Topics

Further to the virtical tab discussion

Kimber Gardner

Hi All,

The vertical tab announcements are now gone thanks to the excellent
instructions previously posted. But now I would like to rid myself of
the "new line" announcement at the termination of every single line
that doesn't terminate with a paragraph symbol.

Before someone suggests that I turn off announcement of symbols, I am
a writer and I need to hear where certain symbols occur like the
paragraph symbol so turning everything off isn't a good option.

I tried using the same steps that worked for the vertical tab problem,
substituting a \n which is the ascii symbol for new line, but it
didn't work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Kimber

--
Kimberly

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kimber. Try entering these two entries into the dictionary. \013 and \010. These are for the linefeed and carriage return respectively, and these are the ASCII symbols which signal a new line.

I hope this helps you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13585 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13585 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

Kimber Gardner

Thanks Bill. Neither of those entries got rid of new line for me. I
think I'll give FS a call.

database 13585 (20160602) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
Kimberly

Kimber,

          Give "Next Line," U+0085 a try.  Since typing an Enter gives a paragraph mark I can't figure out what you would be getting a "new line" from, since the text in Word just flows to the next line and there is no character that I know of inserted to cause that behavior.
--
Brian

         ~ William James