From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nicole
Massey
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws 17 Lagging

Okay, I just upgraded to Jaws 17 from Jaws 15. I'm running Windows 7 on a
Dell dual core machine.
I've managed to not have any of the annoying Jaws freeze problems in Outlook
that I had in 15 so far. However, I'm noticing that Jaws 17 seems slower. It
doesn't respond as quickly when reading things. Is this a known issue, or
something I'm dealing with because I'm running Windows 7? It slows down
things like clearing the junk email folder each morning, and it seems more
sluggish.

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

I've noticed a lag. That said, I'm a lot more sensitive to time than the
average person thanks to my decades of music performance and composition.
There's a clear lag in Outlook -- I delete something from the junk email
folder and there's a pause before Jaws reads the next sender and title to
me, and it wasn't like that with 15.
Is there a way to make Jaws respond in a snappier way? Perhaps adjust a
buffer size, for example?

I'm running JAWS 17 on a Windows 7 system and only notice lagging if there's
something really busy going on: things like a massively busy web page
compose or read a message. Overall, though, I don't see it any less
responsive than any prior version.

Okay, I just upgraded to Jaws 17 from Jaws 15. I'm running Windows 7 on a
Dell dual core machine.
I've managed to not have any of the annoying Jaws freeze problems in Outlook
that I had in 15 so far. However, I'm noticing that Jaws 17 seems slower. It
doesn't respond as quickly when reading things. Is this a known issue, or
something I'm dealing with because I'm running Windows 7? It slows down
things like clearing the junk email folder each morning, and it seems more
sluggish.

Maria Campbell

I don't find too much lag in JAWS 17, but Narrator is terrible in that department in W10.  I also find much lag when connecting via bluetooth.  Most annoying.

Maria Campbell
lucky1@...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
--Attributer to Jimmi Hendrix
On 5/28/2016 12:08 PM, Nicole Massey wrote:

[...]

Jason White

Walt Smith <ka3lists@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
I'm running JAWS 17 on a Windows 7 system and only notice lagging if there's
something really busy going on:

I'm not noticing any on a Windows 10 machine, but it's a very fast system and
I haven't run any applications that would consume a lot of memory and CPU
time.

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

Another thing I've noticed -- when I press Jaws+F11 it does something odd,
and the list of tray programs won't come up. If I press it again, even after
some time has passed, I get a note that Jaws can't open it because it's
already open. Rebooting Jaws seems to fix this issue, so it's an
intermittent problem where only sometimes the program has trouble with this.
Sort of odd.

lucky1@gmail.com <mailto:lucky1@gmail.com>

[...]

Yeah, this happens to me even when it's only Outlook running. I've installed
the most recent updates, so that's not the problem of running something that
needs a patch.