moderated High Importance E-mail

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Ann Byrne

Alt-h, then h.

At 02:16 PM 5/1/2018, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as "high importance" in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr. Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

Thanks, Ann.

Am I correct in saying that you can do this with an individual message when
needed, after which you default back to the normal importance level?

Tom Behler

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as "high
importance" in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would
like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr. Tom Behler From Michigan

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

I’ve thoroughly explored all the keystrokes for Office 2016 and I don’t believe there is a keystroke for that specific feature. The best you can do is memorize the ribbon key tip and use it.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

Cathyanne:

Another list member suggested alt H followed by another H when in the body of the e-mail you wish to send, and it seems to work here.

Am using Outlook 2016 with the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a Windows 7 laptop.

Tom Behler

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Michael Mote

Hi Tom!  Try Alt H followed by the letter H to see if that works.

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. ALT plus H, followed by H works here. You’ll need to have Virtual Ribbons unchecked in JAWS in the Default Configuration for this keystroke to work.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

Yes. Those are the commands to activate the key tip in the ribbon.

CathyAnne

---

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 300-7859

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:42 PM -0700, "Bill White" <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Tom. ALT plus H, followed by H works here. You’ll need to have Virtual Ribbons unchecked in JAWS in the Default Configuration for this keystroke to work.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Tom. If your next message doesn’t revert back to unflagged, there seems to be only two options: either high importance or low importance. The keystroke for low importance is ALT plus H followed by L.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Another list member suggested alt H followed by another H when in the body of the e-mail you wish to send, and it seems to work here.

Am using Outlook 2016 with the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a Windows 7 laptop.

Tom Behler

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Van Lant, Robin

If it still works in Outlook 2016, Alt Enter opens a dialog of message settings that includes a drop down for priority, sensitivity and a couple other message options.  This the way I sent high priority. I’m still in Outlook 2010.

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Alt Enter also works in Outlook 2010

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

Home Phone: 239-540-7431

Cell phone: 239-565-5845

If it still works in Outlook 2016, Alt Enter opens a dialog of message settings that includes a drop down for priority, sensitivity and a couple other message options.  This the way I sent high priority. I’m still in Outlook 2010.

Does anyone know of a key stroke for designating an e-mail as “high importance” in Outlook 2016?

I can get to the high importance designation via the menus, but would like a specific key stroke for doing this if that is available.

Am using the latest build of Jaws 2018 on a windows 7 laptop here.

Thanks as always!

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mike. What I discovered is this:

If I set a message from Normal Importance to either High Importance or to Low Importance, I can toggle it back to normal importance simply by using one of the following keystrokes.

If the message is set to High Importance, the keystroke ALT plus H, followed by H will uncheck the High Importance flag, and return it to normal.

If the message is set to Low Importance, the keystroke ALT plus H, followed by L will uncheck the Low Importance flag, and return it to normal.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...