From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Calculatorproblem Jaws 18

Hi All  I’m using jaws 18 on destop with window10!! When I went on desktop to press letter c til I hear it’s say calculator press enter,then it’s say calculator standard mode  display  I turn the numb lock on  when I press 5 jaws not saying nothing at all when I press the any number . What do I need to do get jaws to say when I press any number to add or subtract ?

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Bill so therefore I need to call fs technical support about this issue right??

This is a known issue with JAWS 18, and JAWS 2018 latest versions. Microsoft has changed the interface. JAWS says they will fix it in the February 2018 update to JAWS 2018.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi All  I’m using jaws 18 on destop with window10!! When I went on desktop to press letter c til I hear it’s say calculator press enter,then it’s say calculator standard mode  display  I turn the numb lock on  when I press 5 jaws not saying nothing at all when I press the any number . What do I need to do get jaws to say when I press any number to add or subtract ?

Addison

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Calling Technical support for JAWS won’t matter much, as they are already aware of this issue, and it should be fixed in JAWS 2018 in fifteen days or so. If you want to ask them about a JAWS 18 update which fixes your issue, you might call them with that issue.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill so therefore I need to call fs technical support about this issue right??

This is a known issue with JAWS 18, and JAWS 2018 latest versions. Microsoft has changed the interface. JAWS says they will fix it in the February 2018 update to JAWS 2018.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hi All  I’m using jaws 18 on destop with window10!! When I went on desktop to press letter c til I hear it’s say calculator press enter,then it’s say calculator standard mode  display  I turn the numb lock on  when I press 5 jaws not saying nothing at all when I press the any number . What do I need to do get jaws to say when I press any number to add or subtract ?

Addison

Don H

In the mean time just use NVDA with the calculator as it works well.

billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>
Hi All  I’m using jaws 18 on destop with window10!! When I went on desktop to press letter c til I hear it’s say calculator press enter,then it’s say calculator standard mode  display  I turn the numb lock on  when I press 5 jaws not saying nothing at all when I press the any number . What do I need to do get jaws to say when I press any number to add or subtract ?
Addison
Image removed by sender. <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

O.Addison Gethers

Oh Bill  so I guess you had the same problem with jaws not saying in calculator too. So you already had call fs technical support and they did jaws tandem didn’t solved the problem right?? Is this Microsoft problem with calculator not working with jaws?