From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 9:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws 2018 and windows 7

Hi!

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Val Paul

Thanks George for proving me right, i'll never live this down!

Val.

On 07/02/2018 14:34, George Marshall wrote:
Hi:

I'm using jaws 2018 and Windows 7, I have no problems with it, other than losing focus on and off.

George R. Marshall
geoma4.marshall@gmail.com

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...>

Hi Val,

I'm using it for a month now and it works as I expect it to.

The exact configuration is Dell Latitude E5570 running Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition Service Pack 1. The Jaws->About dialog box says "Version 2018 (Build 1712.10 ILM).

Before upgrading to Jaws 2018, I was using Jaws 17. I upgraded to 2018 because it better handles the Google Chrome browser, especially useful for me to access my employer's intranet services.

HTH, Have a nice day. Chris D

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Val Paul

Lucky you! Wish i could go back to windows 7, but all the new computers have windows 10 already installed.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 15:20, Delaunay Christophe wrote:
Hi Val,

I'm using it for a month now and it works as I expect it to.

The exact configuration is Dell Latitude E5570 running Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition Service Pack 1. The Jaws->About dialog box says "Version 2018 (Build 1712.10 ILM).

Before upgrading to Jaws 2018, I was using Jaws 17. I upgraded to 2018 because it better handles the Google Chrome browser, especially useful for me to access my employer's intranet services.

HTH, Have a nice day. Chris D

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Windows 10 is a much better operating system, I hate to say it, but you better get used to it. I remember when Windows 7 first came out a lot of blind people wanted the Windows XP look and feeel back. The familiar for some will always seem preferable over the new.

Regards,
Sieghard

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Val Paul

Yes, i'm afraid we will have to get used to it!

That wasn't why i sent the message, it was to settle a slight disagreement my friend and i had about windows 7 and jaws 2018.

I think also, its the unknown till we get used to it.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 17:15, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Windows 10 is a much better operating system, I hate to say it, but you better get used to it. I remember when Windows 7 first came out a lot of blind people wanted the Windows XP look and feeel back. The familiar for some will always seem preferable over the new.

Regards,
Sieghard

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

dennis

you won't have to get use to it for another 4 years if you don't wan't to. win 7 will be around until 2022.

On 2/7/2018 11:32 AM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

I was told, that after 2020 that Microsoft wouldn't be supporting it any more.

Interesting to know.

Thanks.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 17:55, dennis wrote:

[...]

And since you bought a new computer with Windows 10 it is my opinion that it is better to get used to it now rather than to wait another 4 years.

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Val Paul

I know, but i'll be able to tell my friend. that will make us even.

On 07/02/2018 18:00, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

And since you bought a new computer with Windows 10 it is my opinion that it is better to get used to it now rather than to wait another 4 years.

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

Mario

as I understand, Windows 7 will be supported until January 14th of 2020.
where did you hear windows 7 will be around until 2022?

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i
have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

.

Val Paul

That's what i was told.

On 07/02/2018 18:06, Mario wrote:
as I understand, Windows 7 will be supported until January 14th of 2020.
where did you hear windows 7 will be around until 2022?

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i
have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

.

dennis

you are correct... i ment to say 2020. itchy trigger finger.

On 2/7/2018 12:06 PM, Mario wrote:
as I understand, Windows 7 will be supported until January 14th of 2020.
where did you hear windows 7 will be around until 2022?

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i
have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

I am using the latest release of Jaws 2018 on this windows 7 Home edition 64bit PC to write this message.
It works just fine. some people say Jaws version 16 is faster but I haven't noticed any thing slow about this PC. Just the usual Jaws quirks we are all used to.

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Just wanted to add that I have less jaws freezes and overall issues with win 7 than I do with win 10. I use 7 at my work and 10 at home so I use them every day...

On 2/7/2018 6:08 AM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi!

Could someone please help by settling a slight disagreement my friend and i have just had!

Does the latest version of jaws work with windows 7?

I said that i thought it did, but she disagrees!

What is the case?

Val.

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

If your PC has a 6th gen or earleir CPU you can install win 7 on it.

On 2/7/2018 7:48 AM, Val Paul wrote:
[...]

Think my computer is too new to have that, as i've only had it 2 weeks, and i'll never purchase an hp again!

Val.