Topics

Spell check in Outlook 2013 seems to lack full accessibility

Walt Smith

I only recently was forced to change to a more recent version of Office and I’m still frequently baffled by the unintuitive nature of a lot of it. For example, when the spell check is being run before a new e-mail is sent, I’m not able to arrow up and down in the list of suggested words: in fact, I can’t even delete characters and retype them in the field where the suggestions are shown. Is there some secret to this dialog? Thanks for any tips.

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm@...

Dave...

Walt,

When confronted with a misspelled word, tab once to get to the list. Then up/down arrow to hear the choices (if there are more than one offered). Ctrl+C to use that word as a correction, Ctrl+I to ignore the word, Ctrl+G to ignore all occurrences of that spelling in the message.

Repeat, rinse, repeat until clean.

Dave Carlson

I only recently was forced to change to a more recent version of Office and I’m still frequently baffled by the unintuitive nature of a lot of it. For example, when the spell check is being run before a new e-mail is sent, I’m not able to arrow up and down in the list of suggested words: in fact, I can’t even delete characters and retype them in the field where the suggestions are shown. Is there some secret to this dialog? Thanks for any tips.

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm@...

"Kevin Hourigan " <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Walt,

I am using Outlook 2016, am able to tab to arrow through the list of suggestions, but unable to edit the misspelled word.

Cheers Kevin.