Accessibil file shreder, permantly delete files hopefully something free

Nino Dagostino

Hi I said it all in the subject.

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

Mario

can you explain what you want to do?

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be
recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

I want to make sure that files are permantly deleted.

It is my understanding that when you delete a file only the first character
is deleted.

I would like something that would permantly delete a file?

Thank you

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be
recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

Mario

check out:

WipeFile - Erase files and folders secure and fast
https://www.gaijin.at/en/dlwipefile.php

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be
recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

.

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

I appreciate your help thank you again.

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

.

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,

I have used Ccleaner to wipe a disk in the past but not sure that individual or groups of files can be wiped or whether it will only handle free space on your drive.  It is a long time since I used the program to wipe so you will have to check it out.

A free program which can handle individual or a group of highlighted files is Eraser. I mainly use this one tohandle such tasks.

You will need to do a search to locate a download source.

HTH

Tom

Is there a utility that will clean a drive of files so they cant be recovered?

Thank you you folks are fantastic.

Oh I almost forgot the program should be accessibil with Jaws.

Thanks

Mario

cCleaner's wipe will wipe the entire spinning hard drive, where as wipe
free space will wipe the slack space. this maybe over simplified, but as
I understand (and if I'm not quite correct, anyone please explain why)
slack space is the space that a file does not occupy. for example, say a
file takes up 500 clusters, well, the default cluster size is 512, so
that leaves a slack (free) space of 12 clusters for that file on the HD.

I'm not sure if wipe or wipe free space can safely be used on an SSD
without wearing out the SSD since the technology is different from a
platter (spinning) hard drive.