Topics

designating in box as primary in Outlook 2013

Lauren Snyder

Hi:

I am using Jaws 17 with Windows 10 & Outlook 2013. I have an account which though not appearing in my account settings, thus not allowing me to delete it, nevertheless is the in box to which Outlook automatically opens up to. How can I change this so the correct in box with the desired email address opens up automatically when I launch Outlook 2013?

Sincerely,

Lauren

Lauren,

            I don't know which of the following webpages will be the most JAWS friendly, but one should be.  Each gives step-by-step instructions for changing your default inbox (these steps did not change that I know of for Outlook 2013 and I think they're the same for Outlook 2016, too):

I suspect that Outlook is opening with the Outlook folders by default, and this folder set is not associated with any specific e-mail account and cannot be deleted.  However, if you set up a different inbox as your start folder you can conveniently ignore it entirely.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

"Kevin Hourigan " <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Listers,

Off topic for this thread, but could someone please post the email address I would use to post a question to this list, please? I went to the site but could only find ways to subscribe.

Cheers Kevin.

            I don't know which of the following webpages will be the most JAWS friendly, but one should be.  Each gives step-by-step instructions for changing your default inbox (these steps did not change that I know of for Outlook 2013 and I think they're the same for Outlook 2016, too):

I suspect that Outlook is opening with the Outlook folders by default, and this folder set is not associated with any specific e-mail account and cannot be deleted.  However, if you set up a different inbox as your start folder you can conveniently ignore it entirely.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Your message came through. I have Outlook, but only one address in it right now, so when I open, Inbox is the designated box. I don't know how to tell you to make it that if it is not; neither do I know how to get the hotmail address Microsoft wanted me to get into Outlook. Therefore, all of their commercials are just going nowhere.

Bye for now,

Carolyn