Date   

moderated Re: Font changes, etc. setting

Van Lant, Robin
 

Vaughn,

While I have not really developed my skills in this area, I think you may be looking to use a sound scheme in JAWS that will help you hear font changes while you review your paper. If you are simply having the problem of turning in your papers with accidental use of various fonts, you can always do a final font attribute change at the end of your paper. That is, you could finish typing the paper, then go back and select all text and select the font size and style you want.  You may need to subsequently format any section headings, but at least you know all the font is unified.  One of my frustrations with Word is that it will sometimes change my default font if I use a bulleted list in a document. I havent’ figured out a way to stop this behavior yet, so I know to go back at the end and select all text and reset it to the font I want.

 

If your problem is that you are asking for others to edit your papers and they are doing so by changing font color or style or making parenthetical notes to you, you might want to use a sound scheme to have JAWS alert you to each change.  Alternatively, you can tell them to use the Track Changes feature in Word so you can move from one edit to the next. 

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaughn Brown
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 2:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Font changes, etc. setting

 

Hello,

 

I am working on college papers but the feedback I’m getting includes font changes, parenthesis, etc. Is there a setting in JFW 2021 that will assist me more independently edit my papers?

 

Thank you,

 

Vaughn

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


moderated Re: Font changes, etc. setting

Vaughn Brown
 

Hi Brian and fellow listers,

 

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I am using MS Word and will take you up on your advice on using an available template. JFW and Win. 10 are new to me and I appreciate your inputs. Is there a manual in JFW menu where I can look up key commands? For example there are specific key commands for word count and font. The JFW help using insert H seems to generate the more basic commands.

 

Thank you, again!

 

Vaughn

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 1:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Font changes, etc. setting

 

Vaughn,

            You'd need to be a lot more specific about the nits they're picking in order to get a focused answer.  That being said, I would ask what font face and point size is wanted as a starting point.  And if all of your papers are to be delivered to individuals and departments who dictate that font then I'd edit your Normal.dotm file (details later, if needed) so that any blank document you open will default to having it from the get-go.

             Word includes the Styles feature, and if you are told which of the various Styles they'd prefer you use, you could activate that before starting the paper and the various fonts, sizes, indents, outline/bullet styles, etc., will conform to that Style.

             It's the parentheses part I really can't answer, as they will be presented in whatever font you're using.  Now if the issue is they want different delimiters at different times, e.g. square brackets, curly braces, and the like then they need to make clear under what circumstances each is wanted, or refer you to something like the Chicago Manual of Style or other formatting reference that reflects what's being asked for.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: Font changes, etc. setting

 

Jaffar was wise to point out that this really is a "word processor thing," not a "screen reader thing," per se.

All of my earlier comments, though focused on MS-Word, are applicable to the analogous constructs in other Word processors as well.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: Font changes, etc. setting

Jaffar Sidek
 

Hi Baughn.  I don't think jaws on it's own can help you much with your situation.  What you need to do is to get to know your Word Processor, depending on which you are using of course.  Having said all that, I'm no expert with using jaws, but getting your word processor, whether it be Microsoft word or some other word application to do what you want, will help you a great deal.  At the end of the day, Jaws is a screen reader and will reproduce as speech, what you output to your screen.  Cheers!

On 11/11/2020 5:29 am, Vaughn Brown wrote:

Hello,

 

I am working on college papers but the feedback I’m getting includes font changes, parenthesis, etc. Is there a setting in JFW 2021 that will assist me more independently edit my papers?

 

Thank you,

 

Vaughn


moderated Re: Font changes, etc. setting

 

Vaughn,

            You'd need to be a lot more specific about the nits they're picking in order to get a focused answer.  That being said, I would ask what font face and point size is wanted as a starting point.  And if all of your papers are to be delivered to individuals and departments who dictate that font then I'd edit your Normal.dotm file (details later, if needed) so that any blank document you open will default to having it from the get-go.

             Word includes the Styles feature, and if you are told which of the various Styles they'd prefer you use, you could activate that before starting the paper and the various fonts, sizes, indents, outline/bullet styles, etc., will conform to that Style.

             It's the parentheses part I really can't answer, as they will be presented in whatever font you're using.  Now if the issue is they want different delimiters at different times, e.g. square brackets, curly braces, and the like then they need to make clear under what circumstances each is wanted, or refer you to something like the Chicago Manual of Style or other formatting reference that reflects what's being asked for.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Font changes, etc. setting

Vaughn Brown
 

Hello,

 

I am working on college papers but the feedback I’m getting includes font changes, parenthesis, etc. Is there a setting in JFW 2021 that will assist me more independently edit my papers?

 

Thank you,

 

Vaughn


moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

 

Like most things, Microsoft documents this pretty well:  

Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

Also, you can use the web search engine of your choosing, and put in exactly what's between the square brackets, [+"Windows 10" Speech Recognition Dictation] and you get scads of tutorials about this.  I can't know who might like which tutorial, but they're targeted.  It even returns documents with the equivalent of keyboard shortcuts documents for voice commands.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

Joseph Hudson
 

Oh I have a USB mic that's no problem. I'm using that connected to my Mac right now. The computer I'm gonna be using is loaded up in a car and going to the computer hospital sometime this afternoon to get a quote. To get windows 10. Already got the "upgrade my jaws, and have money set aside for that.

On Nov 9, 2020, at 6:55 AM, Ashleigh Piccinino <apiccinino@outlook.com> wrote:

I don’t have a mike hooked up to my computer though, so it wouldn’t help anyway. It seemed good when I used it before, though/would really help me with writing papers and things/would help someone who couldn’t use a keyboard. I thought the hotkey was windows h but that doesn’t seem to be the case any more. I can’t get that to work with Word.
On Nov 8, 2020, at 3:22 PM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
You can give the software a spoken "wake up" command. Or you can use key stroke. At the moment the command to come out of sleep mode eludes me.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10

So once you enable it which keystroke do you use to activate it when you actually need to dictate something? I will be upgrading to Windows 10 here in a few days and this would be great to know as I'm not a great typist.
On Nov 7, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hank,
In Windows 10:
Go to “Settings”
Go to “Ease of Access”
Tab once to get to list of items under “ease of Access”
Arrow down to “Interaction”
This will give you a list of four items The top one is Speech Tab over
to the list of items to set up Speech Dictation.
Here you can turn on dictation and make other selections.
There are other options which you can access from this screen or under the “Time & Language” area in settings. This also has a ”speech” settings area.

You can leave dictation on or allow for sleep until you call for it.

Hope this helps.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hank
William Merchant
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10


Good morning,

How does a person go about activating and when done exiting this built into Win10 dictation software and from wherre can maybe a person find a tutorial on using this dictation software with jaws? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much thanks in advance for any possible help.







Kindest regards,

Hank


From: Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: dictation software

Hi,
I like the built in Speech Dictation in Windows 10. Like the Word “Dictate” add in it is just a basic program but responds well and is pretty accurate.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James
Rinehart
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: dictation software

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wishes to use some dictation software with JAWS. We have tried the new Dictate add-in with Word and JAWS. It works reasonably well, but seems to lack some of the “bells and whistles” like literal numbers or word and correction. But for get thoughts on a page and going back and “cleaning up, it is a good choice.

I get very mixed reviews on Dragon Naturally speaking and JAWS. I read everything from it works well to they don’t play nice together and it is difficult to set up.

Wondering about experiences anyone may have had trying to use Dragon with JAWS. My person is running JAWS 2020, and Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. If it does work what do we have to do to make it so? Also a question of a headset mic vs tabletop. My client doesn’t care for headsets, but if a must have, a recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

Jim

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@eastersealscrossroads.org

eastersealscrossroads.org








--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart














moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>
 

Dictation and speech recognition or the same thing. When your computer reads text to you with a voice that speaks that is a speech sensitizer. When the computer listens to use speak that is speech recognition.

Randy Barnett

On Nov 10, 2020, at 1:19 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@twc.com> wrote:

Wait a minute, Windows speech that's not what my question was about. I think in this case I will be using the Cortana I think of speech speech is something that is reading you information.
On Nov 8, 2020, at 7:46 AM, Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@gmail.com> wrote:

I have successfully used the Windows Key and H to toggle windows speech recognition on and off.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10

So once you enable it which keystroke do you use to activate it when you actually need to dictate something? I will be upgrading to Windows 10 here in a few days and this would be great to know as I'm not a great typist.
On Nov 7, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hank,
In Windows 10:
Go to “Settings”
Go to “Ease of Access”
Tab once to get to list of items under “ease of Access”
Arrow down to “Interaction”
This will give you a list of four items
The top one is Speech
Tab over to the list of items to set up Speech Dictation.
Here you can turn on dictation and make other selections.
There are other options which you can access from this screen or under the “Time & Language” area in settings. This also has a ”speech” settings area.

You can leave dictation on or allow for sleep until you call for it.

Hope this helps.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10


Good morning,

How does a person go about activating and when done exiting this built into Win10 dictation software and from wherre can maybe a person find a tutorial on using this dictation software with jaws? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much thanks in advance for any possible help.







Kindest regards,

Hank


From: Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: dictation software

Hi,
I like the built in Speech Dictation in Windows 10. Like the Word “Dictate” add in it is just a basic program but responds well and is pretty accurate.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Rinehart
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: dictation software

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wishes to use some dictation software with JAWS. We have tried the new Dictate add-in with Word and JAWS. It works reasonably well, but seems to lack some of the “bells and whistles” like literal numbers or word and correction. But for get thoughts on a page and going back and “cleaning up, it is a good choice.

I get very mixed reviews on Dragon Naturally speaking and JAWS. I read everything from it works well to they don’t play nice together and it is difficult to set up.

Wondering about experiences anyone may have had trying to use Dragon with JAWS. My person is running JAWS 2020, and Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. If it does work what do we have to do to make it so? Also a question of a headset mic vs tabletop. My client doesn’t care for headsets, but if a must have, a recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

Jim

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@eastersealscrossroads.org

eastersealscrossroads.org








--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart









moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

Joseph Hudson
 

A keystroke would be what I would want to use. Just knowing exactly which one to use is the proper thing that I'm looking for.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com


Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Nov 8, 2020, at 3:22 PM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
You can give the software a spoken "wake up" command. Or you can use key stroke. At the moment the command to come out of sleep mode eludes me.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10

So once you enable it which keystroke do you use to activate it when you actually need to dictate something? I will be upgrading to Windows 10 here in a few days and this would be great to know as I'm not a great typist.
On Nov 7, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hank,
In Windows 10:
Go to “Settings”
Go to “Ease of Access”
Tab once to get to list of items under “ease of Access”
Arrow down to “Interaction”
This will give you a list of four items The top one is Speech Tab over
to the list of items to set up Speech Dictation.
Here you can turn on dictation and make other selections.
There are other options which you can access from this screen or under the “Time & Language” area in settings. This also has a ”speech” settings area.

You can leave dictation on or allow for sleep until you call for it.

Hope this helps.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hank
William Merchant
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10


Good morning,

How does a person go about activating and when done exiting this built into Win10 dictation software and from wherre can maybe a person find a tutorial on using this dictation software with jaws? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much thanks in advance for any possible help.







Kindest regards,

Hank


From: Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: dictation software

Hi,
I like the built in Speech Dictation in Windows 10. Like the Word “Dictate” add in it is just a basic program but responds well and is pretty accurate.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James
Rinehart
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: dictation software

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wishes to use some dictation software with JAWS. We have tried the new Dictate add-in with Word and JAWS. It works reasonably well, but seems to lack some of the “bells and whistles” like literal numbers or word and correction. But for get thoughts on a page and going back and “cleaning up, it is a good choice.

I get very mixed reviews on Dragon Naturally speaking and JAWS. I read everything from it works well to they don’t play nice together and it is difficult to set up.

Wondering about experiences anyone may have had trying to use Dragon with JAWS. My person is running JAWS 2020, and Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. If it does work what do we have to do to make it so? Also a question of a headset mic vs tabletop. My client doesn’t care for headsets, but if a must have, a recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

Jim

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@eastersealscrossroads.org

eastersealscrossroads.org








--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart









moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

Joseph Hudson
 

Hi thank you, I don't think I won't have any problems arrowing around and making any necessary corrections. As I have to do that quite often sometimes with my Mac.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@twc.com


Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Nov 8, 2020, at 8:16 AM, Ashleigh Piccinino <apiccinino@outlook.com> wrote:

Sorry, but I can’t remember the hotkey for using the dictation feature in JAWS. It works well, assuming you don’t have any weird words in your dictation. For example, when I used it quite a qhile back, I was writing my fictional stories, containing the word Digimon. The dictation brought that out as did your mom, so it’s not as accurate as you’d like to believe on that score. It’s pretty good though for people who need to use it/just can’t remember the hotkey.


On Nov 7, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Hank William Merchant <hank_w@xplornet.ca> wrote:



Good morning,

How does a person go about activating and when done exiting this built into Win10 dictation software and from wherre can maybe a person find a tutorial on using this dictation software with jaws? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much thanks in advance for any possible help.







Kindest regards,

Hank


From: Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: dictation software

Hi,
I like the built in Speech Dictation in Windows 10. Like the Word “Dictate” add in it is just a basic program but responds well and is pretty accurate.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Rinehart
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: dictation software

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wishes to use some dictation software with JAWS. We have tried the new Dictate add-in with Word and JAWS. It works reasonably well, but seems to lack some of the “bells and whistles” like literal numbers or word and correction. But for get thoughts on a page and going back and “cleaning up, it is a good choice.

I get very mixed reviews on Dragon Naturally speaking and JAWS. I read everything from it works well to they don’t play nice together and it is difficult to set up.

Wondering about experiences anyone may have had trying to use Dragon with JAWS. My person is running JAWS 2020, and Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. If it does work what do we have to do to make it so? Also a question of a headset mic vs tabletop. My client doesn’t care for headsets, but if a must have, a recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

Jim

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@eastersealscrossroads.org

eastersealscrossroads.org








--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart


moderated Re: the dictation software built into Win10

Joseph Hudson
 

Wait a minute, Windows speech that's not what my question was about. I think in this case I will be using the Cortana I think of speech speech is something that is reading you information.

On Nov 8, 2020, at 7:46 AM, Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@gmail.com> wrote:

I have successfully used the Windows Key and H to toggle windows speech recognition on and off.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Hudson
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 12:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10

So once you enable it which keystroke do you use to activate it when you actually need to dictate something? I will be upgrading to Windows 10 here in a few days and this would be great to know as I'm not a great typist.
On Nov 7, 2020, at 11:22 AM, Dan Longmore <danlongmore44@gmail.com> wrote:

Hank,
In Windows 10:
Go to “Settings”
Go to “Ease of Access”
Tab once to get to list of items under “ease of Access”
Arrow down to “Interaction”
This will give you a list of four items
The top one is Speech
Tab over to the list of items to set up Speech Dictation.
Here you can turn on dictation and make other selections.
There are other options which you can access from this screen or under the “Time & Language” area in settings. This also has a ”speech” settings area.

You can leave dictation on or allow for sleep until you call for it.

Hope this helps.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hank William Merchant
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 7:37 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the dictation software built into Win10


Good morning,

How does a person go about activating and when done exiting this built into Win10 dictation software and from wherre can maybe a person find a tutorial on using this dictation software with jaws? Any help I can maybe get with this would be so very much appreciated! Much thanks in advance for any possible help.







Kindest regards,

Hank


From: Dan Longmore
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: dictation software

Hi,
I like the built in Speech Dictation in Windows 10. Like the Word “Dictate” add in it is just a basic program but responds well and is pretty accurate.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Rinehart
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: dictation software

Hello everyone,

I have a client who wishes to use some dictation software with JAWS. We have tried the new Dictate add-in with Word and JAWS. It works reasonably well, but seems to lack some of the “bells and whistles” like literal numbers or word and correction. But for get thoughts on a page and going back and “cleaning up, it is a good choice.

I get very mixed reviews on Dragon Naturally speaking and JAWS. I read everything from it works well to they don’t play nice together and it is difficult to set up.

Wondering about experiences anyone may have had trying to use Dragon with JAWS. My person is running JAWS 2020, and Office 365 on a Windows 10 computer. If it does work what do we have to do to make it so? Also a question of a headset mic vs tabletop. My client doesn’t care for headsets, but if a must have, a recommendation for a reasonably priced one.

Thanks

Jim

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@eastersealscrossroads.org

eastersealscrossroads.org








--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart









moderated Re: rotate inbox

 

No one can answer your second question without a lot more information regarding what error message or messages you're receiving.

The first cannot be answered specifically without knowing the e-mail client, but it can be answered generally.  You need to be sorting your messages on date, so get focus on the column heading for date, which generally serves as a toggle button, and activate it.  This will cause the sort order to be on date, and if that ends up being in the opposite order of what you want, go back and activate it again, which switches the sort order.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
A more reliable way to locate running programs via braille commands is going to Taskbar (Windows+T) or opening Task View (Windows+Tab).
-
A repeat of Joseph Lee's instructions for users of Braille Commands and a note about what I post:  I never presume those are being used.

It's not that I don't realize that these exist, but the I've never yet had a blind client that uses them, so I always presume regular keyboard use as a default state.  I also presume that anyone using a non-standard interface (and, yes, that is non-standard) will be aware that this sometimes imposes constraints not otherwise present, what those constraints are, and, in most cases, what the workarounds are, if any exist.

I aim what I post at the dead center of the bell curve in the audience I'm addressing.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated rotate inbox

Amir Shah
 

Hi my  name is Amir shah I need help rotating my inbox where all my new emails was on top and my old emails was on the bottom. Can any help me please, and also why I can’t send emails out. I will appreciate any help thank you


moderated Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

Sharon
 

Yea, exactly. I can alt-tab between only two windows at a time, but no more than two windows.

So it works, but not on more than two windows.

Sharon

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

Hi there. I wonder if this will make a difference on how braille displays handle alt tabbing. Currently, you can only use the ALT tab keystroke to move between two open programs. If there are more, you can’t locate them with the display unless you use the Insert plus F10 keystroke. That may not work sometimes either.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

See article:  [Tip] Disable and Remove Microsoft Edge Tabs Showing in ALT+Tab Screen in Windows 10

If you want to cut straight to the chase, search the page for "Open Settings" which are the first two words of Step 1 in the step-by-step instructions.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

Hi,

A more reliable way to locate running programs via braille commands is going to Taskbar (Windows+T) or opening Task View (Windows+Tab).

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

Hi there. I wonder if this will make a difference on how braille displays handle alt tabbing. Currently, you can only use the ALT tab keystroke to move between two open programs. If there are more, you can’t locate them with the display unless you use the Insert plus F10 keystroke. That may not work sometimes either.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

See article:  [Tip] Disable and Remove Microsoft Edge Tabs Showing in ALT+Tab Screen in Windows 10

If you want to cut straight to the chase, search the page for "Open Settings" which are the first two words of Step 1 in the step-by-step instructions.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

Michael Mote
 

Hi there. I wonder if this will make a difference on how braille displays handle alt tabbing. Currently, you can only use the ALT tab keystroke to move between two open programs. If there are more, you can’t locate them with the display unless you use the Insert plus F10 keystroke. That may not work sometimes either.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

See article:  [Tip] Disable and Remove Microsoft Edge Tabs Showing in ALT+Tab Screen in Windows 10

If you want to cut straight to the chase, search the page for "Open Settings" which are the first two words of Step 1 in the step-by-step instructions.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

See article:  [Tip] Disable and Remove Microsoft Edge Tabs Showing in ALT+Tab Screen in Windows 10

If you want to cut straight to the chase, search the page for "Open Settings" which are the first two words of Step 1 in the step-by-step instructions.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


moderated Re: I broke my alt-tab how do I get it back?

 

What are your Windows Version and Build Numbers?   There is a change in ALT+TAB default behavior with the introduction of Version 20H2 and I suspect that's what's going on.  The settings you refer to have nothing to do with ALT+TAB behavior.

I don't want to get into the 20H2 "change back" steps unless I know you have 20H2.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

9781 - 9800 of 93058