From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Lenovo Hotkeys and jaws.

Hi All!

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Maria Campbell

If I didn't have a sighted person to turn off the Lenovo function keys in the bios, the only way to turn them off, I would take the laptop to Best buy and have them do it.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 1:27 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi All!

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

mati87

Hotkey mode can only be disabled in Bios. The touchpad however should be disabled once you press F6 or FN+F6 with hotkey mode disabled. Which Lenovo did you Buy?

Von: Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Datum: 17.02.18 19:27 (GMT+01:00)
An: main@jfw.groups.io
Betreff: Lenovo Hotkeys and jaws.

Hi All!

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Val Paul

the office was closed, so had  to use the disability online chat.

On 17/02/2018 18:30, Richard Turner wrote:
Were you able to call them, or did you have to use the web chat or something?
Just curious.
I hope you can get this resolved. What a pain.

Thanks,
Richard

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Val Paul

Bought the levono ideapad 310

Von: Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Datum: 17.02.18 19:27 (GMT+01:00)
An: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi All!

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Maria Campbell

Val, just for the hell of it, try pressing your escape key plus the function key on your pc.  It might turn off the Lenovo keys and allow the JAWS keys to work.  Once you do this, to test it, press the insert plus the f12 key to see if it tells you the time.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 3:56 PM, Val Paul wrote:
the office was closed, so had  to use the disability online chat.

On 17/02/2018 18:30, Richard Turner wrote:
Were you able to call them, or did you have to use the web chat or something?
Just curious.
I hope you can get this resolved.  What a pain.

Thanks,
Richard

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Val Paul

if that's the case, have already tried this, but no go.

On 17/02/2018 21:02, Maria Campbell wrote:
[...]

That's too bad.  Unfortunately, I don't think the Microsoft disability line can/will help and the people at Lenovo don't even know what it means or why the necessity to turn off their function keys.  Really, you will have to get a sighted person to turn off the keys within the bios.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:07 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Sorry no go!

[...]

Hi Maria!

That's what i was trying to do today, but could i get it into  my neighbour's head

? No i could not! He just kept telling me to press the fn key every time i wanted to use a jaws key.

On 17/02/2018 21:10, Maria Campbell wrote:
[...]

Do you have any kind of vocational school or computer classes at a school near you that you could call and ask for a student to come and help you?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:15 PM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

Richard Turner

Hi Val,
If you find a sighted person who can follow onscreen instructions, try this web site I found from Lenovo support.

HTH,
Richard

On Feb 17, 2018, at 1:15 PM, Val Paul <vpcara79@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Val,

Try either of the numbers below:
1-877-453-6686

1-855-271-3878

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Maria Campbell

If those are numbers for Lenovo support to turn off function keys, I'm telling you they don't understand the need as to why this should be done and won't help to do it.  I know.  I went thru it.

Besides, how are they going to turn off the function keys thru the bios via remote control?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:35 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Val,

Try either of the numbers below:
1-877-453-6686

1-855-271-3878

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Maria,

It all depends on the tech support person you get.  You've had a totally opposite experience than I've had.

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Maria Campbell

Uh huh.  I see.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 6:13 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Maria,

It all depends on the tech support person you get.  You've had a totally opposite experience than I've had.

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't really
help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

Bill White

Hi, Maria. They don't have Best Buy in Scotland where Val is located.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

If I didn't have a sighted person to turn off the Lenovo function keys
in the bios, the only way to turn them off, I would take the laptop to
Best buy and have them do it.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 1:27 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi All!

Have just been on to microsoft disability desk, but they couldn't
really help, suggesting that i contact Levono.

I'm going to do a search to see if they've got a support desk.

James Malone

Assuming that this is a laptop, I went in and worked with someone from Office Max, and what they did was changed something in the Bios settings. They made this a permanent change.