moderated P.S. RE: Question about caps lock

Van Lant, Robin

As a P.S. to this question, I now see that, caps lock does not even work as a true caps lock.  I do have JAWS to use caps lock as a modifier key.  Does this mean that I lose the functionality of caps lock altogether?  If that is the case, that makes my login screen issue below even stranger.  It also seems odd that JAWS cannot retain the function of caps lock while also letting it be modifier key; Window Eyes allowed this. Not trying to be critical, but am really confused.  Maybe it’s a good thing if you cannot accidentally turn on caps lock.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of mnowicki.transactional@...
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 12:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Question about caps lock

Robin,

Are you using the desktop or laptop keyboard layout? If you are using the laptop layout, you must press the caps lock twice quickly to toggle it on and off, because the caps lock key is used as the JAWS modifier key.

Best,

Michal

[...]

This communication may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. It is intended solely for the use
of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
distributing or using any of this information. If you
received this communication in error, please contact the
sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may
contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such
information for any purpose other than to provide the
services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for
products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No
Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

netbat66

yes, the insert key is the default jaws key for the desktop layout. but you can also change this to the capslock. and when you do you have to use alt capslock to turn it on or off. double tapping capslock will not work if you use it this way.
and this is what is happening for me and one of the posters.

[...]

Mario

so, instead of numlock <pause> numlock it would be numlock numlock, right?
I guess it would be a toggle of sorts, and the same would be pressed to
disable the use of the numbers from the numpad?

[...]

Dave Durber

As the previous responder stated, if you have JAWS set to use the Laptop Keyboard Layout, you need to tap the Caps Lock Key twice, to turn the Caps Lock function on, and tap it twice, in order to turn it off.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber