suggestions for a lenovo laptop please

Mark Furness

I am now looking at lenovo brand for a laptop.
Does anyone have a good suggestion on which model?
What would you say the difference is between the Lenovo thinkpad VS ideapad?

Thank you for all information.
Purchasing a new laptop is not easy. Especially since I want to be sure it will work well with Jaws!
Mark F

Kimber Gardner

I've had several Lenovos over the years and all have worked well with Jaws.

Kimber

--
Kimberly

Jason White

I'm very pleased so far with the Lenovo P50S laptop that I am using at work.
The full keyboard (including numeric key pad) allows you to use JAWS or
another screen reader in desktop keyboard layout, rather than in laptop
layout.

Performance is excellent, due in particular to the 500GB SSD which is used for
storage. From meory, there is also the option of an LTE modem for connecting
to mobile networks. You can choose the amount of memory installed and the CPU
when buying.

It has a touch screen, which JAWS supports (as do some other screen readers).
This can be useful if you want to know how applications are presented on
screen.

It supports Intel Management Engine firmware, which is meant to enable a
remote technical support person to access it securely over a network for
such purposes as installing the operating system, changing firmware
configuration settings, etc. I have not activated or tried to use this mode. I
strongly suspect that it would present access difficulties to technical
support people who are blind, but it may be partially accessible, since it
operates as a Web server (on a non-standard port).

This laptop can be purchased with a docking station, from which it obtains
power and through which it can connect to external devices (a keyboard, a
monitor and whatever else you wish to attach over USB). To use it as a laptop,
you simply press a button and slide it out of the docking station.

This laptop is heavy, so be warned, although it isn't as heavy as they used to
be in the 1990s. As a result of having a full keyboard, it's longer than most
laptops, while still fitting into my backpack. Your situation may be
different, of course.

If I were in the market for a laptop myself at the moment, I would strongly
consider buying one.