Date   

moderated Re: need information

 

There really is a finite shelf life to any software, but that for screen readers is much shorter than that of many other types of software.  The pace of changes in coding for the web alone dictates certain changes in screen readers and the changes in Windows 10 sometimes do, as well.

A three-year-old version of any screen reader, on a system that's up-to-date otherwise, is asking for problems.

Also, it would help to know, if we're talking about Edge, whether we're talking new Edge or original Edge.  If you hit ALT+F,B,M and end up on the About pane for Edge and it shows a Version, then you have new Edge, which is the only thing anyone should be using now.  If nothing comes up, you have original Edge, and need to visit the Edge Download Page and download and install the latest Edge browser before doing anything else.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: need information

 

You may also run into issues with Jaws 17 as there will be more and more incompatibility with it and Windows 10 and modern browsers.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: need information

 

Change your browser home page - Microsoft Support

 

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of maryjane
Sent: June 4, 2020 2:32
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: need information

 

Hello I  am running windows 10 and jaws 17 how do I make google my home page. I don’t know how to use Microsoft edge


moderated Re: Using family tree / genealogy software

Peter Tesar
 

Yes you did get it wrong. No registration necessary for WikiTree.com

  
https://www.wikitree.com/


I have never had to pay for using that site.


The site has two edit boxes,

  First Name, Last Name then press ENTER.


You get a list of profiles arranged by birth date. Each profile is a link and the profile may have links to:

  parents, spouse, children etc.


To create and edit profiles you need to register (no charge).

There is no free trial period.


Peter T.



On 6/4/2020 6:26 PM, Tony wrote:

I checked out the site but was disappointed after a search for several people returned no results.

 

Also, to get information on anyone it appears to require a “free” trial signup with no mention of the actual cost.

 

Did I miss something?

 

Tony

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 3:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using family tree / genealogy software

 

Hello,

 

Why don't you use the web site WikiTree.com?

It has over 23 million profiles and it is edited by over 700 thousand genealogists from around the world.

 

I've been using it for about 5 years a and much of what I need is accessible with Jaws and NVDA.

 

You don't need additional software. It's free to register, it works with Jaws.

 

Whatever you create on WikiTree.com will be there for the world to browse and for a lot longer than your PC based software.

 

Create your family profiles and maybe link them to existing distant relatives.

 

https://www.wikitree.com/ has genealogy help and there are other online sources to help you with your research.

 

Peter T.

 

On 6/4/2020 11:19 AM, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using windows10 build 1909 and most recent version of Jaws2020. Is there a family tree / genealogy software that works the best with Jaws? Thanks Kevin


moderated Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

Richard Turner
 

David, thanks for this, but this has already been covered.

I hope those with the retail version of Outlook are communicating with Microsoft Accessibility about how completely unacceptable it is to have the signature field completely useless.

And composing a signature in word, pasting it in and then seeing if it comes out correctly in a new email is not an acceptable workaround.

It is a work around, but no one should settle for that without communicating with Microsoft.

Just my 2 ¢ Worth.

 

 

 

Richard

Chickens: the pet that poops breakfast!

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

I might be able to shed some light on this issue. Outlook 2016's edit field for signatures was completely inaccessible with screen readers. However, this problem was addressed in the 365 version of Outlook and, presumably, in Outlook 2019.

When I was using Outlook 2016 I worked around this by composing my signature in Microsoft Word. Once I was certain that the signature contained the text that I wanted I would press ctrl-A to select the entire text of the signature and then press ctrl-C to copy the signature to the clipboard. Next, I would open Outlook 2016, go into the signature edit field, press control-A to select all of the text and then press ctrl-V to paste my newly written signature into the edit field.

To verify that the signature was what I really wanted I would begin composing a message and then arrow down through the message body to examine the signature.

Hope that helps.

David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019
 
WWW.DavidGoldfield.org

On 6/3/2020 5:12 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I just discovered here on my home laptop, I can indeed edit signatures just fine.

So, my hat’s off to Microsoft and you for pointing this out.

Now to try it on my work laptop.

I was tired of my old signature anyway.

 

 

Richard

Chickens: the pet that poops breakfast!

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Richard,

Yes.  No problem.  But I know I’ve had your frustration, I just don’t know what changed for me.  I was just pushed an office update here at work last week to Microsoft Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.11929.20776

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

OK, so you opened that edit box and edited an existing signature in that edit box without any issues?

 

On my Work machine, running Jaws 2020, Windows 10 Pro, and Outlook 2016, that edit box does not read at all with Jaws or Narrator.  NVDA will read the first line and that is it.

 

With sighted help, I can do what you said and write it in Word, then paste it in, but the sighted person has to delete the text of that one is there.

I could I suppose have created an  entirely new signature, but that was not what I neded for work.

 

Very interesting.

 

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Richard,

I just tweaked one of my existing signatures without issue.  I find it most straight forward to shift tab past the Cancel and OK buttons to the edit field.  This is what JAWS tells me when I do that:

 

Cancel
OK Button‑
Edit signature

Alt Tl
Signatures and Stationery

 

So, it’s a bit verbose as it lands in that edit field, which is the first shift tab after the OK button.  I typically type and format the signature as I want it in Word or in the email body, then cut and paste it into the edit box. 

 

The list of signatures you have created seems to be the found as a list with one tab from when the dialog opens.  There is a lot of clutter between this list and the edit box, which is why shift tabbing  works best.  H

HTH,

Robin

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Now if the Outlook engineers would only make the edit box for creating your signature accessible ... it isn't as far as I can tell.

Or, do you have a trick for that other than getting someone with eyes that work?

 

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

 

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020

 

 

On Jun 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Cook, Steve <Steve.Cook@...> wrote:



You can also use Alt M and then choose your signature.

 

Thank You,

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

Cell: (803) 908-3856

1-888-335-5951                        

www.sccb.state.sc.us

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:16 PM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

I accidentally discovered a cool trick in Outlook.  If you have more than one type of  email signature, based on the audience of your email, I thought we  had to go select the one we wanted each time from the Insert Ribbon under signatures.  Here’s the trick, as long as you have a default signature in any new email you create, you can simply arrow down into that signature text and open the context menu.  The list of your signatures are right there for you to select from and the whole thing will quickly update.   Sometimes the Outlook developers surprise me with the shortcuts they code.

 

Using Windows 10, JAWS 2020, Office 365

Robin Van Lant

 

 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


moderated Re: Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Leo
 

hmm,

this is very weird, I'll give it a second try!

Best,
   Leo
On 6/4/2020 2:15 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

it works on my jfw 2020, and it is latest version.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 5/7/2020 8:07 AM, Leo wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I had a second look on the release history of the script, and I see that the last release was in April 2019, so even though it identified my jaws version, the script may not be compatible with jaws 2020 after all.


Best,
    Leo

On 5/7/2020 8:30 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Doug Lee has a twitter account for script support questions.

He doesn’t list his personal Email on his web site, so you might try reaching out to him via twitter:

https://twitter.com/dlee_code/ <https://twitter.com/dlee_code/>

HTH,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Leo
*Sent:* Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:24 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/ <https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dlee.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d51cee9b667415db6dd08d7f2925ffa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637244582793349676&sdata=sixvaYKk9ThebZEFq9c5cgGSnLBstVq5YzOiHKGCrzM%3D&reserved=0>

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
    Leo





moderated Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

David Goldfield
 

I might be able to shed some light on this issue. Outlook 2016's edit field for signatures was completely inaccessible with screen readers. However, this problem was addressed in the 365 version of Outlook and, presumably, in Outlook 2019.

When I was using Outlook 2016 I worked around this by composing my signature in Microsoft Word. Once I was certain that the signature contained the text that I wanted I would press ctrl-A to select the entire text of the signature and then press ctrl-C to copy the signature to the clipboard. Next, I would open Outlook 2016, go into the signature edit field, press control-A to select all of the text and then press ctrl-V to paste my newly written signature into the edit field.

To verify that the signature was what I really wanted I would begin composing a message and then arrow down through the message body to examine the signature.

Hope that helps.

David Goldfield,
Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist
JAWS Certified, 2019

WWW.DavidGoldfield.org
On 6/3/2020 5:12 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I just discovered here on my home laptop, I can indeed edit signatures just fine.

So, my hat’s off to Microsoft and you for pointing this out.

Now to try it on my work laptop.

I was tired of my old signature anyway.

 

 

Richard

Chickens: the pet that poops breakfast!

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:04 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Richard,

Yes.  No problem.  But I know I’ve had your frustration, I just don’t know what changed for me.  I was just pushed an office update here at work last week to Microsoft Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.11929.20776

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

OK, so you opened that edit box and edited an existing signature in that edit box without any issues?

 

On my Work machine, running Jaws 2020, Windows 10 Pro, and Outlook 2016, that edit box does not read at all with Jaws or Narrator.  NVDA will read the first line and that is it.

 

With sighted help, I can do what you said and write it in Word, then paste it in, but the sighted person has to delete the text of that one is there.

I could I suppose have created an  entirely new signature, but that was not what I neded for work.

 

Very interesting.

 

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Richard,

I just tweaked one of my existing signatures without issue.  I find it most straight forward to shift tab past the Cancel and OK buttons to the edit field.  This is what JAWS tells me when I do that:

 

Cancel
OK Button‑
Edit signature

Alt Tl
Signatures and Stationery

 

So, it’s a bit verbose as it lands in that edit field, which is the first shift tab after the OK button.  I typically type and format the signature as I want it in Word or in the email body, then cut and paste it into the edit box. 

 

The list of signatures you have created seems to be the found as a list with one tab from when the dialog opens.  There is a lot of clutter between this list and the edit box, which is why shift tabbing  works best.  H

HTH,

Robin

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

Now if the Outlook engineers would only make the edit box for creating your signature accessible ... it isn't as far as I can tell.

Or, do you have a trick for that other than getting someone with eyes that work?

 

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

 

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020

 

 

On Jun 3, 2020, at 12:19 PM, Cook, Steve <Steve.Cook@...> wrote:



You can also use Alt M and then choose your signature.

 

Thank You,

Steve Cook, CPM

Assistive Technology Consultant

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

Cell: (803) 908-3856

1-888-335-5951                        

www.sccb.state.sc.us

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 3:16 PM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: [External] cool trick with signatures in Outlook

 

I accidentally discovered a cool trick in Outlook.  If you have more than one type of  email signature, based on the audience of your email, I thought we  had to go select the one we wanted each time from the Insert Ribbon under signatures.  Here’s the trick, as long as you have a default signature in any new email you create, you can simply arrow down into that signature text and open the context menu.  The list of your signatures are right there for you to select from and the whole thing will quickly update.   Sometimes the Outlook developers surprise me with the shortcuts they code.

 

Using Windows 10, JAWS 2020, Office 365

Robin Van Lant

 

 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


moderated Re: Another question for Webex users

Van Lant, Robin
 

I tried to look for one today when on a meeting. I did not see a toggle or keyboard shortcut in the menu system. It appears you have to tab to the button, then open the small dialog and stop it from there, which seems like it would mean a few steps to get video going again.  Control M will toggle on and off mute, so I was hoping for a similar trick.  I have not used video on meetings yet, but I’ll look around more.  You can also email Accessibility@... to ask what they know.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Another question for Webex users

 

Hi all,

Like others on the list, I have to use the Webex Meetings app.

Is there a hotkey to toggle my video on and off? In our meetings we are asked to turn off our videos when not speaking.

Cheers,

Ed

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


moderated Re: Using family tree / genealogy software

Tony
 

I checked out the site but was disappointed after a search for several people returned no results.

 

Also, to get information on anyone it appears to require a “free” trial signup with no mention of the actual cost.

 

Did I miss something?

 

Tony

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Tesar
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2020 3:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using family tree / genealogy software

 

Hello,

 

Why don't you use the web site WikiTree.com?

It has over 23 million profiles and it is edited by over 700 thousand genealogists from around the world.

 

I've been using it for about 5 years a and much of what I need is accessible with Jaws and NVDA.

 

You don't need additional software. It's free to register, it works with Jaws.

 

Whatever you create on WikiTree.com will be there for the world to browse and for a lot longer than your PC based software.

 

Create your family profiles and maybe link them to existing distant relatives.

 

https://www.wikitree.com/ has genealogy help and there are other online sources to help you with your research.

 

Peter T.

 

On 6/4/2020 11:19 AM, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using windows10 build 1909 and most recent version of Jaws2020. Is there a family tree / genealogy software that works the best with Jaws? Thanks Kevin


moderated Re: Using family tree / genealogy software

Peter Tesar
 

Hello,


Why don't you use the web site WikiTree.com?

It has over 23 million profiles and it is edited by over 700 thousand genealogists from around the world.


I've been using it for about 5 years a and much of what I need is accessible with Jaws and NVDA.


You don't need additional software. It's free to register, it works with Jaws.


Whatever you create on WikiTree.com will be there for the world to browse and for a lot longer than your PC based software.


Create your family profiles and maybe link them to existing distant relatives.


https://www.wikitree.com/ has genealogy help and there are other online sources to help you with your research.


Peter T.


On 6/4/2020 11:19 AM, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using windows10 build 1909 and most recent version of Jaws2020. Is there a family tree / genealogy software that works the best with Jaws? Thanks Kevin


moderated Re: Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Curtis Delzer
 

it works on my jfw 2020, and it is latest version.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 5/7/2020 8:07 AM, Leo wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I had a second look on the release history of the script, and I see that the last release was in April 2019, so even though it identified my jaws version, the script may not be compatible with jaws 2020 after all.
Best,
Leo
On 5/7/2020 8:30 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Doug Lee has a twitter account for script support questions.

He doesn’t list his personal Email on his web site, so you might try reaching out to him via twitter:

https://twitter.com/dlee_code/ <https://twitter.com/dlee_code/>

HTH,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Leo
*Sent:* Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:24 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/ <https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dlee.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d51cee9b667415db6dd08d7f2925ffa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637244582793349676&sdata=sixvaYKk9ThebZEFq9c5cgGSnLBstVq5YzOiHKGCrzM%3D&reserved=0>

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo


moderated Re: Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Curtis Delzer
 

I got it to install just fine.


Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 5/7/2020 7:24 AM, Leo wrote:
Hi everyone,
I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:
https://www.dlee.org/ <https://www.dlee.org/>
it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.
What could it have gone wrong?
Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?
Thanks.
--
Best,
Leo


moderated Re: bitlocker password encription.

Jacob
 

A problem that is solved in JAWS 2020.1912.11. In previous versions JAWS can't focus on the password filed. So unload JAWS while you enter the password or use NVDA or Narrator.


OZ0TE Jacob

On 2020-06-04 at 21:00 Shankar C wrote:
dear all,
hope things are well at you.

I was trying to lock the d drive with the password using the
bitlocker tool on the windows 10 and I couldn't able to provide the
password.
so, can some1 provide me the detailed instructions for the above task?


moderated bitlocker password encription.

Shankar C
 

dear all,
hope things are well at you.

I was trying to lock the d drive with the password using the
bitlocker tool on the windows 10 and I couldn't able to provide the
password.
so, can some1 provide me the detailed instructions for the above task?


--
----------"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."
----------
email: harshalgips@...
msn: harshalgips@...
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar


moderated Re: JAWS sleep mode

Bill White
 

Hello, Cristina. I will tell you how to put JAWS into sleep mode, but I want to warn that you need to be very careful with this, because it can be difficult to undo this if you make a mistake. This is the type of sleep mode in which JAWS will never speak once a program is loaded.

 

1. Open the program or application for which you want JAWS to be silent during its operation.

2. Press JAWS key plus the number six on the numbers row (not the NumPad).

3. In the search box which comes up, type the word sleep.

4. You will get two results, one applying to braille sleep, the other applies to sleep for JAWS, and it will say it is disabled.

5. Press the Space Bar until it says Enabled.

6. TAB to OK and press ENTER.

 

Now, whenever you start the program for which you never want JAWS to speak, JAWS will always be silent.

 

If you just want to turn off JAWS speech temporarily, press JAWS Key plus Space, followed by the letter S. This is a toggle, so, if you want to turn JAWS speech back on, press JAWS Key plus Space, followed by the letter S, until it says, Full Speech.

 

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristina Ebetiuc
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 10:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; main+owner@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS sleep mode

 

Hello!

How can  I put JAWS into Sleep mode?

Thanks and greetings

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

 


moderated Re: Accesible Twitter Applications

sardar shankar
 

although conversations work for me for viewing threads it doesn't
seems like working for replys.

On 6/4/20, shankar <shankars.5060@...> wrote:
thanks for those tips. I'll surely try those.

On 6/4/20, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io
<ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Sardar-ji,

I used TWBlue for months before finding some solutions to the very
problems you list below.

>playing videos from a tweet,

I have never gotten this to work from within TWBlue. But I can always
just press enter on a tweet's URL, which will launch my default web
browser and play the video just fine.

>viewing threads

This is very counterintuitive, but feasible. TWBlue calls threads
"conversations". To view a conversation, press alt+windows+C. Here's
the most counterintuitive part; you will not find the conversation in
the same window as the original tweet; you'll find it under searches.
TWBlue will report: "Conversation with so-and-so". Tab over to the
list view and, if there are replies to the original tweet, they will
be there in chronological order. If there are no replies, only the
original tweet will be in that conversation. Once you've read it, you
can destroy the buffer with the hotkey control+shift+I.
I use the conversation hotkey in conjunction with the previous and
next buffer hotkeys: alt+windows+left (or right) arrows. This way, if
I am in the home buffer and press alt+windows+C for the conversation,
I need only navigate to the previous buffer with
alt+windows+left-arrow because search results are displayed to the
left of home. However, if I'm deep in a timeline tree and want to
access conversations, it's easier to press end while in the tree
view, which focuses the "searches" node. Expand that with right-arrow
and I can find all searches and conversations there.

Realistically, I try to structure my Twitter usage so that I'm always
reading either my home buffer or a timeline just to the left of the
search results. This way, the conversations are always one buffer to
the left or right of the buffer I'm reading.
That may all sound hopelessly complicated. But once you get the hang
of those hotkeys, you can navigate between tweet and conversation
buffers quite quickly. As you know, riyaaz (practice) is everything.

>viewing replies to a tweet,

See above. The conversations buffer handles replies. You can even
check if there are replies to replies, and so on. It would be ideal
if TWBlue reported this information, so that we wouldn't have to
invoke and delete what amount to empty conversations.

>not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
>notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!

To receive notifications in TWBlue, you must set each buffer to
autoread new tweets, using the hotkey alt+windows+E. This must be
done for each buffer you want automatically read when new tweets
arrive, even for timelines. Once you set autoreading for the default
buffers, they will remain that way until you change them.
But when you add timelines or lists, you must enable autoreading with
that hotkey for each.
The important thing is to listen carefully to the tweeter's name or
the buffer name during the autoreading, since there's no place in
TWBlue where all notifications are collected.
If you hear, "New direct message from Pandit Pranaath," you must go
to your direct messages buffer to read it.
If you hear, "New tweet in Sonia Gandhi's timeline," you must find
her timeline, either using the tree view or previous&next buffer
hotkeys, in order to read it.


Here is one more detail that I have found very useful. Whenever you
view your friends, followers or tweeter's timelines, TWBlue shows you
the first 200 in reverse chronological order--thatis--going back 200
from the most recent. Do not confuse this with reverse buffer
display, which puts the most recent tweets at the top of the buffer
list. Here, new tweets are still at the bottom, but the buffer list
only goes back 200 tweets. To go back further, you must use the
hotkey alt+windows+page-up. You will hear TWBlue say, (200 items
retrieved". In the case of search results, the same principle
applies, except that when you search for users, you are only shown 20
results at a time. So, when you load previous items into your buffer,
you will hear, "20 items retrieved". If you want everything, you must
keep retrieving items further back until there are no more and TWBlue
reports 0 items retrieved. Only then can you be sure that you are
reading your complete buffer.
I point this out because, when I first got on Twitter, I began
following all sorts of people about whom I was curious. Needless to
say, I quickly reached 5000 followers and began receiving errors that
I could not follow anymore users. So, I fst tried using TWBlue to go
through my following list, but only found 200 entries. On Twitter's
web interface, the list would not refresh properly and would give me
duplicate entries. I even tried out two Android apps dedicating to
unfollowing twitter accounts. They worked okay, but I still wish I
could accomplish this seemingly simple task within TWBlue.
Once this blind guy on Teamtalk told me about the hotkey to load
previous items into the buffer, I was all set; I could see all my
following and friends lists without using other apps. The thing is, I
had gone past that hotkey dozens of times in TWBlue's hotkey editor.
I thought it meant that it would move you up and down in the buffer
by a large amount. I never thought it actually retrieves and loads
previous tweets.

I hope these tips will enrich your TWBlue experience as much as they
have enriched mine.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer
and Pedagogue
Charlotte, North Carolina





moderated Re: regarding OBS software

 

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 02:12 PM, Don Walls wrote:
For some reason my JAWS screen reader is reading your messages in German.
Large chunks of it are in German, but not the main body content.  Even the standard signature from the Windows 10 Mail App is rendered in German, which is completely appropriate, since the message originates from a German speaker whom I'd have to presume has German as the system language.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: regarding OBS software

Don Walls
 

For some reason my JAWS screen reader is reading your messages in German.
 
Don
 

From: Cristina Ebetiuc
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 10:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: regarding OBS software
 

Thank you 😊

 

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

 

Von: Shan Noyes
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Juni 2020 18:59
An: main@jfw.groups.io
Betreff: Re: regarding OBS software
Wichtigkeit: Hoch

 

Sorry don’t know the answer to your question however, a person who uses Jaws and is heavily involved and experienced with broadcasting using jaws etc is Jonathan Mosen check out his web site at:

 

https://mosen.org/

He runs an internet radio station called MushroomFM as well as publishes a podcast.  Its really cool.

 

Have a good day.

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristina Ebetiuc via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 9:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: regarding OBS software

 

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody!

I am new here. Could soembody tell me if OBS (Open Broadcast Studio) is accessible with JAWS 2020? I have currently downloaded Version 25 of this software. Could somebody also give me instructions for using it? I have searched the web but found Nothing.

Thanks and greetings

 

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

 

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

 


moderated Re: Accesible Twitter Applications

sardar shankar
 

thanks for those tips. I'll surely try those.

On 6/4/20, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io
<ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Sardar-ji,

I used TWBlue for months before finding some solutions to the very
problems you list below.

>playing videos from a tweet,

I have never gotten this to work from within TWBlue. But I can always
just press enter on a tweet's URL, which will launch my default web
browser and play the video just fine.

>viewing threads

This is very counterintuitive, but feasible. TWBlue calls threads
"conversations". To view a conversation, press alt+windows+C. Here's
the most counterintuitive part; you will not find the conversation in
the same window as the original tweet; you'll find it under searches.
TWBlue will report: "Conversation with so-and-so". Tab over to the
list view and, if there are replies to the original tweet, they will
be there in chronological order. If there are no replies, only the
original tweet will be in that conversation. Once you've read it, you
can destroy the buffer with the hotkey control+shift+I.
I use the conversation hotkey in conjunction with the previous and
next buffer hotkeys: alt+windows+left (or right) arrows. This way, if
I am in the home buffer and press alt+windows+C for the conversation,
I need only navigate to the previous buffer with
alt+windows+left-arrow because search results are displayed to the
left of home. However, if I'm deep in a timeline tree and want to
access conversations, it's easier to press end while in the tree
view, which focuses the "searches" node. Expand that with right-arrow
and I can find all searches and conversations there.

Realistically, I try to structure my Twitter usage so that I'm always
reading either my home buffer or a timeline just to the left of the
search results. This way, the conversations are always one buffer to
the left or right of the buffer I'm reading.
That may all sound hopelessly complicated. But once you get the hang
of those hotkeys, you can navigate between tweet and conversation
buffers quite quickly. As you know, riyaaz (practice) is everything.

>viewing replies to a tweet,

See above. The conversations buffer handles replies. You can even
check if there are replies to replies, and so on. It would be ideal
if TWBlue reported this information, so that we wouldn't have to
invoke and delete what amount to empty conversations.

>not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
>notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!

To receive notifications in TWBlue, you must set each buffer to
autoread new tweets, using the hotkey alt+windows+E. This must be
done for each buffer you want automatically read when new tweets
arrive, even for timelines. Once you set autoreading for the default
buffers, they will remain that way until you change them.
But when you add timelines or lists, you must enable autoreading with
that hotkey for each.
The important thing is to listen carefully to the tweeter's name or
the buffer name during the autoreading, since there's no place in
TWBlue where all notifications are collected.
If you hear, "New direct message from Pandit Pranaath," you must go
to your direct messages buffer to read it.
If you hear, "New tweet in Sonia Gandhi's timeline," you must find
her timeline, either using the tree view or previous&next buffer
hotkeys, in order to read it.


Here is one more detail that I have found very useful. Whenever you
view your friends, followers or tweeter's timelines, TWBlue shows you
the first 200 in reverse chronological order--thatis--going back 200
from the most recent. Do not confuse this with reverse buffer
display, which puts the most recent tweets at the top of the buffer
list. Here, new tweets are still at the bottom, but the buffer list
only goes back 200 tweets. To go back further, you must use the
hotkey alt+windows+page-up. You will hear TWBlue say, (200 items
retrieved". In the case of search results, the same principle
applies, except that when you search for users, you are only shown 20
results at a time. So, when you load previous items into your buffer,
you will hear, "20 items retrieved". If you want everything, you must
keep retrieving items further back until there are no more and TWBlue
reports 0 items retrieved. Only then can you be sure that you are
reading your complete buffer.
I point this out because, when I first got on Twitter, I began
following all sorts of people about whom I was curious. Needless to
say, I quickly reached 5000 followers and began receiving errors that
I could not follow anymore users. So, I fst tried using TWBlue to go
through my following list, but only found 200 entries. On Twitter's
web interface, the list would not refresh properly and would give me
duplicate entries. I even tried out two Android apps dedicating to
unfollowing twitter accounts. They worked okay, but I still wish I
could accomplish this seemingly simple task within TWBlue.
Once this blind guy on Teamtalk told me about the hotkey to load
previous items into the buffer, I was all set; I could see all my
following and friends lists without using other apps. The thing is, I
had gone past that hotkey dozens of times in TWBlue's hotkey editor.
I thought it meant that it would move you up and down in the buffer
by a large amount. I never thought it actually retrieves and loads
previous tweets.

I hope these tips will enrich your TWBlue experience as much as they
have enriched mine.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer
and Pedagogue
Charlotte, North Carolina





moderated Re: Accesible Twitter Applications

Orlando Enrique Fiol
 

At 01:50 PM 6/4/2020, Michael Munn wrote:
This is why I asked the group members for an alternative of using the
MainStream Twitter Application. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and
using the main Twitter is going to be a compromise for me because the time
is limited and I want to go through as many tweets as possible during the
time that I'm broadcasting. This is in possible if I'm using the Mainstream
Twitter because the Main sight is very problematic. There are many hoops to
jump through unorder to view each Tweet. I will be learning the structure
of the Main Twitter when I'm not on the air. Using an Alternative is just a
temporary solution for me.
Having wrestled with Twitter's web version, the Microsoft Store app and a few third-party clients, all to immense frustration, I can assure you that TWBlue is the most accessible, streamlined and efficient solution we have. You can read tweets very quickly, either in your home buffer, timelines, searches or lists.
The only drawback is that you cannot sort the order in which tweets appear; TWBlue displays them strictly chronologically. Some buffers, such as Home, are unlimited in size, while others, such as Following, Friends and timelines, are limited to 200 tweets counting backwards from the latest. If you want to see older tweets, you must use the hotkey alt+windows+page-up to load previous items into the buffer.
Ideally, we could increase this 200-tweet limit. But even if you manually edit TWBlue's configuration file for your Twitter account, increasing the API buffer size beyond 200, it defaults back down to 200 anyway. So, the only solution is to manually load previous tweets into the buffer once you reach the top of your list.
Here's a practical example. Say you are reading someone's timeline and find that at the top of your list is a tweet from a day ago. This means they are quite prolific, since they've tweeted 200 times in a day. When you followed this person, TWBlue reported that they first joined Twitter 10 years ago. So, it's safe to say that if you want to see what they've tweeted a week or month ago, you'll have to retrieve more tweets using that hotkey. These newly-retrieved tweets will be added to the top of your buffer list, since they're older than the originally-retrieved 200.
Hopefully, that example clarifies the process.


Orlando Enrique Fiol


moderated Re: Accesible Twitter Applications

Michael Munn
 

This is why I asked the group members for an alternative of using the MainStream Twitter Application. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and using the main Twitter is  going to be a compromise for me because the time is limited and I want to go through as many tweets as possible during the time that I'm broadcasting. This is in possible if I'm using the Mainstream Twitter because the Main sight is very problematic. There are many hoops to jump through unorder to view each Tweet. I will be learning the structure of the Main Twitter when I'm not on the air. Using an Alternative is just a temporary solution for me. 
Thank you for asking. 
Also, the website is configured differently on Each browser. I am afraid you may have to relearn the structure of the Twitter Main page again  on Google Chrome. .  
 
Thank you.
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia 

www.nfbv.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind 

www.hadley.edu



On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 9:35 PM marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

 

A few Twitter questions.

 

Why would one use a Twitter app as opposed to Twitter.com?

 

I have a Twitter account and have been accessing it with Twitter.com and IE. Today I tried to log in, but couldn’t at all. I used Google Chrome and got in, but now everything is different. I can’t find many of the items I used to be able to read before, such as how many tweets I’ve sent, how many people I follow, and how many followers I have. I also can’t find the place that lists followers and the place where I can follow someone.

 

Is this a Jaws problem? If so, how can I fix it? If not, where can I go to find out how to make the information readable again?

 

Many thanks.

 

Marilyn   

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 1:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accesible Twitter Applications

 

Dear Listers, hope you are well. I'm sending this email just want to ask whether if there is an Application that allow me to Access Twitter besides using the Mainstream Twitter.com. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster  and in my show, I would like to interact with my listeners. Unorder to do that, I need to find an accessible Twitter program that enable me to quickly scan each post at a very quick manner. If y'all know a program  like this, Please let me know

TIA.  

Best regards 

Michael Munn