Topics

Windows Explorer

Hello,

Has anyone experienced freezing when trying to use windows explorer? I am not sure if it is a JAWS-related issue or not.

I am using JAWS 17, Windows 2007, MS Office 2013 and Sharepoint and networked.

Thanks,

Cathy

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

To Stop Windows Explorer From Saying: Not Responding:

While in Windows Explorer, go to Tools and then folder options.

Next, move to the view tab, and then the tree-view, and uncheck the

following:

show preview handlers in preview payne.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13586 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13586 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill,

Thanks for sharing how to turn off the not responding message. Will this only turn off the dialog box or does it also fix the actual not responding issue?

Thanks,

Cathy

Bill White billwhite92701@...

Has anyone experienced freezing when trying to use windows explorer? I am not sure if it is a JAWS-related issue or not.

I am using JAWS 17, Windows 2007, MS Office 2013 and Sharepoint and networked.

Thanks,

Cathy

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13586 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13586 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

Shan Noyes

I have had this problem before with windows explorer and when it's happened is related to the preview pane is on iPhone that the key combination alt plus the letter P is a toggle and turns it on and off so turn the preview pane off and then when you look at the list of files it doesn't display file content

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2016, at 6:14 PM, Cathy <clschmitt@...> wrote:

[...]

It does not turn off the dialogue box. It speeds up the way some processes are handled in Windows.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13588 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13588 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

Shan Noyes

Turning off the preview feature in windows explorer fixes the not responding problem because what's happening is jaws and the system is overwound bright trying to display every file so turn it off and your problems go away

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 2, 2016, at 10:14 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

[...]

Annabelle Susan Morison

I've turned it off on my machine, but for me the problem still comes up with Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition, especially when I close a project that has a VST Plugin with errors.

[...]

Thank you, Shan, your tip resolved my issue. Cathy