moderated Email inbox

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Whooo!!!

With all the email clients out there it would be helpful if you told us what email you are using

thanks

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: May 14, 2018 4:24
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Email inbox

Hi:

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

david

Hello;

if your using outlook, the answer is no. you can move messages to another folder, you can't move messages up/down within a mail box.

Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: Email inbox

Whooo!!!

With all the email clients out there it would be helpful if you told us what email you are using

thanks

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: May 14, 2018 4:24

Hi:

paul lemm

Hi,

I’m not sure that’s possible since most  email clients sort emails in a specific order (usually by date received), however, although this isn’t a perfect solution by anymeans, as a work around you can just forward the email to yourself, this way it will show as a new message at the top of your inbox and then you could keep that copy an delete the older one.

Hope this helps

Paul

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: 14 May 2018 12:24

Hi:

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

That’s a good idea, thanks

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 10:19 AM

Hi,

I’m not sure that’s possible since most  email clients sort emails in a specific order (usually by date received), however, although this isn’t a perfect solution by anymeans, as a work around you can just forward the email to yourself, this way it will show as a new message at the top of your inbox and then you could keep that copy an delete the older one.

Hope this helps

Paul

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: 14 May 2018 12:24

Hi:

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 4:24 AM

Hi:

Alternatively  you can keep your Inbox clean by moving messages you have dealt with but want to keep into other folders, those which are not important get deleted and only those you still want to reply to or need for something else in the short term stay in the Inbox. I think that is what an “Inbox” is supposed to be, a temporary place to keep incoming emails until you no longer need them or file them I n their proper place. After all, you don’t throw all your paper mail into a big box and leave it there.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 8:30 AM

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi:

Nino Dagostino

Thank you for everyones help.

The (f12) key works perfectly.

Thanks again

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 11:30 AM

Hi:

Van Lant, Robin

Just another option, if you are using Outlook.  If I  have an email I want to follow-up on later, I do the following:

Within the Outlook inbox, I highlight the message. I then use the context key to open the menu and select the follow-up option, which opens a sub-menu of choices.  The choices range from tomorrow, to next week, to a custom option where  you can type in the date.  Flagged messages are then noted by subject line on the Task List, which you get to with Control number row 4.  Since I already use the Task List for other reminders, it’s all in one place.  I also use this method if I have sent someone an email and I want to be sure I get a reply by a certain date.  I believe you can do the same thing in Contacts if you want to remember to follow-up with a person at some point.

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:07 AM

Thanks again

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi:

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Dan Longmore

I never used follow up in this way, great tip for us all.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:28 PM

Just another option, if you are using Outlook.  If I  have an email I want to follow-up on later, I do the following:

Within the Outlook inbox, I highlight the message. I then use the context key to open the menu and select the follow-up option, which opens a sub-menu of choices.  The choices range from tomorrow, to next week, to a custom option where  you can type in the date.  Flagged messages are then noted by subject line on the Task List, which you get to with Control number row 4.  Since I already use the Task List for other reminders, it’s all in one place.  I also use this method if I have sent someone an email and I want to be sure I get a reply by a certain date.  I believe you can do the same thing in Contacts if you want to remember to follow-up with a person at some point.

Thanks again

Hi:

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Oh, and one more idea I have used.  If you have an email or task that you want to work on at a particular date or time, you can add it to your calendar.  There are two good keyboard ways to do this.

From the message or task list, open the context menu and select the “Quick Step” option, which opens a submenu.  The second option down is to create an appointment with the text of the email.  Selecting this will do exactly what it says, placing focus in the subject line of the appointment, where you can then set the date, time and location of your calendar entry.    The only downside to this method is that it populates the body of the email, not the email header, so you may want to note the person the email was from and the date of the message in your subject or at the top of the body of the appointment. 

Another trick I learned is that you can create an appointment with what is on your clipboard. So, if you have a message open and want to add it to your calendar, used Control A to select the text of the message, then control c to put it on the clipboard.  Go to your calendar using Control number row 2 and then hit Control V to paste.  This will open an appointment with the clipboard contents in the body of the appointment and your focus will be at the subject line where you can title the appointment, then tab to add date, time and location.  This trick works with anything else you have on your office clipboard, such as a paragraph you copied from a Word document. 

Office really has some neat tricks.  When I first got Office 2010 at work, I listen to a number of short training videos that offered really cool tricks for dragging and dropping items across calendars and inboxes.  While it was all visually based, it’s been nice to learn how to make use of some of these features with the keyboard. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:37 PM

I never used follow up in this way, great tip for us all.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:28 PM

Thanks again

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi:

Nino Dagostino

Thank you so mutch, you have come up with some wonderful ideas.

I truly thank you “smile”

I have saved all of your ideas.