moderated Email inbox

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Whooo!!!

With all the email clients out there it would be helpful if you told us what email you are using

thanks

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

david

Hello;

if your using outlook, the answer is no. you can move messages to another folder, you can't move messages up/down within a mail box.

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

With all the email clients out there it would be helpful if you told us what email you are using

thanks

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

paul lemm

Hi,

I’m not sure that’s possible since most  email clients sort emails in a specific order (usually by date received), however, although this isn’t a perfect solution by anymeans, as a work around you can just forward the email to yourself, this way it will show as a new message at the top of your inbox and then you could keep that copy an delete the older one.

Hope this helps

Paul

Paul

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

That’s a good idea, thanks

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

Alternatively  you can keep your Inbox clean by moving messages you have dealt with but want to keep into other folders, those which are not important get deleted and only those you still want to reply to or need for something else in the short term stay in the Inbox. I think that is what an “Inbox” is supposed to be, a temporary place to keep incoming emails until you no longer need them or file them I n their proper place. After all, you don’t throw all your paper mail into a big box and leave it there.

Regards,

Sieghard

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

Nino Dagostino

Thank you for everyones help.

The (f12) key works perfectly.

Thanks again

Hi, Nino. If I have an email which I know I will want to act on in the future, and know it may be difficult to find, here’s what I do. I use F12 to save the email as a file. Once it saves, the name resembles the subject line, and it is usually saved as a file in Documents with an .msg extension. If you click on the file, it opens outlook, and you are in the body of the email you saved. You can do all the things you can normally do with an email, including, reply, forward, etc.

I was wondering if anybody new how to move the posission of an email that is quite far down on the lists of emails in the inbox.

Is there a way to move that message further up in the list of emails?

I hope I explained it properly.

Van Lant, Robin

Just another option, if you are using Outlook.  If I  have an email I want to follow-up on later, I do the following:

Within the Outlook inbox, I highlight the message. I then use the context key to open the menu and select the follow-up option, which opens a sub-menu of choices.  The choices range from tomorrow, to next week, to a custom option where  you can type in the date.  Flagged messages are then noted by subject line on the Task List, which you get to with Control number row 4.  Since I already use the Task List for other reminders, it’s all in one place.  I also use this method if I have sent someone an email and I want to be sure I get a reply by a certain date.  I believe you can do the same thing in Contacts if you want to remember to follow-up with a person at some point.