Right-clicking on the task bar

N K Shackelford

I need to know how to be able to right click on the task bar so I can change a setting. I'm told there is an option called "show windows side by side," and I need to be able to try this. Any help is appreciated.

T I A,

Nance

--
N K Shackelford
--Walk on faith and trust in love - Michael Reed--

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Nance. The way I Right Click on the task bar is to first go to the desktop.

Then TAB until you hear TASK VIEW. Press either the Applications Key, or if you have no Applications Key, press SHIFT plus F10.

When I do this, a menu becomes available which I can Arrow up and down through the menu.

I’ll post the menu below. Note that, for some reason, Windows Side By Side says unavailable. Maybe this is because I don’t use Window tiles. OK, here’s the menu.

Context Menu
To navigate press Up or Down Arrow.

Toolbars sub menu
Cortana sub menu
Show Task View button checked
Show People button
Show Windows Ink Workspace button
Show touch keyboard button
Cascade windows Unavailable
Show windows stacked Unavailable
Show windows side by side Unavailable

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I need to know how to be able to right click on the task bar so I can change a setting. I'm told there is an option called "show windows side by side," and I need to be able to try this. Any help is appreciated.

T I A,

Nance

--

N K Shackelford
--Walk on faith and trust in love - Michael Reed--

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Nance. Here’s something I found on Google, which I believe would be possible for JAWS users.

Q:  Show windows side by side in windows 10

I've always right clicked on the taskbar and selected "Show windows side by side." Now on my Windows 10 laptop, the two windows display very narrow and

only on one half of the screen. Is there something I can do to make two documents display across the entire  width of the screen?

Aero Snap is one of the interesting features of Windows 10 that automatically arrange windows by tiles or side by side. Here are the different methods

on how you can customize your windows view on your desktop using Aero  Snap:

Method 1: Side by side windows.

This method will make each window take half of the computer screen allowing you to arrange it side by side.

1. Press and hold Windows logo key.

2. Press the left or right arrow key.

Method 2: Vertical Snap

You can also use Aero Snap to maximize or minimize the open windows on your desktop.

1. Press and hold Windows logo key + Up arrow key to snap the window to the top halves of the screen.

2. Press and hold Windows logo key + Down arrow key to snap the window to the bottom halves of the screen.

3. Press Windows logo key + Up arrow key twice to maximize the window.

4. Press Windows logo key + Down arrow key twice to minimize the window.

I hope this helps you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...