moderated Jaws2018 reading characters on web page

kevin meyers

Hello, When logging on to a web site there are times I’m asked to enter special characters or type in what it says by a image. I’m unable to tell what the characters or the image so I cannot log on until someone with site tells me what to type in. Is there a way for Jaws to tell me the characters? Even when there is audio, the words spoke are stated so close together and very fast I can not enter  those words.

Dan Longmore

The only solution I have found is to replace several times the audio file until I can catch the letters. Many times websites don’t even have the audio file. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of kevin meyers <kman2020@...>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 9:15:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws2018 reading characters on web page

Hello, When logging on to a web site there are times I’m asked to enter special characters or type in what it says by a image. I’m unable to tell what the characters or the image so I cannot log on until someone with site tells me what to type in. Is there a way for Jaws to tell me the characters? Even when there is audio, the words spoke are stated so close together and very fast I can not enter  those words.

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

When I have this problem, I record the audio numbers with a tape recorder or digital recorder, then I can slow it down and replay as often as necessary. This works for me.

Elaine  

On 5/21/2018 9:24 AM, Dan Longmore wrote:
 The only solution I have found is to replace several times the audio file until I can catch the letters. Many times websites don’t even have the audio file. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of kevin meyers <kman2020@...>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 9:15:25 AM

-- 

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed. - Robert H. Schuller

Mario

sometimes it is possible to save the clip as an mp3 file . then I can
play it slower if it's too fast.

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 10:03 AM EST

When I have this problem, I record the audio numbers with a tape
recorder or digital recorder, then I can slow it down and replay as
often as necessary. This works for me.

Elaine

On 5/21/2018 9:24 AM, Dan Longmore wrote:
 The only solution I have found is to replace several times the audio
file until I can catch the letters. Many times websites don’t even
have the audio file.

Get Outlook for iOS <https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of kevin
meyers <kman2020@...>
*Sent:* Monday, May 21, 2018 9:15:25 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Jaws2018 reading characters on web page

Hello, When logging on to a web site there are times I’m asked to
enter special characters or type in what it says by a image. I’m
unable to tell what the characters or the image so I cannot log on
until someone with site tells me what to type in. Is there a way for
Jaws to tell me the characters? Even when there is audio, the words
spoke are stated so close together and very fast I can not enter
 those words.

--

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the
apples in a seed. - Robert H. Schuller

Steve Nutt

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried JAWS Convenient OCR for this task?  Press JAWS Key+Space Then O, then S for Screen.  It should tell you what the characters are, but it’s not guaranteed to work, as some images are a bit blurred.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: 21 May 2018 14:15

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

But in order to try this I would probably try to use the visual captcha since I don’t think the characters or numbers are displayed in an audio captcha.

Again, if an audio captcha doesn’t work and I don’t have sighted help around this is where my iPhone and Be My Eyes come in handy, much easier and more reliable than trying to find the correct characters using Jaws OCR.

Kevin, if you don’t mind me asking, which website is it where you encounter this captcha?

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws2018 reading characters on web page

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried JAWS Convenient OCR for this task?  Press JAWS Key+Space Then O, then S for Screen.  It should tell you what the characters are, but it’s not guaranteed to work, as some images are a bit blurred.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: 21 May 2018 14:15