windows defender review.

Val Paul

Hi Everyone!

My newphew has just found this link for me to post to the list hoping you might be interested in it.

http://uk.pcmag.com/windows-defender-beta-2/25697/review/microsoft-windows-defender-security-center

Steve Matzura

None of this surprises me, but we as visually impaired, and specifically screenreader, users have other things to consider, none of which are addressed by any of the top-honors-takers in this article. I'd love to be a Kaspersky user, but with a screenreader,and I've tried all four--JAWS, NVDA, WE, Narrator--and can't make heads or tails of it with either. Once again, we're stuck with inferior products thanks to companies that don't treat us as viable and repeating customers. Nothing like being second-, or even third-class citizens in the computing community, is there!

On 2/27/2018 2:49 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi Everyone!

My newphew has just found this link for me to post to the list hoping you might be interested in it.

http://uk.pcmag.com/windows-defender-beta-2/25697/review/microsoft-windows-defender-security-center

david Jennette

I don't know how good this will be but I'm running malware bytes as well as windows defender. I've got the premium version and while it is supposed to replace an antivirus program it can also compliment one so that's the rout I've gone.

[...]

Ditto. I find the interface with JAWS a bit weird, but it's definitely accessible and doable, kind of like ResilioSync, the replacement for BTSync. Everything's there, you just have to know how to work with it.