Deleting an account in Outlook 2013

Lauren Snyder

Hi:

I am using Outlook 2013 with Windows 10. When I open Outlook, I can see an account I want to delete. However, when I go to account settings, it does not appear. How can I delete this account?

Sincerely,

Lauren

Lauren,

             I suspect that this is the account whose inbox is currently open.  You cannot delete any account when any one of its folders is the one that has active focus.  If you have only one account, this means that you cannot delete it until you have created a second account and have focus on that account in the tree view of messages before trying to delete the first one.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

Lauren Snyder

Hi Brian:

I have 2 accounts. I can read them with Jaws when Outlook first opens in the tree view. However, when I go to account settings, the account I wish to delete, which may have been my first one created, does not appear.

             I suspect that this is the account whose inbox is currently open.  You cannot delete any account when any one of its folders is the one that has active focus.  If you have only one account, this means that you cannot delete it until you have created a second account and have focus on that account in the tree view of messages before trying to delete the first one.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

James Homuth

You need to be actually looking at the contents of your second account before you can delete your first one. Deleting your first account will not be an option as long as your first account is the one Outlook considers active.