JAWS 2018 and Windows 10

Kelsey Nicolay

Hello,
I am using JAWS 2018 on Windows 7 currently but I am looking into
possible getting a Windows 10 machine. I found one with an i7
processor and 8 gigs of RAM. According to Hp, it says the RAM is
upgradeable to 16 gigs. However, I was wondering if I really need 16
gigs or if 8 is enough given the i7 processor. I look forward to
hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

Aleeha Dudley

Hi,
8 GB of Ram should be perfectly adequate for a Win10 machine with JAWS 2018.
HTH,
Aleeha

On Feb 19, 2018, at 11:58 AM, Kelsey Nicolay <piano.girl0299@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
I am using JAWS 2018 on Windows 7 currently but I am looking into
possible getting a Windows 10 machine. I found one with an i7
processor and 8 gigs of RAM. According to Hp, it says the RAM is
upgradeable to 16 gigs. However, I was wondering if I really need 16
gigs or if 8 is enough given the i7 processor. I look forward to
hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

Mario

I heard 8 is sufficient, but if you can afford it increasing to 12 or
even 16 would give some pep.

wrote:

Hello,
I am using JAWS 2018 on Windows 7 currently but I am looking into
possible getting a Windows 10 machine. I found one with an i7
processor and 8 gigs of RAM. According to Hp, it says the RAM is
upgradeable to 16 gigs. However, I was wondering if I really need 16
gigs or if 8 is enough given the i7 processor. I look forward to
hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Kelsey Nicolay

.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I think the main question is what you do with the computer. How many applications or web pages will you have open at the same time? 8 Gb should be plenty if you usually don't open more than 4 or 5 applications at the same time and a few web pages. You can always upgrade later if you find it is an issue. Also, I assume you will run Windows 10 64 Bit, if you plan to run 32 Bit anything over 3 Gb can't be used.