Date   

moderated Re: bryan smarttalking win pe

John Covici
 

You don't need it anymore, if you are using Windows 10 recent
versions.

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 05:23:54 -0400,
Marvin Hunkin wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
Hi. Need the bryan smart talking windows pe, and when I try to go to his
site, it is no longer there. So does any one have that still. Last or latest
version, and send me a link, so I can download.

The blind help project talking win pe does not work with vmware player and
says eufi not supported.

And do have ueif and secure boot on my assuss vivo book laptop.

Able to help.

Thanks.






[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com


moderated Re: Using Audible app

Adrian Spratt
 

The problem I encountered with these scripts is that I can’t get them to pair with the Audible app at the Microsoft Store, which is the one I believe they’re written for. They don’t seem to cover the Audible Sync app, downloadable from Audible.com.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 1:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Audible app

 

Try the scripts from Doug Lee, should be somewhere on his website, www.dlee.org.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 8:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Using Audible app

 

Hello, Has anyone used Audible app which is part of Amazon? I’m using windows10 and Jaws2020. Both are the most recent versions. I’m having problems trying to open a book. Any suggestions to make this app work better?

 

Thanks,

 

Kevin

 


moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Dave Durber
 


Deborah:
 
Unless anyone on this list can tell us anything different, I cannot find a JAWS Tandom short cut keystroke, which will take you directly to the other dialogue in Tandom, for accessing another computer.

 
Dave Durber
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2020 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend


What would be the keyboard command using tandem to get access to a computer?


On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:


The Tandem shortcut keystroke is, Insert, Alt + T, no control key.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Addison:
 
Just in case JAWS 2020 is not loading correctly, ask your friend, to unload JAWS, then, reload JAWS.
 
Remember, your friend may not be able to perform the INSERT+CTRL+ALT+T, JAWS command to go straight to the tandom window, where they need to enter the meeting ID code. In that case, following the steps in my previous email, might be a better way for your friend, to get to that window.
 
HTH
 
Dave Durber
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2020 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hi there 

That’s exactly  what I ha her to do this morning  and able to do tandem with her before I do tandemthere were a bells sound pop on windows

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 5:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Addison:

It looks like the person who installed JAWS on her computer, set JAWS to be minimized to the Task Tray. When this is done, when someone presses ALT+TAB, to cycle through the open windows,  the JAWS window is not displayed.

Suggest to her that she do the following:

1. Press WINDOWS KEY+M, to go to the desktop.

2. If JAWS 2020 is the only version of JAWS installed on the machine, press the letter J, to highlight JAWS. If there is more than 1 version installed, keep pressing the letter J, until, JAWS 2020 is spoken.

3. press ENTER. The JAWS Context Window opens, and the first option in that window, is "options".

4. Tap the DOWN ARROW once, to highlight "Utilities".

5. tap the RIGHT ARROW 3 times, JAWS will say, "Allow access to my computer"...

6. Press ENTER. The meeting ID window is opened. After speaking some text, JAWS will say, "Meeting ID, edit". She needs to enter the meeting ID you give her, followed by pressing the ENTER key, to start the Tandom session.

HTH

Dave durber

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, 6 August, 2020 11:58 PM

Subject: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison


moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Mike B.
 


There's not a shortcut command for getting the access code for accessing someone elses  computer.  Press, Insert + J, then press the letter, U, to open Utilities, then press enter on, submenu Jaws Tandem, press enter on submenu Tandem center, press enter on Get access to a computer ..., and now press enter on, Get access button, to get the access code.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend


What would be the keyboard command using tandem to get access to a computer?


On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:


The Tandem shortcut keystroke is, Insert, Alt + T, no control key.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Addison:
 
Just in case JAWS 2020 is not loading correctly, ask your friend, to unload JAWS, then, reload JAWS.
 
Remember, your friend may not be able to perform the INSERT+CTRL+ALT+T, JAWS command to go straight to the tandom window, where they need to enter the meeting ID code. In that case, following the steps in my previous email, might be a better way for your friend, to get to that window.
 
HTH
 
Dave Durber
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2020 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hi there 

That’s exactly  what I ha her to do this morning  and able to do tandem with her before I do tandemthere were a bells sound pop on windows

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 5:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Addison:

It looks like the person who installed JAWS on her computer, set JAWS to be minimized to the Task Tray. When this is done, when someone presses ALT+TAB, to cycle through the open windows,  the JAWS window is not displayed.

Suggest to her that she do the following:

1. Press WINDOWS KEY+M, to go to the desktop.

2. If JAWS 2020 is the only version of JAWS installed on the machine, press the letter J, to highlight JAWS. If there is more than 1 version installed, keep pressing the letter J, until, JAWS 2020 is spoken.

3. press ENTER. The JAWS Context Window opens, and the first option in that window, is "options".

4. Tap the DOWN ARROW once, to highlight "Utilities".

5. tap the RIGHT ARROW 3 times, JAWS will say, "Allow access to my computer"...

6. Press ENTER. The meeting ID window is opened. After speaking some text, JAWS will say, "Meeting ID, edit". She needs to enter the meeting ID you give her, followed by pressing the ENTER key, to start the Tandom session.

HTH

Dave durber

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, 6 August, 2020 11:58 PM

Subject: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison


moderated Re: what please is the subscribe email address for the iPhone mailing list?

Hank William Merchant
 

 
Hello back Mike,
 
Thanks very much for replying to my email so soon with this very helpful info below on how to get in touch with the 2 following mailing lists for helping you with your iPhone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kindest regards,
 
Hank
 
 

From: Mike B
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 10:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: what please is the subscribe email address for the iPhone mailing list?
 
Here are 2 groups:
VIPhone group:
To Post to the group:
viphone@...
 
To subscribe:
 viphone+subscribe@...
 
To unsubscribe:
viphone+unsubscribe@...
 
The iDevices group:
 
To post to the group:
idevices@groups.io
 
To subscribe:
 idevices+subscribe@groups.io
 
To unsubscribe:
idevices+unsubscribe@groups.io
 
 

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
From: Hank William Merchant
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 6:00 AM
Subject: Re: what please is the subscribe email address for the iPhone mailing list?
 
 
Hello baqck,
 
ok. Great! I had no idea, I have only known of this so very helpful jaws list. Gladly I would love to preferably use such a list for my iPhone questions. Can someone maybe let me know what the email address is to subscribe to this iPhone questions mailing list for the visually impaired? Much, much thanks in advance for any help I can maybe get with this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kindest regards,
 
iPhone6 user Hank
 
 
From: James Homuth
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 8:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help
 

Gang,

 

There’s a list specifically for iPhone issues. Perhaps that would be a better place for this than a list specifically for JAWS issues?

 

James,

List Admin

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Rinehart
Sent: August 7, 2020 7:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

 

HI Hank.  Or try three fingers tap 4 times if you are using VoiceOver.  Guessing you have the curtain turned on.

 

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@...

eastersealscrossroads.org

 

ZoomText Certified, 2019      JAWS Certified, 2019


        

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 7:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

 

 

Good morning,

 

I am really sorry that this is way off topic. I am really hoping someone can tell me how to fix this. I have a iPhone6 and right now even when my iPhone is for sure on, the screen is completely blac, even after I press the home button to see if maybe doing this will bring back my normal working screen so you can once again properly see all the butttons on my iPhone6 to do different things, this does not fix my completely blac screen problem. I cannot even turn it off, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on to see if this maybe fixes my completely black screen problem, because you cannot see the power button to swipe it to turn it off then back on again.

 

My wife who can see told me that you cannot see the power button to swipe it because the whole screen is completely black.

 

Does anyone maybe have any ideas on how I can fix this completely black screen problem I am currently having on my iPhone6? note, I kno that for sure my iPhone6 is for sure turned on because I can still use sery by pressing the home button to make calls and then properly hang up, but the whole screen is completely black on my iPhone6. I am really hoping someone can help me with this. Much, much, much thanks in advance for any possible help with my completely black screen problem on my iPhone6.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kindest regards,

 

totally blind fellow Hank

 

 

From: Randy Barnett

Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:08 PM

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

 

Press insert plus J that'll bring the Jaws menu up.

Randy Barnett


On Aug 6, 2020, at 3:59 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:



Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison

 


--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart


moderated Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem is now fixed thanks

Hank William Merchant
 

 
Hello,
 
I guess by mistake the screen curtain had been turned on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All the best,
 
Hank
 
 

From: David Diamond
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 2:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help
 

So what was the problem?  Curtain on or, did I just miss the resolution of the problem because of jumping in too late. 


moderated bryan smarttalking win pe

Marvin Hunkin
 

Hi. Need the bryan smart talking windows pe, and when I try to go to his site, it is no longer there. So does any one have that still. Last or latest version, and send me a link, so I can download.

The blind help project talking win pe does not work with vmware player and says eufi not supported.

And do have ueif and secure boot on my assuss vivo book laptop.

Able to help.

Thanks.

 


moderated Re: Playing music when in Zoom meeting

Bonito, Mark
 

Not good... Zoom interprets music as noise, thus purposely attenuates it. There is a setting to turn off noise suppression and accept original sound. 


moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Deborah Worstman
 


What would be the keyboard command using tandem to get access to a computer?


On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:


The Tandem shortcut keystroke is, Insert, Alt + T, no control key.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Addison:
 
Just in case JAWS 2020 is not loading correctly, ask your friend, to unload JAWS, then, reload JAWS.
 
Remember, your friend may not be able to perform the INSERT+CTRL+ALT+T, JAWS command to go straight to the tandom window, where they need to enter the meeting ID code. In that case, following the steps in my previous email, might be a better way for your friend, to get to that window.
 
HTH
 
Dave Durber
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2020 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Hi there 

That’s exactly  what I ha her to do this morning  and able to do tandem with her before I do tandemthere were a bells sound pop on windows

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 5:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

 

Addison:

 

It looks like the person who installed JAWS on her computer, set JAWS to be minimized to the Task Tray. When this is done, when someone presses ALT+TAB, to cycle through the open windows,  the JAWS window is not displayed.

 

Suggest to her that she do the following:

 

1. Press WINDOWS KEY+M, to go to the desktop.

 

2. If JAWS 2020 is the only version of JAWS installed on the machine, press the letter J, to highlight JAWS. If there is more than 1 version installed, keep pressing the letter J, until, JAWS 2020 is spoken.

 

3. press ENTER. The JAWS Context Window opens, and the first option in that window, is "options".

 

4. Tap the DOWN ARROW once, to highlight "Utilities".

 

5. tap the RIGHT ARROW 3 times, JAWS will say, "Allow access to my computer"...

 

6. Press ENTER. The meeting ID window is opened. After speaking some text, JAWS will say, "Meeting ID, edit". She needs to enter the meeting ID you give her, followed by pressing the ENTER key, to start the Tandom session.

 

HTH

 

Dave durber

 

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, 6 August, 2020 11:58 PM

Subject: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

 

Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison

 


moderated Re: Using Audible app

 

Try the scripts from Doug Lee, should be somewhere on his website, www.dlee.org.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 8:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Using Audible app

 

Hello, Has anyone used Audible app which is part of Amazon? I’m using windows10 and Jaws2020. Both are the most recent versions. I’m having problems trying to open a book. Any suggestions to make this app work better?

 

Thanks,

 

Kevin

 


moderated Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

Marty Hutchings
 

It is not a JAWS issue, but sometimes we should be allowed to ask for direction to another list for an issue that many people on this list may be knowledgeable about. This issue has been solved.



Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaughan Dodd
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 5:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

Hi all.

I am not the moderator, and as such I can only express an opinion.

How is this topic relevant to Jaws?

Vaughan.



-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of G. Gray
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 11:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

Try turning the phone off and taking out the battery for 15 minutes and then replacing it and see if that helps to re-set the phone.

I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George
*Dr. Carl Bates said years ago something mind-blowing: �If the Holy Spirit were to suddenly die [now, of course, you know that's impossible. He cannot die, but�] �if the Holy Spirit were to suddenly die, most of our churches would meet next Sunday, go right on, and never know the difference.�

Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.



On 8/7/2020 6:41 AM, Ann Berny wrote:
Screen curtain? Try a three-finger tripple tap.
At 06:03 AM 8/7/2020, you wrote:

Good morning,

I am really sorry that this is way off topic. I am really hoping
someone can tell me how to fix this. I have a iPhone6 and right now
even when my iPhone is for sure on, the screen is completely blac,
even after I press the home button to see if maybe doing this will
bring back my normal working screen so you can once again properly
see all the butttons on my iPhone6 to do different things, this does
not fix my completely blac screen problem. I cannot even turn it off,
wait a few minutes and then turn it back on to see if this maybe
fixes my completely black screen problem, because you cannot see the
power button to swipe it to turn it off then back on again.

My wife who can see told me that you cannot see the power button to
swipe it because the whole screen is completely black.

Does anyone maybe have any ideas on how I can fix this completely
black screen problem I am currently having on my iPhone6? note, I kno
that for sure my iPhone6 is for sure turned on because I can still
use sery by pressing the home button to make calls and then properly
hang up, but the whole screen is completely black on my iPhone6. I am
really hoping someone can help me with this. Much, much, much thanks
in advance for any possible help with my completely black screen
problem on my iPhone6.






Kindest regards,

totally blind fellow Hank


From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Press insert plus J that'll bring the Jaws menu up.

Randy Barnett

On Aug 6, 2020, at 3:59 PM, O.Addison Gethers
<o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello All
My friend name Cynthia have laptop window10 computer and jaws2020
,when I call her this afternoon she wanted me to do jaws tandem on
her laptop but there is a problem when I ask her to press insert key
+ j for Jaws I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press
alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at
all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020 on her
laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I
can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her
laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate
on window screen to say jaws ?? Does anyone have any idea on other
way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?
Addison




--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


moderated Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

 

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 01:21 PM, David Diamond wrote:
Curtain on or, did I just miss the resolution of the problem because of jumping in too late.
-
It was the screen curtain on.  This is also what happens when topics get split, like this one did, and someone creates an entirely separate topic to say, "Fixed!!"  I try to minimize this on groups I moderate by coming down regularly on topic-splitters.   If you found a solution to a problem, that should just be the last post on the original post.  If you want to make it easy to find by later searchers, then put the word "solved" in the message itself.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

Vaughan Dodd
 

Hi all.

I am not the moderator, and as such I can only express an opinion.

How is this topic relevant to Jaws?

Vaughan.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of G. Gray
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 11:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: completely black screen on my iPhone6 problem please need some help

Try turning the phone off and taking out the battery for 15 minutes and then replacing it and see if that helps to re-set the phone.

I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George
*Dr. Carl Bates said years ago something mind-blowing: �If the Holy Spirit were to suddenly die [now, of course, you know that's impossible. He cannot die, but�] �if the Holy Spirit were to suddenly die, most of our churches would meet next Sunday, go right on, and never know the difference.�

Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.



On 8/7/2020 6:41 AM, Ann Berny wrote:
Screen curtain? Try a three-finger tripple tap.
At 06:03 AM 8/7/2020, you wrote:

Good morning,

I am really sorry that this is way off topic. I am really hoping
someone can tell me how to fix this. I have a iPhone6 and right now
even when my iPhone is for sure on, the screen is completely blac,
even after I press the home button to see if maybe doing this will
bring back my normal working screen so you can once again properly
see all the butttons on my iPhone6 to do different things, this does
not fix my completely blac screen problem. I cannot even turn it off,
wait a few minutes and then turn it back on to see if this maybe
fixes my completely black screen problem, because you cannot see the
power button to swipe it to turn it off then back on again.

My wife who can see told me that you cannot see the power button to
swipe it because the whole screen is completely black.

Does anyone maybe have any ideas on how I can fix this completely
black screen problem I am currently having on my iPhone6? note, I kno
that for sure my iPhone6 is for sure turned on because I can still
use sery by pressing the home button to make calls and then properly
hang up, but the whole screen is completely black on my iPhone6. I am
really hoping someone can help me with this. Much, much, much thanks
in advance for any possible help with my completely black screen
problem on my iPhone6.






Kindest regards,

totally blind fellow Hank


From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2020 11:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Press insert plus J that'll bring the Jaws menu up.

Randy Barnett

On Aug 6, 2020, at 3:59 PM, O.Addison Gethers
<o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:


Hello All
My friend name Cynthia have laptop window10 computer and jaws2020
,when I call her this afternoon she wanted me to do jaws tandem on
her laptop but there is a problem when I ask her to press insert key
+ j for Jaws I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press
alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at
all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020 on her
laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I
can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her
laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate
on window screen to say jaws ?? Does anyone have any idea on other
way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?
Addison




--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


moderated Re: Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Maria Campbell
 

I like it, but there's a lot to learn and remember.  I mainly got it to type comments, because dictation is a pain and Braille input on the iPhone is even worse.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 5:01 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Do you have one yet? How do you like it?

On 8/7/2020 4:58 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
It's pretty nifty.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:57 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hey thanks Maria. I'm very excited to get it and work with it. I've always wanted something like this. I was at a California Councel of the Blind convention in 2005 and I saw a prototype of a 6 dot Braille keyboard, but I guess it never made it to market. It did connect to bluetooth.

On 8/7/2020 4:54 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/orbit-writer-support/

and download the user guide.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.







moderated Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

Mike B.
 


Not necessarily, I can access the Jaws context menu using the, Insert + J, keystroke whether Jaws is set to run from the system tray or not.  The only difference is that when I don't have it run from the system tray, after invoking the, Insert + J, keystroke I need to tap the, Alt key, to access the menues and this is from anywhere on the computer and not alt + tabbing to the Jaws window.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
From: Marie
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2020 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 laptop window10 for a friend

To have insert plus J, Jaws must be running in the system tray. This is accomplished by going into Options/Basics and arrowing down to the option to run Jaws from the system tray.

Marie


On 8/6/2020 7:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Press insert plus J that'll bring the Jaws menu up.

Randy Barnett

On Aug 6, 2020, at 3:59 PM, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@...> wrote:



Hello All

My friend name Cynthia  have laptop window10  computer and jaws2020 ,when I call her this afternoon  she wanted me to do jaws tandem on her laptop  but there is a problem  when I ask her to press insert key + j for Jaws  I don’t hear it’s jaws at all so I ask her to press alt + tab til she hear it’s say jaws on the window so nothing at all too. So she doesn’t remember who installed jaws2020  on her laptop and programs her computer too. So I told her there is no way I can do jaws tandem if she doesn’t have jaws window screen on her laptop !! What does she need to do to get jaws windows to be activate on window screen to say jaws ??  Does anyone have any idea on other way I can do jaws tandem on her laptop ?

Addison


moderated Re: Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
 

Do you have one yet? How do you like it?

On 8/7/2020 4:58 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
It's pretty nifty.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:57 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hey thanks Maria. I'm very excited to get it and work with it. I've always wanted something like this. I was at a California Councel of the Blind convention in 2005 and I saw a prototype of a 6 dot Braille keyboard, but I guess it never made it to market. It did connect to bluetooth.

On 8/7/2020 4:54 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/orbit-writer-support/

and download the user guide.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.






moderated Re: Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Maria Campbell
 

It's pretty nifty.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:57 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hey thanks Maria. I'm very excited to get it and work with it. I've always wanted something like this. I was at a California Councel of the Blind convention in 2005 and I saw a prototype of a 6 dot Braille keyboard, but I guess it never made it to market. It did connect to bluetooth.

On 8/7/2020 4:54 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/orbit-writer-support/

and download the user guide.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.





moderated Re: Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
 

Hey thanks Maria. I'm very excited to get it and work with it. I've always wanted something like this. I was at a California Councel of the Blind convention in 2005 and I saw a prototype of a 6 dot Braille keyboard, but I guess it never made it to market. It did connect to bluetooth.

On 8/7/2020 4:54 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/orbit-writer-support/

and download the user guide.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.




moderated Re: Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Maria Campbell
 

http://www.orbitresearch.com/support/orbit-writer-support/

and download the user guide.


Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 8/7/2020 4:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.



moderated Braille keyboard command for using JAWS and WIN 10

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
 

Hi. Whewre can I find Braille keyboard commands for WIN 10 and JAWS commands? I just bought my birthday present. I got the new Orbit Reader Writer from AT Guys. Thanks.

11041 - 11060 of 92021