From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of kevin meyers <kman2020@...>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 9:15:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws2018 reading characters on web page

Hello, When logging on to a web site there are times I’m asked to enter special characters or type in what it says by a image. I’m unable to tell what the characters or the image so I cannot log on until someone with site tells me what to type in. Is there a way for Jaws to tell me the characters? Even when there is audio, the words spoke are stated so close together and very fast I can not enter  those words.

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

When I have this problem, I record the audio numbers with a tape recorder or digital recorder, then I can slow it down and replay as often as necessary. This works for me.

Elaine

 The only solution I have found is to replace several times the audio file until I can catch the letters. Many times websites don’t even have the audio file.

--

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed. - Robert H. Schuller

Mario

sometimes it is possible to save the clip as an mp3 file . then I can
play it slower if it's too fast.

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
Hello, When logging on to a web site there are times I’m asked to
enter special characters or type in what it says by a image. I’m
unable to tell what the characters or the image so I cannot log on
until someone with site tells me what to type in. Is there a way for
Jaws to tell me the characters? Even when there is audio, the words
spoke are stated so close together and very fast I can not enter
 those words.

--

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the
apples in a seed. - Robert H. Schuller

Steve Nutt

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried JAWS Convenient OCR for this task?  Press JAWS Key+Space Then O, then S for Screen.  It should tell you what the characters are, but it’s not guaranteed to work, as some images are a bit blurred.

All the best

Steve