From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@noisynotes.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:17 AM
Subject: Firefox and Alerts

In IE it was easy--Press Alt-N. How are the alerts gotten to in FF?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

Robert Logue

I've learned to listen for the hot key announcement with most alerts. Sometimes it's alt+r. Or alt+a. It depends on the context of the alert. I press the hot key then tab to the choices if any.
It's a pain if I miss it or if Jaws somehow doesnn't read it.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On May 14, 2016, at 10:24 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Alerts come up once in Firefox without having to press any key. The drawback is that once the alerts come up, and then disappear, they are gone. There is no key which can be pressed to get back the alert message.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Matzura" <number6@noisynotes.com>
In IE it was easy--Press Alt-N. How are the alerts gotten to in FF?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom Behler

Bill:

Is there any way to stop the alerts from coming up in Firefox?

Perhaps there may be some value to them, but I find that they get in the way
of navigation.

I've found this problem to be especially annoying, most recently in Firefox
46.

Tom Behler

In IE it was easy--Press Alt-N. How are the alerts gotten to in FF?

database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I haven't found any way to stop alerts from coming up in Firefox.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13489 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13489 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

Tom Behler

Bill:

Once the alerts come up, how can you get beyond them to navigate the
particular web page you are on?

Sometimes, I find that I have to completely back out of Firefox, and then
get back in to it to eliminate the alert, which is a pain, to say the least.

And, what if any is the value of the alerts?

Just trying to learn here! (smile)

Tom Behler

I haven't found any way to stop alerts from coming up in Firefox.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

In IE it was easy--Press Alt-N. How are the alerts gotten to in FF?

signature
database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature
database 13488 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 13489 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 13489 (20160514) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

The alerts tell you how to accept or reject something. You have to press the key in question to do the function needed.