Stephanie Switzer

No open office uses menus.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

Maria Campbell

Yea!
Thanks.

On 5/10/2016 2:45 PM, Stephanie Switzer wrote:
No open office uses menus.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

Maria Campbell

When I went looking for open office I found Apache open office. Is that the same thing?
Don't want any bugs in my new laptop.

On 5/10/2016 2:58 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
Yea!
Thanks.

On 5/10/2016 2:45 PM, Stephanie Switzer wrote:
No open office uses menus.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Yes it is the same thing. It was just renamed.

Kenny Peyatt.

On 5/10/2016 3:10 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
When I went looking for open office I found Apache open office. Is that the same thing?
Don't want any bugs in my new laptop.

On 5/10/2016 2:58 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
Yea!
Thanks.

On 5/10/2016 2:45 PM, Stephanie Switzer wrote:
No open office uses menus.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

Stephanie Switzer

Yes they just changed it's name is all. I think the official website is openoffice.org if that helps you. I'm not near a computer so I can't doublecheck that. So you might want to check it out for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 2:10 PM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

When I went looking for open office I found Apache open office. Is that the same thing?
Don't want any bugs in my new laptop.

On 5/10/2016 2:58 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
Yea!
Thanks.

On 5/10/2016 2:45 PM, Stephanie Switzer wrote:
No open office uses menus.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2016, at 11:58 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

John Gurd

Is the whole thing fully accessible to JFW users?

John

wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

Stephanie Switzer

I honestly have no idea because I don't have Jaws on any of my machines anymore.
Sorry i can't help
Sent from my iPhone

wrote:

Does open office use ribbons?

Maria Campbell

lucky1inct@gmail.com

It's been repeatedly stated on this particular forum that Open Office is accessible via JAWS.  I can't say how "fully" qualifies as "fully" to any given user, but there are lots of folks here who are using Open Office as their suite of choice.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

Stephanie Switzer

Also Google results say that it is now accessible for screen readers. I'm assuming that includes jaws. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

It's been repeatedly stated on this particular forum that Open Office is accessible via JAWS.  I can't say how "fully" qualifies as "fully" to any given user, but there are lots of folks here who are using Open Office as their suite of choice.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     ~  Poul Anderson

David Moore

Hi,
I use Open Office with JAWS, and it is as good and accessible with JAWS, for what I want to do, as MS Office since I am not in school anymore LOL!

Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 5:08 PM

Also Google results say that it is now accessible for screen readers. I'm assuming that includes jaws. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

It's been repeatedly stated on this particular forum that Open Office is accessible via JAWS.  I can't say how "fully" qualifies as "fully" to any given user, but there are lots of folks here who are using Open Office as their suite of choice.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     Poul Anderson

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I wish I'd have known about Open Office before spending the money I did for Office 2013, because I could have downloaded an e-mail client.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On May 12, 2016, at 3:14 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com <mailto:britechguy@gmail.com> > wrote:

It's been repeatedly stated on this particular forum that Open Office is accessible via JAWS. I can't say how "fully" qualifies as "fully" to any given user, but there are lots of folks here who are using Open Office as their suite of choice.

Brian
--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
~ Poul Anderson

Maria Campbell

I'm only using Open Office for the word processor.