Topics

configuring Outlook 2016 with an Outlook.com account

Mario

for anyone interested, the solution to the subject is there is a window
that pops up (that appears in Windows, not Outlook) that asks for your
account address and password that is not detected or accessible with
either JAWS, NVDA or Narrator.

after starting Outlook, the configuration wizard comes up to setup the
default profile to establish a connection and retrieve your email.
activate the yes buttons for the first two dialog and type in your name,
account address, password, and again to confirm the password is correct,
and finally activate the next button. once the mysterious window asking
for your address, password and activating the next/OK button is accessed
and completed, Outlook 2016 will connect with the account.

as far as I can tell this frustrating experience occurs if Outlook 2016
is operated in Windows 10. I'm not sure if this also occurs in Windows 7
(probably not).

so, if you have an Outlook.com account that you'd like to use with
Outlook 2016 (and possibly 2013) you will need sighted assistance. grrr.

Stan Bobbitt

Thank you Mario, I will give this a shot.
Stan B

[...]

Michal Nowicki

Mario,

This inaccessible window also pops up in the configuration of Exchange accounts, such as most work and school accounts. We should report the issue to both FreedomScientific and Microsoft.

Michal

[...]

Francisco Salvador Crespo

In the meantime, if anybody can't get sighted assistance, the Microsoft disability answer desk can be reached by phone at +18009365900

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 24 feb 2018, a las 15:40, mnowicki.transactional@... escribió:

[...]

Paul Sandoval

Can convenient OCR help in this instance?

Paul Sandoval
Blind Tech Training
720-620-8007
BlindTechTraining@...

On Feb 24, 2018, at 11:40 AM, "mnowicki.transactional@..." <mnowicki.transactional@...> wrote:

[...]

Probably not, because the issue is one of focus and navigation, not
labeling. Thus, even if Convenient OCR detects and accurately recognizes the
contents of the inaccessible dialogue box, that still won't solve the
problem of focusing JAWS on the controls. Has anyone experimented with the
touch cursor to see if that would do the trick. In several modern apps, I
was able to get JAWS to detect controls with the touch cursor that neither
the PC cursor nor the JAWS cursor recognized.

Michal