moderated unzipping several files at once using 7zip

Nino Dagostino

Does any body know how to unzip leveral files at once.  I think you told me one time.

I cant find the email so I sure would appreciate telling me one more time and this time I wont loose it.

Thanks.

If you think there is something better than 7zip let me know, I am using windows10

Thanks

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Nino,

To unzip multiple files or folders with 7Zip:

1. Highlight the file or folders you want to unzip.  They can be both, .ZIP or .RAR files or, just 1 or the other.  This program has the ability to unzip both types at the same time.

2. Press the applications / context menu key or, Shift + F10 to open the context menu.

3. Press, the #7 on the number row above the main keyboard or, arrow down to 7Zip & press enter.  The first time you use the program you might want to arrow down the list to see what options the program has to offer.

4. A. if you are unzipping  a single file / folder arrow down to, extract here, & press enter, and all the files will be extracted to that folder, but beware, they will be extracted as single files rather than being unzipped into a folder.  Use the, Extract To *, option to have all files go into a folder of the same name without the, .Zip, extension.

4. B. When you are extracting multiple folders, press enter on the, Extract To *, option.  This will extract all the folders into folders of the same name without the, .Zip, extension.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:10 PM
Subject: unzipping several files at once using 7zip

Does any body know how to unzip leveral files at once.  I think you told me one time.

I cant find the email so I sure would appreciate telling me one more time and this time I wont loose it.

Thanks.

If you think there is something better than 7zip let me know, I am using windows10

Thanks

Nino Dagostino

Thanks Mike for your help

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 3:10 PM

Does any body know how to unzip leveral files at once.  I think you told me one time.

I cant find the email so I sure would appreciate telling me one more time and this time I wont loose it.

Thanks.

If you think there is something better than 7zip let me know, I am using windows10

Thanks

Dennis Brown

WinZip is what I use, and when I download several digital books from BARD/NLS”", I hit Control+A in File Explorer to select all the files, then Shift+F10 to bring up the Context menu.
There are a couple of WinZip items, but you can get to the correct item by hitting the letter Z
In the WinZip menu, whatever task you select, it will act on all the selected files.  In the digital books example above, I select the one that opens all the files into their own folder, using the file name as their folder name.
Hope this helps!
Dennis

Does any body know how to unzip leveral files at once.  I think you told me one time.

I cant find the email so I sure would appreciate telling me one more time and this time I wont loose it.

Thanks.

If you think there is something better than 7zip let me know, I am using windows10

Thanks

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

It sure does help thank you.