Has anybody had experience with Teamviewer?

Nino Dagostino

                I am hoping to share my screen with my tutor or, would it be better to use Skype?

Thanks

David Pearson

Hello ND:

I wholeheartedly agree with previous response in that a  Teamviewer session will allow your tutor to see your pc screen, so will be better able to guide you through the process you’re trying to master.

Haven’t used it in a while, but when I did, was in cell phone contact with my partnerwhich allowed me to ask questions, and partner to follow my progress, so made session more productive.

Yours truly,

David S. Pearson-wa4dsp

Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 5:51 PM
Subject: Has anybody had experience with Teamviewer?

                I am hoping to share my screen with my tutor or, would it be better to use Skype?

Thanks

David & his pack of dogs <myguidedogis@...>

In my case it was an eye opening experience for the sighted person helping me.  She said, “David, I can see the page but your screen reader is not reading out everything on the page it is jumping over things.

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us, Champ, Kendra, Richie, Sheena and Carmine.

From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Center.

1-844-21PUPPY

Mario

in addition to the original question, has anyone used teamviewer with
the scripts to perform remote support to help someone (sighted or not)
with a problem... provided the person in need doesn't have JAWS?

In my case it was an eye opening experience for the sighted person
helping me.  She said, “David, I can see the page but your screen reader
is not reading out everything on the page it is jumping over things.

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us, Champ, Kendra,
Richie, Sheena and Carmine.

From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Center.

1-844-21PUPPY

Steve Matzura

Is that even possible?

On 2/13/2018 10:38 AM, Mario wrote:
in addition to the original question, has anyone used teamviewer with
the scripts to perform remote support to help someone (sighted or not)
with a problem... provided the person in need doesn't have JAWS?

In my case it was an eye opening experience for the sighted person
helping me.  She said, “David, I can see the page but your screen reader
is not reading out everything on the page it is jumping over things.

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us, Champ, Kendra,
Richie, Sheena and Carmine.

From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Center.

1-844-21PUPPY

Mario

well, JAWS scripts have been written from
http://dlee.org/teamviewer/

but want to know if anyone had tried it, and what they experienced, good
or bad.

in addition to the original question, has anyone used teamviewer with
the scripts to perform remote support to help someone (sighted or not)
with a problem... provided the person in need doesn't have JAWS?

In my case it was an eye opening experience for the sighted person
helping me.  She said, “David, I can see the page but your screen reader
is not reading out everything on the page it is jumping over things.

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us, Champ, Kendra,
Richie, Sheena and Carmine.

   From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Center.

1-844-21PUPPY

.

Steve Matzura

TeamViewer  9? It's up to 13 now. And all these scripts do is enhance the front-end interface a little. Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am, because Doug doesn't write scripts for nothin', I don't quite see the point to these.

On 2/13/2018 1:03 PM, Mario wrote:
well, JAWS scripts have been written from
http://dlee.org/teamviewer/

but want to know if anyone had tried it, and what they experienced, good
or bad.

in addition to the original question, has anyone used teamviewer with
the scripts to perform remote support to help someone (sighted or not)
with a problem... provided the person in need doesn't have JAWS?

In my case it was an eye opening experience for the sighted person
helping me.  She said, “David, I can see the page but your screen reader
is not reading out everything on the page it is jumping over things.

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, no longer with us, Champ, Kendra,
Richie, Sheena and Carmine.

   From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Center.

1-844-21PUPPY

.

audrey joy

Hi Steve and list,

I check this email address only on the weekends, so pardon my lateness.

I use Team Viewer all the time-I have my friends fill out forms for me, see why the computer's taking so long to boot up, install software, remove unwanted software, set up shortcuts, - all kinds of stuff I'm too lazy to do. It takes them 5 minutes to do chores that would take me an hour. They find it cool to hear their computers talking. In fact, we turn JAWS off so they can get things done faster.

I never knew there were JAWS scripts.

I love Team Viewer. In fact, I make sure that program is installed on all my computers, so if they act up, I can rely on TeamViewer to connect me to someone to get it back on track.

Good luck to everyone.

Audrey

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

So, can a person who is blind use Teamviewer to assist someone on a computer that is not running Jaws?
I know about Jaws Tandem when both people have Jaws; but what if a person who is blind is wanting to help a sighted person who doesn't know computers as well, can that person use teamviewer with jaws to access another computer?

I'd never heard of scripts for teamviewer so I am curious. The one site I found has scripts from 2015 at dlee.org, but are there other scripts?

Richard

"The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world quieter."

I check this email address only on the weekends, so pardon my lateness.

I use Team Viewer all the time-I have my friends fill out forms for me, see why the computer's taking so long to boot up, install software, remove unwanted software, set up shortcuts, - all kinds of stuff I'm too lazy to do. It takes them 5 minutes to do chores that would take me an hour. They find it cool to hear their computers talking. In fact, we turn JAWS off so they can get things done faster.

I never knew there were JAWS scripts.

I love Team Viewer. In fact, I make sure that program is installed on all my computers, so if they act up, I can rely on TeamViewer to connect me to someone to get it back on track.

Good luck to everyone.

Audrey

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt it.

I check this email address only on the weekends, so pardon my lateness.

I use Team Viewer all the time-I have my friends fill out forms for me, see why the computer's taking so long to boot up, install software, remove unwanted software, set up shortcuts, - all kinds of stuff I'm too lazy to do. It takes them 5 minutes to do chores that would take me an hour. They find it cool to hear their computers talking. In fact, we turn JAWS off so they can get things done faster.

I never knew there were JAWS scripts.

I love Team Viewer. In fact, I make sure that program is installed on all my computers, so if they act up, I can rely on TeamViewer to connect me to someone to get it back on track.

Good luck to everyone.

Audrey

Nermin

Hi,

I've used team Viewer on a few occasions, and it is doable with JAWS if you don't forget to pass some keys through, since they will be interpreted by your own JAWS rather than the remoted party. Both systems will have to have some kind of speech, so either have them install NVDA or a JAWS demo. Not sure if recent versions of Team Viewer offer more flexibility, but I mostly use NVDA Remote with people. No hastle when the connection drops on either end, it just reconnects, and no weird issues when your JAWS or their JAWS act up and restart mid session.

Regards,
Nermin

Michael Capelle <michael.capelle@...>

not very well ata ll.

Steve Matzura

The best thing to use with the screenreader user being the support person and the non-screenreader user receiving said support is NVDA's Remote Assistance add-on. The non-screenreader user can start NVDA and get into the Remote Support add-on with proper instruction, then the support provider can terminate the remote copy of NVDA when the session is over.