To Moderater

Val Paul

Hi!

Due to email sent afew moments ago about going on about computer slowing after start up, I'm sorry to have offended anyone.

I joined this list because i'm a very unexperienced Jaws and computer user. also, to get help and support not to be pulled up for going on and on about a subject!

By the way, i don't feel i've been guilty of! If people ask me questions, then, i'm sure you'll agree,, it would be rude not to reply to them.

I would like to say at this point, that i appreciate all the kind people who have done nothing but be willing to help, and to thank them all very much.

In due of this comment, i hope it will be a while before i need to post to this list!

In the meantime, i'll look for a support list in the uk, and if i find one, will unsubscribe from this one.

Thanks once again to all the kind and helpful friends i've made on this, and i'm sorry i've been a trouble!

Val.

Don Walls

Val, it's not the number of your emails that the writer commented on but the subject line. Sometimes when a thread goes on, the actual focus of emails changes and it's then that it is helpful to change the subject line. I believe that's all that was meant.

Keep persevering as you, like the rest of work, work at mastering the challenges of technology.

Don

[...]

cecropia64

Val:

Not everyone is a great computer and Jaws user.  There are some on here that seem to think they are and come across like that. But most of us aren't.  I know when I had my sight I considered myself a proficient user and pretty knowledgeable.  But now I am just a novice with many things and am happy to be so.

Don't worry about asking so many questions.  That's what this list is for.  It is for learning.

Stew

On 3/3/2018 1:17 PM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

Hi Don!

I feel i didn't keep going on about this subject, but answered the questions that people asked me, I must admit, i was a bit upset, because as i said i'm very unexperienced in this field, and where I live i have noone to assisrt me whatever.

-----Original Message----- From: Val Paul
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

[...]

Hi Stew!

Sitting here crying because i feel so inadequate, and had such high hopes when i joined this list, not to be a trouble by keeping asking questions.

Val.

On 03/03/2018 18:22, cecropia64 wrote:
[...]

Mike Rogers

Hay Val,
you're not alone. I'm pretty ignorant, when it comes to using JAWS, but people on this list are very helpful. Let it go and feel free to ask all the questions you need to. Enjoy the weekend.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 18:29:01 +0000
"Val Paul" <vpcara79@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike!

I'm not only ignorant about Jaws and win10, but about the in's and out's of a computer.

I'm not good at making up a subject line or varying it, which the moderater said i should do!

Thanks again!

Val.

On 03/03/2018 19:15, Mike Rogers wrote:
[...]

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Now I feel real bad; big virtual hug.

[...]

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

You havent been a problem and I am sorry if someone said something to offend you. Just rememer thier are all kinds of people here just like in everyday life. Dont let one bad apple run you off.

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.

cecropia64

Val:

I know just how frustrating it can be.  I went from a sighted computer user to a blind one.  Talk about being lost or what.

But you will

get it after a time.  It just takes time and patience.  Try not to stress too much about it.  It's just another thing to over come.

Stew

On 3/3/2018 1:29 PM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

ooohhh no, Dont feel bad. Most of us want to help but there are always people that have to say rude things. It is part of the internet unfortunatly. Just as it is in the real world. Smile and hugs!

On 3/3/2018 10:29 AM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Randy,

I don't think Kevin meant any disrespect. I think we just all need to realize that some list members, Val is one of them, are not experienced and that applies to Jaws as well as general knowledge about using computers.
Val, if you press Control+R to reply to an email, you can usually press Shift+Tab once (maybe twice in some cases) and that puts you in the subject line.
Now you can delete the entire line and write something different or use normal commands like backspace to delete part of it or even simply just add something at the end.
Having said this, changing the subject line does not change the fact the message is part of the original conversation thread. I think it's OK to just reply, but let's say a topic really changes focus then it's better from time to time to simply start a new email with a subject line that is more descriptive and by doing so start a new thread.
As others have said, don't feel bad, Kevin probably just assumed you know how to modify the subject line so just accept his virtual hug (hope he had a shower this morning) and keep asking away.

Take care,
Sieghard

[...]

Cristóbal

You know, the mute thread feature in Groups.IO is pretty handy. You wish
people would remember this more often. Makes ignoring or filtering out
threads that for whatever reason don’t' interest you or simply meander
forever super convenient. Did this with the slow PC thread after it started
to drag on. I didn't hurt anyone's feelings and didn't become frustrated by
it and had no clue as to the apparent resulting drama from it. Again,
because I muted it and was blissfully unaware that it was still going.
Again, the mute this topic feature is your friend.

[...]

Hi Randy!

Got an email from the guy who was complaining appologizing which i've accepted.

The only thing is, i'm an amature with lists and computers, and any confidence i might have gained through being on this list, have completely lost! [i'm not a confident person at the best of times]Hi

On 03/03/2018 19:54, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

When i became blind at 5, i had a very bad school life where i was bullied! So, this made me very insecure and unconfident.

When that was put out on the list, it really upset me, and has destroyed any confidence i gained through being on the list.

Val.

On 03/03/2018 19:55, cecropia64 wrote:
[...]

Well, I'm only gonna do this once as this isn't the place to do it.  But if you want someone to talk with, let me know.  I'm usually always around.

On 3/3/2018 3:09 PM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

Don't worry i'll survive. I have after my school days, and they were a lot worse believe me!

Big Hugs and thanks.

Val.

On 03/03/2018 19:52, Kevin Hourigan wrote:
[...]

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Val!

Keep going! You will *totally* get it! Ask endless questions. We all love them! I am just like you: sighted to not computer user. Today I run circles around all my sighted friends on the computer. This is very embarrassing to them ; ) So will you!

Keep asStiff upper lip!
Richard

[...]

I hadnt seen Kevin's comment when I wrote that. I see now he didnt mean to be offensive or anything. smile

[...]

Hi Richard!

I'm afraid i'm not very good at keeping the stiff uperlip!

Will try to keep a big smile for all my friends on the list.

Val.