Date   

pacmate display

mattias jonsson <mj@...>
 

I reed how to use a pacmate display with jaws
But what are foam keyboard stand
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150918/5f89db2e/attachment.html>


Re: JAWS 17 and Amazon

Pablo Morales
 

Using jaws 16, Well, in amazon I always have found problems like this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Gennie Eachus
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:48 PM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Gennie Eachus
Subject: JAWS 17 and Amazon

Hi,



Tried to buy a Kindle book from Amazon today. Could not find buy button. Had
to return to JAWS16 in order to buy the book. Never had problem buying books
before.



Gennie

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201509
17/545a984f/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Important notice for JAWS 17 beta testers using Windows 10: Microsoft Edge isn't still ready for prime time with JAWS

 

Hi all,

For those testing JAWS 17 public beta: Please note that Microsoft Edge still
isn't usable by JAWS users (please set Internet Explorer or other browser as
the default web browser). As of now, the following functionality isn't
there:

* No virtual cursor.

* No forms mode of any kind.

* No links/headings/forms/frames list (for example, if you press
JAWS+F7, you'll be asked to use caret browsing instead).

* No smart nav (haven't tested that far, but smart nav assumes you
can use navigation commands to navigate a document).

* Touch cursor may not be reliable in Edge (partly due to some weird
and broken UIA coding by Microsoft).

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/ebceb646/attachment.html>


Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Russell Solowoniuk
 

Hi Carolyn,

If I'm in my message list on a message that has been read, pressing CTRL + U
marks the message as "Unread". What did this keystroke do in the past? I've
never used it.

Take care.

Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:14 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net>
Subject: RE: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Russell, can you do Control U to go to Unread? I hope they get that back
like it was in
the one I used to have, no point calling names, ha.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell
Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:45 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Yes, when I was complaining about it earlier with Jaws 16 others told me
they were not
experiencing the issue either. I'm just glad it's working for me now! :)

Thanks,

Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:29 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell
Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:05 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Subject: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Hi all,

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in Outlook
2013, when
reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete the current message and
move to the next
message, Jaws is placed at the top of the next message, and I can read it as
expected
without first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as
I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: Laptop Portability?

john.falter
 

Hi Claudia: <http://podcast.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/episodes/fscast098-JAWS_Timed_License,Tablet_Computing.mp3>
Try this link:
Episode 98 - JAWS Timed License, Tablet Computing <http://podcast.freedomscientific.com/FSCast/episodes/fscast098-JAWS_Timed_License,Tablet_Computing.mp3>

On 9/16/2015 6:51 PM, Claudia via Jfw wrote:
How do I access this podcast?
Thanks.


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of john.falter
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:52 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: john.falter
Subject: Re: Laptop Portability?

Hi Claudia:
Check out the Freedom Scientific podcast 109.
Towards the end of the podcast are suggestions for small, powerful PCs.

On 9/16/2015 2:46 AM, Claudia via Jfw wrote:
Hi,

I am needing portability and looking for suggestions. I have a
15-inch Dell laptop, but I need something smaller, for when I'm
traveling for work or just for personal use.
I would like something like what I used to have, a netbook, because I
believe it had a 10 to 12-inch footprint.
I need a Windows machine, with a keyboard, of course, but a DVD burner
is not crucial.
I need it to be able to support Jaws and K1000, if I need that.
Is there such a thing, nowadays?
Thanks.

Claudia



_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: jaws16 and google crome?

Adrian Spratt
 

During the discussion on FSCast 113, I understood Eric Damari to say that Chrome and Firefox work well with Windows 10 and JAWS. Win10's built-in browser, Edge, Is not yet accessible and won't be until at least next year.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Carliss via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:12 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Carliss
Subject: jaws16 and google crome?

Hello Listers,

Will or does jaws16 work with google crome? I've heard no, but I played
around with it and I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, it might.

Thanks!





Carliss

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/b9f7182b/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


JAWS 17 no support for eudora

Ann Byrne
 

As in JAWS 16, JAWS 17 has no support for Eudora. the scripts from JAWS 15 still work, though.


Re: installing JAWS 17

Dave...
 

Ann,

Nice catch. Thanks for reporting this. I'm holding off for now.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Byrne via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 06:03 PM
Subject: installing JAWS 17


After installing JAWS 17, my authorized copy of JAWS 16 Home Edition
became a demo of JAWS 16 Professional, and JAWS 17 is a demo as well.

And, yes, I reported it. And asked for a stinkin' count
reset. Isn't this fun????


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


installing JAWS 17

Ann Byrne
 

After installing JAWS 17, my authorized copy of JAWS 16 Home Edition became a demo of JAWS 16 Professional, and JAWS 17 is a demo as well.

And, yes, I reported it. And asked for a stinkin' count reset. Isn't this fun????


JAWS 17 and Amazon

Gennie Eachus <geachus@...>
 

Hi,



Tried to buy a Kindle book from Amazon today. Could not find buy button. Had
to return to JAWS16 in order to buy the book. Never had problem buying books
before.



Gennie

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/545a984f/attachment.html>


Re: jaws16 and google crome?

Tim Ford
 

I use Chrome, not all the time, but when I do, it seems more stable than IE or Firefox. I do not know much about how to do other than standard stuff with the Chrome browser, so I cannot vouch for its general accessibility. I will warn you that it operates differently in most respects due to its different menu structure.

Tim Ford

-----Original Message-----
From: Carliss via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:12 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Carliss
Subject: jaws16 and google crome?

Hello Listers,

Will or does jaws16 work with google crome? I've heard no, but I played
around with it and I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, it might.

Thanks!





Carliss

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/b9f7182b/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


jaws16 and google crome?

Carliss
 

Hello Listers,

Will or does jaws16 work with google crome? I've heard no, but I played
around with it and I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, it might.

Thanks!





Carliss

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/b9f7182b/attachment.html>


Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>
 

Thank you. I tried it, and it worked for me.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan Song via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:38 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan Song <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

When you do CTRL y to list your folders in outlook, and down arrow past your folders, if
you focus on one, for example, jaws-users folder, it should say jaws-users 824 unread
messages. You then can press enter to go into the folder, tab until you hear unread
button, press spacebar on that and all of the unread messages will only appear.

On 9/17/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
What I wish we could have in Outlook 2013 is the ability to see how
many messages are in a box, how many are unread and the ability to
Navigate to the Unread messages with Control U. First letter
navigation wouldn't be a bad thing either. As well as I'm wishing, I
might as well wish for what I would really like to have.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan
Song via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:40 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan Song <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Actually, CTRL u was awesome from back in the day. That as they say
is an oldy but goody. However, in outlook 2013, one has the ability
to only display all or unread messages. That drove me nuts with
previous versions of outlook when navigating through emails just to
locate unread emails.

On 9/17/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I can too, Kimsan. But I'm glad it works with 17 for those who could not.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:29 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell
Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:05 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Subject: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Hi all,

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in
Outlook 2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete
the current message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at
the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected without
first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: Pasting a command line into the command line window

Tony
 

There used to be a function key to do this. Jaws can't see it so I don't
know if it is still there.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Bill White via
Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:05 PM
To: jfw mailing list
Cc: Bill White
Subject: Pasting a command line into the command line window

Can someone tell me how to paste a command line into the "DOS" command line
from the clipboard.

When I try to use the CONTROL plus V method, it just gives me a caret.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 12268 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201509
17/6dc3c3cc/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: How to paste into the Windows Command Line

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
 

Hi, Soronel. I use Windows XP, and if I Right Click in the command window, the paste option says unavailable.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Soronel Haetir via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: How to paste into the Windows Command Line


An easier way is to just right click in the command window.

On 9/17/15, Bill White via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
A little while ago I wrote to ask how to perform a paste operation in the
Windows command line. I found the answer, and am posting it here, in case
anyone else might want to use it later.

How To Paste Into The Windows Command Line




1. Copy to the clipboard what you want to paste into the command line.

2. Open the command line.

3. Use ALT plus SPACE to bring up a menu.

4. Press the letter E to bring up the Edit submenu.

5. Press the letter P to perform the Paste operation.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 12269 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/5afe167f/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12269 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12269 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: How to paste into the Windows Command Line

Soronel Haetir
 

An easier way is to just right click in the command window.

On 9/17/15, Bill White via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
A little while ago I wrote to ask how to perform a paste operation in the
Windows command line. I found the answer, and am posting it here, in case
anyone else might want to use it later.

How To Paste Into The Windows Command Line




1. Copy to the clipboard what you want to paste into the command line.

2. Open the command line.

3. Use ALT plus SPACE to bring up a menu.

4. Press the letter E to bring up the Edit submenu.

5. Press the letter P to perform the Paste operation.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 12269 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/5afe167f/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com


Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Kimsan Song <kimsansong@...>
 

When you do CTRL y to list your folders in outlook, and down arrow
past your folders, if you focus on one, for example, jaws-users
folder, it should say jaws-users 824 unread messages. You then can
press enter to go into the folder, tab until you hear unread button,
press spacebar on that and all of the unread messages will only
appear.

On 9/17/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
What I wish we could have in Outlook 2013 is the ability to see how many
messages are in a
box, how many are unread and the ability to Navigate to the Unread messages
with Control
U. First letter navigation wouldn't be a bad thing either. As well as I'm
wishing, I might
as well wish for what I would really like to have.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan Song
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:40 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan Song <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Actually, CTRL u was awesome from back in the day. That as they say is an
oldy but
goody. However, in outlook 2013, one has the ability to only display all or
unread
messages. That drove me nuts with previous versions of outlook when
navigating through
emails just to locate unread emails.

On 9/17/15, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I can too, Kimsan. But I'm glad it works with 17 for those who could not.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kimsan
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 11:29 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Kimsan <kimsansong@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Interesting, I can do that here in outlook 2013 using jfw 16...
-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell
Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:05 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.' <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Subject: Jaws 17 pleasant surprise

Hi all,

I just installed the Jaws 17 beta. I am happy to announce that in
Outlook 2013, when reading messages, when I press CTRL + D to delete
the current message and move to the next message, Jaws is placed at
the top of the next message, and I can read it as expected without
first having to press the Alt key twice or alt tab away and back to
the message as I had to do in Jaws 16!
For me, this is worth the upgrade in and of itself! Good job FS! :)

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Jaws 17.

Happy testing! :)

Russell


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Question on IE 11

Tom Macha <toml614@...>
 

Hello my name is tom. I have noticed that reasontly IE 11 is reading, "Unknown script called to go back." When ever I use the ault left arro key. What is the issue? I am sure this is an IE 11 issue because; I have tried google and it works fine. However; I prefer IE. Thanks,Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Claudia via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:51 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Claudia
Subject: RE: Laptop Portability?

How do I access this podcast?
Thanks.


-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of john.falter
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:52 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: john.falter
Subject: Re: Laptop Portability?

Hi Claudia:
Check out the Freedom Scientific podcast 109.
Towards the end of the podcast are suggestions for small, powerful PCs.

On 9/16/2015 2:46 AM, Claudia via Jfw wrote:
Hi,

I am needing portability and looking for suggestions. I have a
15-inch Dell laptop, but I need something smaller, for when I'm
traveling for work or just for personal use.
I would like something like what I used to have, a netbook, because I
believe it had a 10 to 12-inch footprint.
I need a Windows machine, with a keyboard, of course, but a DVD burner
is not crucial.
I need it to be able to support Jaws and K1000, if I need that.
Is there such a thing, nowadays?
Thanks.

Claudia



_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


How to paste into the Windows Command Line

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
 

A little while ago I wrote to ask how to perform a paste operation in the Windows command line. I found the answer, and am posting it here, in case anyone else might want to use it later.

How To Paste Into The Windows Command Line




1. Copy to the clipboard what you want to paste into the command line.

2. Open the command line.

3. Use ALT plus SPACE to bring up a menu.

4. Press the letter E to bring up the Edit submenu.

5. Press the letter P to perform the Paste operation.

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12269 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/5afe167f/attachment.html>


Pasting a command line into the command line window

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
 

Can someone tell me how to paste a command line into the "DOS" command line from the clipboard.

When I try to use the CONTROL plus V method, it just gives me a caret.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12268 (20150917) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150917/6dc3c3cc/attachment.html>