My monitor is totally black

George Marshall

Hi:

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

George,

            Have you tested it on another machine.  It is possible that the monitor itself has died.  When that's the case the Device Manager will still report that the monitor is working properly because from the computer's side, it is.

            If this is a laptop I have other possibilities, but more information is needed.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

Dave...

George,

Most separate PC monitors have an on-off switch. have you looked for
anything like that?

Dave Carlson

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject
line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on
the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is
black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

Charles Coe

Hi, George,

I would suggest googling the "black monitor repair" . You will find solutions on how to repair this type of problem. There is even you tube videos on the topic.

You may have a problem with worn out capacitors in the monitor if it has been used a lot.

Most separate PC monitors have an on-off switch. have you looked for anything like that?

Dave Carlson

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject
line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on
the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is
black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

"Kevin Hourigan " <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello George,
I have had that a few times, and rebooting fixed it, if you have not tried that already.
Cheers Kevin.

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

George Marshall

Hi:

Thanks I've tried that didn't work.

George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

I have had that a few times, and rebooting fixed it, if you have not tried that already.
Cheers Kevin.

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

George Marshall

Hi:
thanks I looked at it.
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

I would suggest googling the "black monitor repair" . You will find solutions on how to repair this type of problem. There is even you tube videos on the topic.

You may have a problem with worn out capacitors in the monitor if it has been used a lot.

Most separate PC monitors have an on-off switch. have you looked for anything like that?

Dave Carlson

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

George Marshall

Hi:

Yes I've tried that several times, thanks.

George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

Most separate PC monitors have an on-off switch. have you looked for anything like that?

Dave Carlson

I hope someone can help, give me some ideas? As I stated in this subject
line my monitor won't come on. I've checked in the devices and clicked on
the monitor. It tells me this device is working properly but the screen is
black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

George Marshall

Hi:

Yes the device manager does report that the monitor's working properly, but the monitor won't come on. I'm taking it to a computer repair and sales shop tomorrow.
George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com