moderated Notepadplusplus

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

Has anybody worked with Notepad++?

I just started using notepad++

I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mario

what is the problem with Wordpad?
would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows,
no need to download a seperate program.

I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

Thanks for responding.

Some times I have to have several files open at a time.

I will see if Notepad can do that, I know that notepad++ will do that.

Our instructor in our class says we should use notepad++

That's is why I am trying to use it.

Thank you

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows, no
need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Wheat

Hello,

I had the same problem with Ultraedit. Here is what I did to get it working.
A similar procedure might work for Notepad++.

Highlight some text.
Switch to the JAWS cursor and move it to one of the highlighted characters.
Press CTRL-JAWS-H for custom highlight.
Press OK to set both foreground an background.
I think it is at this point you will be asked if you want to create a custom
config file for Notepad++ and the answer is yes.
You will get another warning about creating a custom highlight, and the
answer is yes.

I think I got all the steppes, I was writing it from memory. Give it a try
and let us know if it works.

Scott

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows, no
need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nino Dagostino

Thanks I will give it a try.

Have a good day.

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows, no
need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Chaffin

yes, you can have multiple notepad documents open at the same time, I am a big notepad user and do it all the time.

Chris

On Apr 9, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Nino Dagostino <ndagostino3@...> wrote:

Hi:

Thanks for responding.

Some times I have to have several files open at a time.

I will see if Notepad can do that, I know that notepad++ will do that.

Our instructor in our class says we should use notepad++

That's is why I am trying to use it.

Thank you

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows, no
need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mario

Chris, it's not a big deal, but do you know if Notepad has a maximum
limit to how big of a text file can be opened? results from researching
says it is basically limited by the computer’s hardware configuration
(how much memory, hard drive capacity, etc.). the largest I found was
mentioned to be 512 MB but was theoretically estimated to be 16 TB.
I also noted that the larger the file is, the longer it takes Notepad to
open it, and the length of time depends on other technical specs of the
computer used.

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows, no
need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would work
better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

.

Chris Chaffin

I do not use extremely large text files, but the largest text file that I have ever heard of that has been opened by notepad is 0.5 GB. I do not know anything about the relation of computer hardware.
Now, I have never tested the 0.5 GB myself, just read about it a few years ago.

I also read somewhere about notepad having a limit on total lines in the file. Do not remember what that number was, just know that it was over a million.

Hope this helps,

Chris

On Apr 9, 2018, at 2:14 PM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much.

would Notepad be of use to you? it comes with any edition of Windows,
no need to download a seperate program.
I noticed Jaws does not when you are trying to highlite text.

If some one could point me in the direction for some wordpad help.

The other question I have is there a better text editor that would
work better with Jaws.

My tutor and I are coding web pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

.

Steve Matzura

Native Windows Notepad can definitely not open multiple documents simultaneously. A separate instance of Notepad is required to open each one. On the other hand, Notepad++ can open as many simultaneous document, one per window,as available memory can handle, all managed by the same instance of Notepad++. In other words, Notepadd++ is more efficient, only needs to run once, and access to all open documents is controlled from within the program. No task-switching is required, which also makes it more efficient to navigate among open windows without having to Alt-TAB past running programs you don't need to trip over on your way through your work.

On 4/9/2018 12:57 PM, Chris Chaffin wrote:
[...]

Thank you for all of your help, that worked.

Have a good day.