Date   

Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Terrilynne
 

Hi Ann,
Thanks, I will check those out.

TerriLynne


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Terrilynne
 

I did download a podcast from the Freedom Scientific site, but neither Winamp nor Windows Media Player will play it. It says something about it not being verified. Any suggestions?

TerriLynne


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>
 

Actually if you go into the training link, there are some podcasts using
Facebook and twitter.
You have to drill down a bit but they are there.


Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Farfar Carlson
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:01 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Terrilynn,

Someone told you wrong. there's nothing on the FS site that talks about
Twitter or Social Networking in general.

Sorry.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit


----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrilynne" <shateamo@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 20:24
Subject: JAWS tutorials on social media apps


Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site for
social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really seeing
are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: When is a table not a table?

Ann Byrne
 

Can you right click on the cell and get to the info that way?

At 04:34 PM 11/18/2012, you wrote:
I have encountered a so-called "table" that I cannot access with JAWS... or perhaps I'm missing something. The table occurs in the "Move Money" section of the E*TRADE brokerage web site (www.etrade.com). If a sighted person using the standard mouse clicks on any of the selections in this table,e.g. the "transfer from" table entry the web site immediately expands the table to show a choice of whatever sources of funds the user has established. When using JAWS, regardless of which cursor, this does not happen. JAWS recognizes the construct as a table, and will read the title of each cell of the table when in table-layer mode but does not appear able to access the other information mentioined above. Can anyone shed any light of this, or suggest where I should look next? Thanks. I am runnning JAWS 13 under WinXP Pro, everything 32-bit. I could really use some help with this as it is holding my retirement funding prisoner. TIA.

W K "Bill" Gorman

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20121118/901b13ea/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Ann Byrne
 

Hadley.edu has two seminars on linked-in. Also check blindCoolTech. They have some podcasts about FaceBook, and may well have more than that.

At 12:01 AM 11/19/2012, you wrote:
Terrilynn,

Someone told you wrong. there's nothing on the FS site that talks about
Twitter or Social Networking in general.

Sorry.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit


----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrilynne" <shateamo@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 20:24
Subject: JAWS tutorials on social media apps


Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site for
social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really seeing
are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Dave...
 

Terrilynn,

Someone told you wrong. there's nothing on the FS site that talks about
Twitter or Social Networking in general.

Sorry.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrilynne" <shateamo@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 20:24
Subject: JAWS tutorials on social media apps


Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site for
social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really seeing
are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Stephanie Switzer
 

I mean... nothing came up. Sorry.

On 11/18/12, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@gmail.com> wrote:
Also I searched Social media apps, and twitter apps on freedom
scientific's website came up, so unless I'm doing it wrong I'm
guessing they don't exist. :)

On 11/18/12, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure. If all else fails, maybe try google. :)

On 11/18/12, Terrilynne <shateamo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site
for

social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really
seeing

are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to
use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific
site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Stephanie Switzer
 

Also I searched Social media apps, and twitter apps on freedom
scientific's website came up, so unless I'm doing it wrong I'm
guessing they don't exist. :)

On 11/18/12, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure. If all else fails, maybe try google. :)

On 11/18/12, Terrilynne <shateamo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site
for

social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really
seeing

are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to
use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific
site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Stephanie Switzer
 

I'm not sure. If all else fails, maybe try google. :)

On 11/18/12, Terrilynne <shateamo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site for

social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really seeing

are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to use
various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find
them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


JAWS tutorials on social media apps

Terrilynne
 

Hi all,
I was just told that there are tutorials at the freedom scientific site for social apps such as twitter. I have been looking, but all I am really seeing are podcasts from CSUN and the like. Are there any documents on how to use various social media apps with JAWS? If so, can you tell me how to find them? Or, alternatively, any trainings not on the Freedom Scientific site?

Thanks so much for any help,

TerriLynne


Windows 8 help

thomas williams
 

How do you get to the download center in windows 8 using JFW14?


When is a table not a table?

W K Gorman <wkg@...>
 

I have encountered a so-called "table" that I cannot access with JAWS... or perhaps I'm missing something. The table occurs in the "Move Money" section of the E*TRADE brokerage web site (www.etrade.com). If a sighted person using the standard mouse clicks on any of the selections in this table,e.g. the "transfer from" table entry the web site immediately expands the table to show a choice of whatever sources of funds the user has established. When using JAWS, regardless of which cursor, this does not happen. JAWS recognizes the construct as a table, and will read the title of each cell of the table when in table-layer mode but does not appear able to access the other information mentioined above. Can anyone shed any light of this, or suggest where I should look next? Thanks. I am runnning JAWS 13 under WinXP Pro, everything 32-bit. I could really use some help with this as it is holding my retirement funding prisoner. TIA.

W K "Bill" Gorman

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20121118/901b13ea/attachment.html>


JAWS 13 announcing the notification when your battery is low in Windows 7?

Dacia Cole
 

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop which has Windows 7 and am using JAWS 13. My old
computer which had windows XP and JAWS 10 and 11 gave me a verbal
warning when the notification that my battery was getting low was
indicated. However, this computer and JAWS do not. Is there a way to
make JAWS do this?

Thanks,

Dacia


Re: jaws reading output on command prompt style programs

Ann Byrne
 

Be sure screen echo is set to all.

At 01:59 PM 11/18/2012, you wrote:
Hi I brought this topic up lastweek, and thought I had a solution, but
the problem perssists.
Whenever I have a command prompt program. CMD, or git bash, or ruby
command prompt, Jaws never reads the correct output for what the
terminal is outputting.
it will read some from a window i have open, or my desktop, but not
what the output is.
any more ideas? I tried making the window full sized, and messing with
the buffer size and some other settings with no luck.
running latest version of jaws 13 and windows 7 64 bit
-Gabe

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


jaws reading output on command prompt style programs

Gabe Castellanos
 

Hi I brought this topic up lastweek, and thought I had a solution, but
the problem perssists.
Whenever I have a command prompt program. CMD, or git bash, or ruby
command prompt, Jaws never reads the correct output for what the
terminal is outputting.
it will read some from a window i have open, or my desktop, but not
what the output is.
any more ideas? I tried making the window full sized, and messing with
the buffer size and some other settings with no luck.
running latest version of jaws 13 and windows 7 64 bit
-Gabe


Searching for an accessible Torrent client

Sameer
 

Dear Friends,

I am searching for an accessible Torrent client. It should be accessible with JAWS 13.

If anybody knows of such an accessible client, kindly share the details & also where I can download the same.

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20121119/adc84372/attachment.html>


Yahoo test please ignore

Marion Woods <marion_woods38@...>
 

*** This EMail is from Marion Woods ****

email: marion_woods38@yahoo.co.uk

Now on Facebook name: Marion Woods
Call me on Skype: Skype name androguy1.

---


Re: Grill Accessory

RUSSELL SOLOWONIUK <rsolowoniuk@...>
 

Now over 21! Oh, 22 counting mine! LOL

----- Original Message -----
From: George B <gbmagoo@comcast.net>
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:26:36 -0700 (MST)
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory

Well that is mostly correct but then why does there have to be over 20 post
on a non jaws subject

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Stephanie
Switzer
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 07:02
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory

Thank you Ted. I was basically about to write that.

On 11/15/12, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <Ted.Lisle@ky.gov> wrote:
Oh, come on. The guy obviously sent to the wrong address, end of
story!

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Gerald
Levy
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:53 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory


So now this list has become a cooking forum. Why aren't the list
rules
being enforced? For those of you who are fed up and are seeking a
list
that is dedicated to the discussion of JAWS and nothing but JAWS
whose
moderators do not tolerate the kind of nonsense that is allowed on
this
list and will not hesitate to remove members who repeatedly disregard
list rules, I invite you to join the JAWS Users mailing list. To
subscribe, click on the following link and fill in the required
fields:

http://jaws-users.com/mailman/listinfo/jaws-users-list_jaws-users.com

Gerald


----- Original Message -----
From: "Kimsan" <kimsansong@aol.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:26 PM
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory


Hahaha, gotta love George.


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of George
B
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:36 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory

Well I was keeping my fingers shut, but since you asked where I am
what
the
hell does bbq have to do with jaws and this list???

Now how is that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of
Farfar
Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 13:45
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory

Joseph,

Are you kidding? OR did you just not read all the messages in the
thread?

And where's George when you really need him?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a
Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit


----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 13:35
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory


So what dose have to do with jfw?

On 11/14/12, Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@kutakrock.com> wrote:
Right!
Major screw up. Of course, if anyone is in Parkville, I'd love
for
them
to
bring by the rotisserie.
BTW, know any good recipes for rotisserie turkey? <SMILE>


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Cy
Selfridge
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:41 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory

I'll bet you a cookie to a rotton doughnut you didn't mean for
this
to be
on
the JAWS list. (LOLLOLLOLLOL)
Cy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of
Marquette,
Ed
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:38 PM
To: 'Magers Adam'; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Eads Brittany (eads.brittany@gmail.com); Ansie Marquette
Subject: Grill Accessory

Adam and Brittany:
In September, we bought a grill from Backyard Bash, a store in
Parkville.
We also bought a rotisserie; however, the store was out of them.
We've
been
bugging the store for 2 months. Finally, the rotisserie came in.
I
talked to the guy at the store, and he put it (small box) under
the
counter
with
"Marquette" on it. It is paid for.
If it isn't too much trouble or putting you way out of your way,
could you
pick it up? I'm about half afraid the guy will sell it to
someone
else.
The store isn't real precise when it comes to inventory control.
It doesn't matter when we get it, so long as it is before
Thanksgiving.
We
could connect Sunday, or if you are coming to group tonight, you
could
drop
it off. Do whatever is most convenient for you.
Here is the store address, location, and phone number.
Backyard Bash
6264 Lewis St
Ste 100
Parkville, MO 64152
Cross Streets: Between MO-9 and Lewis Dr
(816) 587-9990

Thanks a ton!!!!


I. Edward Marquette
Direct Dial: 816.502.4646
Mobile: 816.812.0088
Google Voice: 408.692.5640
Facsimile: 816.960.0041
Kutak Rock LLP
1010 Grand Boulevard
Suite 500
Kansas City, MO 64106
ed.marquette@kutakrock.com




ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE
USED
OR
REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING OF ANY
ENTITY,
INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED
OR
WRITTEN
TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF
AVOIDING
PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the
named
recipients above and may contain information that is privileged,
attorney
work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you
have
received this message in error, please notify the sender at
402-346-6000 and
delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.
-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was
scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-
jdh.com/attachments/201211
14/e73e78a1/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Joseph Hudson
phone
2544661251

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Me-Too Virus

Dave...
 

Ed,

Completely understood, and I enjoyed your idea of how to make it relevant to
JAWS.

Interesting, though how many "me, too" messages rise from the soup when they
can smell blood, though?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marquette, Ed" <Ed.Marquette@KutakRock.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 07:53
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory [It was a joke!]


I've mostly left this alone, but since I started it, I thought I would
clarify -- at least for some.
Yesterday, I was leaving for a venture capital investment forum and was in a
hurry. There are actually several reasons for that rush, but I'll spare
you. Sometimes, when I'm thinking, I rest my fingers a little too hard on
the home row, and that sometimes produces a stray "j". In this case, I
slammed ENTER and banged out the message. I did not intend to send to the
JAWS list, but the stray "J" had entered the JAWS mailing list email address
in the auto-complete.
When this was pointed out to me -- very nicely -- I sent a "sorry" message
and threw in, as a joke, a note about a recipe for cooking turkey on a
rotisserie. Most, I think, understood. I did get a couple of off-list
invitations to join a cooking list, which I will do. Much appreciated!
Several, however, didn't read the whole chain of messages and either started
chiming in with cooking-related stuff or started complaining because the
topic had nothing to do with JAWS.
I might have added that I thought JAWS 13 was a turkey, and that might have
helped keep us on topic. <SMILE>
Seriously, I've been using JAWS 14, and I congratulate Freedom Scientific
for doing a pretty decent job. Many, though not all, errors in version 13
were fixed -- at least for me.
Some have asked about the status of the "Freedom Scientific Bug Fix"
petition. I checked yesterday, and only 181 persons had signed. That's
disappointing, and I'll leave it at that. Thanks to all who worked on the
petition and who signed.
Take care, and again, I apologize for my screw-up.


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Peter Donahue
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:32 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory

Hello everyone,

I was going to say the same thing.

Peter Donahue


----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynn Golightly" <vgolight@yahoo.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:38 PM
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory


I very seldom comment on much said here due to my only intermediate status
as a computer JAWS user. Though the grill topic is interesting, someone
needs to look for a cooking list for blind people. I'm all about learning
how JAWS interacts with Windows 7 and 8 and being reminded how to select
noncontiguous files, for instance. Thanks. Vicky Lynn Golightly
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Gary King
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:49 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory

Dave,
Read all of the messages before replying to a message? Are you kidding?
That's asking way too much!

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory


Joseph,

Are you kidding? OR did you just not read all the messages in the thread?

And where's George when you really need him?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit


----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 13:35
Subject: Re: Grill Accessory


So what dose have to do with jfw?

On 11/14/12, Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@kutakrock.com> wrote:
Right!
Major screw up. Of course, if anyone is in Parkville, I'd love for them
to
bring by the rotisserie.
BTW, know any good recipes for rotisserie turkey? <SMILE>


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Cy
Selfridge
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:41 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Grill Accessory

I'll bet you a cookie to a rotton doughnut you didn't mean for this to be
on
the JAWS list. (LOLLOLLOLLOL)
Cy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Marquette,
Ed
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:38 PM
To: 'Magers Adam'; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Eads Brittany (eads.brittany@gmail.com); Ansie Marquette
Subject: Grill Accessory

Adam and Brittany:
In September, we bought a grill from Backyard Bash, a store in Parkville.
We also bought a rotisserie; however, the store was out of them. We've
been
bugging the store for 2 months. Finally, the rotisserie came in. I
talked
to the guy at the store, and he put it (small box) under the counter with
"Marquette" on it. It is paid for.
If it isn't too much trouble or putting you way out of your way, could
you
pick it up? I'm about half afraid the guy will sell it to someone else.
The store isn't real precise when it comes to inventory control.
It doesn't matter when we get it, so long as it is before Thanksgiving.
We
could connect Sunday, or if you are coming to group tonight, you could
drop
it off. Do whatever is most convenient for you.
Here is the store address, location, and phone number.
Backyard Bash
6264 Lewis St
Ste 100
Parkville, MO 64152
Cross Streets: Between MO-9 and Lewis Dr
(816) 587-9990

Thanks a ton!!!!


I. Edward Marquette
Direct Dial: 816.502.4646
Mobile: 816.812.0088
Google Voice: 408.692.5640
Facsimile: 816.960.0041
Kutak Rock LLP
1010 Grand Boulevard
Suite 500
Kansas City, MO 64106
ed.marquette@kutakrock.com




ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR
REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY,
INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR
WRITTEN
TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING
PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney
work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have
received
this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and
delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201211
14/e73e78a1/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Joseph Hudson
phone
2544661251

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: Installing Jaws on a virtual server -- has anyone been able to do this?

Kimber Gardner
 

It's vm ware.

Thanks Tom

On 11/15/12, Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@bmo.com> wrote:
Hi Kim, Let me ask around here to see if I can find out something. Do you
know what virtual server they are using. Would it be ESX?
Regards
Tom Bisset
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimber
Gardner
Sent: November 15, 2012 10:53 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Installing Jaws on a virtual server -- has anyone been able to
do this?

Hi Tom,

It is just one of those looping "reboot your computer" situations.

We were trying to install from the CD then, on FS advice, we downloaded the
executable but there was no difference.

It used to be a hardware server when we originally installed Jaws, then
about six months ago they came to me and said, "uh, will jaws work on a
virtual server?" It made me laugh because I was like, how the heck should I
know? Well, it is working, we just can't ever update it.

Kim

On 11/15/12, Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@bmo.com> wrote:
Interesting, I haven't installed jaws on a virtual server for a
while. I actually don't remember which version of jaws but I think it was
10.
I had no problem installing jaws but it crash the server. This was on
ESX3.
Apparently ESX4 is supposed to have resolved that problem but I had
to changed rolls because I lost access to the servers when they went
virtual so I don't know the current state.
Just a note that window eyes also crashed the virtual servers on ESX3.
Can your techies provide more information or it one of thoughs
situations where there are no error messages and it just keeps looping.
Tom Bisset
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimber
Gardner
Sent: November 15, 2012 7:17 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Installing Jaws on a virtual server -- has anyone been able
to do this?

Hi Everyone,

I sometimes sign onto my work network using a virtual server running
Jaws 12. We attempted the other day to install Jaws 14 with no
success. The install just keeps looping in that "restart your computer"
cycle.

First, has anyone successfully installed Jaws on a virtual server? If
so, how?

We did call FS for tech support and were told that they don't support
Jaws running in a virtual server environment. Which I guess means,
sorry, we can't help you. They must be too busy fixing research it to
support functionality that people actually need to do their jobs.

Sorry for the snark, but it's very frustrating when you have a very
real need and FS just blows you off.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any ideas. Also,if anyone knows of
another screen reader that will allow me to run on a virtual server,
could you contact me off-list with details? My email is,
kimbersinbox1963@gmail.com

Kimber

--
Kimberly

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Kimberly

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Kimberly