moderated Using JAWS to Resume a Download from BARD

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

When a download I am trying to make from the BARD web site is interrupted, I try to get it to resume by finding the Resume button and using a left mouse click.  But instead of picking up where the download left off, it starts it all over again.  Is there a way using JAWS that you can resume an interrupted download where the download will resume from where it left off?

Rick Miller

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

No, there isn’t. Resuming a download where you left off is usually a feature of ftp, not an http download.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

When a download I am trying to make from the BARD web site is interrupted, I try to get it to resume by finding the Resume button and using a left mouse click.  But instead of picking up where the download left off, it starts it all over again.  Is there a way using JAWS that you can resume an interrupted download where the download will resume from where it left off?

Rick Miller

Dan Longmore

I don’t believe that BARD, except perhaps BARD express, will allow you to pause and resume.  You need to re start the download.

Dan

When a download I am trying to make from the BARD web site is interrupted, I try to get it to resume by finding the Resume button and using a left mouse click.  But instead of picking up where the download left off, it starts it all over again.  Is there a way using JAWS that you can resume an interrupted download where the download will resume from where it left off?

Rick Miller

HH. Smith Jr.

Dan

Also, if you use a download manager such as IDM.