accessible software for creating and restoring system image

paul lemm

Hi,

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I’m sure I’ve seen this topic come up here before, so I’m sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Mario

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

netbat66

going by the directions you would not be able to restore the partitions without dos. who has dos these days and you would not have any speech to do this operation. this would be totally unacceptable

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Mario

so, what would you suggest as appropriate, Image For Windows or is there
some other solution you know of?

-----Original Message----- From: Mario
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

paul lemm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help, since I couldn't find anything that seemed completely accessible with jaws I have just used the windows built in function for creating a system image, as far as creating the image that part is completely accessible , the downside is that if I need to recover my PC using the system image I'll need some sighted assistance to help since that part wont' be supported by jaws or any other TTS software. So although not an ideal solution, at least I've got the system image stored for if I ever need it. Again thanks everyone for the reply's

Paul

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

Robert Cole

Hi,
Drive Snap Shot is pretty good.
When I was using it a few years ago, it was a portable file, meaning it could be used from a external drive or CD.
Have you heard of Win PE Disks?
There are Win PE Disks with NVDA included.
You would boot the PC with the Win PE disk.
You would have speech using NVDA.
Now run the drive snapp shot from your portable drive to restore the PC from a previous saved image.
Maybe you can ask someone on this list, or google more info on win pe disk.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

paul lemm

Hi Robert,

Nope, I haven't heard of win pee disk, but that sounds just like what I was
after. I'll go take a look on Google to get some more info on it, but huge
thanks for letting me know about it.

Paul

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accessible software for creating and restoring system
image

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling
everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a
system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just
restore the computer from the saved image. I'm sure I've seen this
topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to ask again, but can anyone
advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system
image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

Mario

Robert, when the talking WinPE is used to boot the PC, what does one
exactly have to do to restore an image from the flash drive after
inserting it into a USB port? is it a simple matter of entering on the
image file or is it more involved?
the program for Drive Snapshot is still a stand alone (portable) program.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

.

Robert Cole

After booting the talking Win PE disk, Just use NVDA to navigate to your drive containing the portable drive snapshot program.
now in the drive snapshot program choose restore and follow the prompts.
Its been over 2 years since I have done this.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

.

Mario

oh, sounds simple enough. thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

.

.

Steve Matzura

You mean Narrator, the wonderful and vaunted Narrator, doesn't support its own manufacturer's software? How surprising!

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall
windows,
its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to
my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event
of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved
image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to
ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and
restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

Steve Matzura

Some people say Windows Backup works, but I cannot verify it. I can, however, heartily recommend, with verification, the following:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

On 2/21/2018 5:53 PM, paul lemm wrote:

Hi,

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I’m sure I’ve seen this topic come up here before, so I’m sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Steve Sweeney

Hi,
I had the same problem. I tried just about every package out there and found nothing jaws will work with. When I asked tech support, they just said jaws didn't support any software to backup or image or clone hard drives???
I thought that was a basic function of all PC users but apparently jaws does not:-(
-Steve

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

paul lemm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the link, I’ll go check it out.

Paul

Some people say Windows Backup works, but I cannot verify it. I can, however, heartily recommend, with verification, the following:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

On 2/21/2018 5:53 PM, paul lemm wrote:

Hi,

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I’m sure I’ve seen this topic come up here before, so I’m sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Jonas Voll

I have use Ghost with Jaws to clone a small drive to an bigger SSD!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

.

If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'

Steve Matzura

I think you'll like it. The one thing you'll want to do is to enable accessible checkboxes in Settings. Makes it a little easier to navigate certain screens. Also, you should know that one screen shows checked items not as checkboxes but marked with an X that can only be detected by screenreader cursors, not the read-current-line function of a screenreader when said box is checked. It's the one annoyance that program has, but it's easily overcome once you use your screenreader's mouse cursor to read the line.

On 2/23/2018 4:48 AM, paul lemm wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the notes, I’d have not even known there was an accessibility option  if you hadn’t mentioned it, plus it’s good to know about needing to use jaws cursor too.

Paul

Some people say Windows Backup works, but I cannot verify it. I can, however, heartily recommend, with verification, the following:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

On 2/21/2018 5:53 PM, paul lemm wrote:

Hi,

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I’m sure I’ve seen this topic come up here before, so I’m sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Steve Matzura

Glad to help. I have been a user and proponent of this product and its company since Windows XP days, probably nine or ten years now. Every time they come out with a new revision, I write them and thank them for remembering to keep their product accessible by screenreader users. Seems to be working, as they haven't broken anything yet!