Date   

mlb audio and edge

Tim Grady
 

Does anybody have mlb audio working with edge? If so could they tell me
what to enable to get edge to work?


Re: New Blind users group

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

The owner address, is not receive messages from nonsubscribers I don't think.

On Oct 11, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

Thanks, Mario; disregard the one I posted. BlindLife+owner@groups.io

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group

Donna, here it is... blindlife+subscribe@groups.io

-------- Original Message --------
From: Donna [mailto:mermaid7@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, Oct 11, 2017 12:59 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: New Blind users group

Can someone provide the link to the blind life group?

Donna

I'm still on the fence--while acknowledging possibly duplicate topics, etc.., I realize that some posters won't be in BlindLife, and it might be interesting to hear other points of view--I probably will subscribe; I'll give it a day for a decision, probably sign up tonight sometime.





Sandra

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar.
(Helen Keller)
-----Original Message----- From: Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group

I did, but am wondering if it will be superfluous with Blind Life.

Best from,

Carolyn
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group

Hey there, sounds great!
I just subscribed to the group.

From: David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group


Hi!

The address to subscribe is:

Blind-users+subscribe@groups.io

You will get a confermation message, reply to that message, and you will get a welcome message.

After you subscribe, to send a message:

Blind-users@groups.io

The +subscribe was left off of the link that was in the message to subscribe.

I am subscribed, and there are three members LOL!

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10



From: dennis
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group



i can't seam to subscribe to this group.



On 10/10/2017 8:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.
Life issues, Computer issues, Tech in general. Basically if it has to do
with blindness in any way it is allowed.


blind-users@groups.io


I have seen other posts like this but if it is not allowed I apoligize.







<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free. www.avast.com
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>
















.








Re: New Blind users group

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>
 

The blind life home page is the following.

https://groups.io/g/BlindLifeOn Oct 11, 2017, at 11:59 AM, Donna <mermaid7@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Can someone provide the link to the blind life group?

Donna

I'm still on the fence--while acknowledging possibly duplicate topics, etc.., I realize that some posters won't be in BlindLife, and it might be interesting to hear other points of view--I probably will subscribe; I'll give it a day for a decision, probably sign up tonight sometime.





Sandra

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar.
(Helen Keller)
-----Original Message----- From: Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group

I did, but am wondering if it will be superfluous with Blind Life.

Best from,

Carolyn
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group

Hey there, sounds great!
I just subscribed to the group.

From: David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group


Hi!

The address to subscribe is:

Blind-users+subscribe@groups.io

You will get a confermation message, reply to that message, and you will get a welcome message.

After you subscribe, to send a message:

Blind-users@groups.io

The +subscribe was left off of the link that was in the message to subscribe.

I am subscribed, and there are three members LOL!

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10



From: dennis
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 9:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Blind users group



i can't seam to subscribe to this group.



On 10/10/2017 8:08 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related. Life issues, Computer issues, Tech in general. Basically if it has to do with blindness in any way it is allowed.


blind-users@groups.io


I have seen other posts like this but if it is not allowed I apoligize.







<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>

Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>













Re: outlook meeting request,

Kane Brolin
 

Hi, David. I use Outlook 2013, which is pretty similar to Outlook 2010.

First, hit the Alt key; that takes you to the ribbons. Then type h,
which takes you to the Home tab. Then type c, if your intention is to
confirm acceptance of the appointment. After that, your client has
two options: To send the meeting acceptance without editing (by typing
the letter s), or to add a comment to the confirmation (by typing e
and then filling the edit box that pops up immediately thereafter.)

If your client wishes to decline a meeting invitation, following the
Alt followed by h, he or she can do this simply by tabbing to the
appropriate item in the Outlook menus and then hitting Enter once the
Decline button is reached. I'm not exactly sure how to specify a
decline upfront simply through a sequence of typed keys. But the
fields applying to confirming or declining an appointment are well
labeled for screen access in Outlook. So he or she shouldn't have a
problem after having navigated to the proper tab.

-Kane


Re: Ripping a CD

 

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:38 am, Randy Barnett wrote:
This is why I figured she had a non comercial burned disk or something.
Well, I presumed complete beginner.   If the situation you describe is the case then my approach is always just to rip it first then do the cleanup on the files ripped afterward.   It's been a very long time since I last had to do this, but if memory serves, audio CDs that WMP cannot find media information for will end up under the "Various Artists" folder and get some sort of generic title like "Album 1".  I find it a grand PITA to try to do the track name creation in WMP so after I get to the folder for Various Artists I just rename the folder for the album I just ripped to something that makes sense to me, then I open that folder and go track by track and rename the individual files.  I find file explorer much easier to use for that task.

Others will, however, prefer to do it in WMP.   It's been so long since I've done that for any reason I can't even begin to describe the process.  I'd have to get a mix CD that someone made for me and try it again.
 
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

 
If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker


outlook meeting request,

david
 

Good afternoon to everyone,

On behalf of a client,

She’s wanting to know, in outlook 2010, how does one except a meeting request? In advance, thank you.

 

 

 


Re: Ripping a CD

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

This is why I figured she had a non comercial burned disk or something.
On 10/15/2017 8:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I've used Windows Media Player (WMP) for years and still do under Windows 10.

Unless you have a very rare album or you are currently sans internet connection it will go out and retrieve the album information, including all track names, for you.

I just use the Rip option and, in fact, have WMP set up to automatically rip CDs when I put them in rather than play them.  I tweaked the rip settings to use 320 Kbps bit rate mp3 encoding as the default as I'm wanting to create MP3 files.  Other file formats are available.

Once you set up everything as you want it for your first CD, if you then set up WMP to automatically rip, you just keep putting in the next CD and it will automatically rip it.  I can count the CDs on less than two hands that have ever not come up with media information including the album art.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

 
If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker


-- 
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or. 


Re: Omnipage Ultimate, Windows 10 & JAWS

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>
 

I also did not care for the level of accessibility of OmniPage 18 as a standalone application. However, I found that the Word plugin was very accessible, and this is how I primarily use OmniPage. Go to the Nuance tab on the ribbon UI and select Acquire Text. Works great for OCR.

Are you trying to use OmniPage as a standalone app?
-Paul

On Oct 16, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Dale Heltzer <deheltzer@msn.com> wrote:

Suddenly my Omnipage 17 no longer works with Windows 10. Previously, I tried Omnipage 18, which did not play well with JAWS. Is anyone using Omn. Ultimate (V19)?
Thanks
-D

Dale E. Heltzer
deheltzer@msn.com

Why in the world are we here?
Surely not to live in pain and fear
- John Lennon, “Instant Karma!”


-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Well, we’re getting pretty far off topic here. But I don’t see why you’d need multiple copies of Office. If you’ve already got it running on your Windows system, then just use it on your Windows system.

There are some tasks that non-Windows systems are better suited for. Setting up a web server, for example, is tons easier on a Mac or Linux machine than on a Windows system, in my experience. I find that the benefit of using the right computer for a project far outweighs the cost of learning different operating systems.

Your mileage may vary.
-Paul

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running
two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You
would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.









Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>
 

Just because he has Office running on a Windows system which maybe a desktop doesn't mean he may not need it on his Mac laptop. I have 4 desktops at my retail store and a laptop and while all of my computers are Windows computers I need Office on all of them. There is a reason why with an Office 365 membership you are allowed to install Office on up to 5 computers.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Well, we’re getting pretty far off topic here. But I don’t see why you’d need multiple copies of Office. If you’ve already got it running on your Windows system, then just use it on your Windows system.

There are some tasks that non-Windows systems are better suited for. Setting up a web server, for example, is tons easier on a Mac or Linux machine than on a Windows system, in my experience. I find that the benefit of using the right computer for a project far outweighs the cost of learning different operating systems.

Your mileage may vary.
-Paul

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running
two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You
would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.




Omnipage Ultimate, Windows 10 & JAWS

Dale Heltzer
 

Suddenly my Omnipage 17 no longer works with Windows 10. Previously, I tried Omnipage 18, which did not play well with JAWS. Is anyone using Omn. Ultimate (V19)?
Thanks
-D

Dale E. Heltzer
deheltzer@msn.com

Why in the world are we here?
Surely not to live in pain and fear
- John Lennon, “Instant Karma!”

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Well, we’re getting pretty far off topic here. But I don’t see why you’d need multiple copies of Office. If you’ve already got it running on your Windows system, then just use it on your Windows system.

There are some tasks that non-Windows systems are better suited for. Setting up a web server, for example, is tons easier on a Mac or Linux machine than on a Windows system, in my experience. I find that the benefit of using the right computer for a project far outweighs the cost of learning different operating systems.

Your mileage may vary.
-Paul

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running
two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You
would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.




Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>
 

Well, we’re getting pretty far off topic here. But I don’t see why you’d need multiple copies of Office. If you’ve already got it running on your Windows system, then just use it on your Windows system.

There are some tasks that non-Windows systems are better suited for. Setting up a web server, for example, is tons easier on a Mac or Linux machine than on a Windows system, in my experience. I find that the benefit of using the right computer for a project far outweighs the cost of learning different operating systems.

Your mileage may vary.
-Paul

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :)
Just wondering. ;)
On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?

--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.




Re: Help with Excel! Please!

Shirley Tracy
 

Shirley Tracy

---- george b <gbmagoo@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
when you land on the mentened cells do a applications key and arrow down to format cells and then take the check out of the box to unmerge those 3 cells

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: October 16, 2017 7:09
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help with Excel! Please!

Hi everyone.

I am not knowledgeable in using excel. I taught myself how to work with spread sheets to keep my personal bank balance. Today, I have been asked to update our writers groups roster. It went smoothely until I reached row 22, column B. JAWS reads this as B22 through B24. When I tried to enter a different item in row 23, the same item shows up for row 22. I need to have different items--not the same. Obviously, you can't train me on excel with this list, but can someone just tell me how to change this one thing to fix it? I assume someone must have set it this way. How do I get out of it?

Thank you for any help. Or you can contact me off list. stracy5@tampabay.rr.com. Thank you.

Shirley


Re: Help with Excel! Please!

george b <gbmagoo@...>
 

when you land on the mentened cells do a applications key and arrow down to format cells and then take the check out of the box to unmerge those 3 cells

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: October 16, 2017 7:09
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Help with Excel! Please!

Hi everyone.

I am not knowledgeable in using excel. I taught myself how to work with spread sheets to keep my personal bank balance. Today, I have been asked to update our writers groups roster. It went smoothely until I reached row 22, column B. JAWS reads this as B22 through B24. When I tried to enter a different item in row 23, the same item shows up for row 22. I need to have different items--not the same. Obviously, you can't train me on excel with this list, but can someone just tell me how to change this one thing to fix it? I assume someone must have set it this way. How do I get out of it?

Thank you for any help. Or you can contact me off list. stracy5@tampabay.rr.com. Thank you.

Shirley


Help with Excel! Please!

Shirley Tracy
 

Hi everyone.

I am not knowledgeable in using excel. I taught myself how to work with spread sheets to keep my personal bank balance. Today, I have been asked to update our writers groups roster. It went smoothely until I reached row 22, column B. JAWS reads this as B22 through B24. When I tried to enter a different item in row 23, the same item shows up for row 22. I need to have different items--not the same. Obviously, you can't train me on excel with this list, but can someone just tell me how to change this one thing to fix it? I assume someone must have set it this way. How do I get out of it?

Thank you for any help. Or you can contact me off list. stracy5@tampabay.rr.com. Thank you.

Shirley


Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Owais Patel <owaisipatel@...>
 

Hi there. I wouldn't recommend Vm Fusion because it's a Virtual Machine that doesn't restart the computer. I know you'll that's a good thing because it quicker but on the Mac side you run Voiceover which once you switch turns off or if it runs for a little bitthen you'll get into trouble with commands and until you don't get sed to you'll be unning 2 Screen readws at once. Bootcamp devides your Computer internal drive into 2 parts that way the operating ystem you run get the complete power at once on the computer.

Sincerely,
Owais

On Oct 16, 2017, at 5:24 AM, Cynthia Bruce <cynthia.bruce@bellaliant.net> wrote:

Is the a particular reason no one is recommending VM fusion? My intent in possibly switching to a Mac is so that I can access all my reading platforms on on machine So, I'm not terribly interested in always having to reboot when I need to switch platforms.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: October 15, 2017 10:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?


--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.








Re: Jaws With A MacBook

John Covici
 

I have vmware fusion and its pretty good, sometimes the keyboard
translations get in the way, particularly if you need caps lock for
your modifier key. You also need a pretty hefty machine in order to
have a decent amount of memory in your virtual machine.

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 07:24:17 -0400,
Cynthia Bruce wrote:

Is the a particular reason no one is recommending VM fusion? My intent in possibly switching to a Mac is so that I can access all my reading platforms on on machine So, I'm not terribly interested in always having to reboot when I need to switch platforms.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: October 15, 2017 10:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?


--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.








--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com


Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Cynthia Bruce
 

Is the a particular reason no one is recommending VM fusion? My intent in possibly switching to a Mac is so that I can access all my reading platforms on on machine So, I'm not terribly interested in always having to reboot when I need to switch platforms.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: October 15, 2017 10:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws With A MacBook

Why would you want to spend the money and time learning and running two totally different OS's?Nothing between the two are compatible. You would have to buy two versions of your software. Windows for instance would be a 100.00 purchase then Office for each OS and so on. Just doesnt make sense to me. :) Not saying that that matters People are free to do as they please! :) Just wondering. ;) On 10/15/2017 6:04 PM, Paul Martz wrote:
maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run both Mac OS X and a second (or third) operating system via Bootcamp or parallels. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that you buy a Mac, wipe it, and run Windows as the sole OS.
-Paul

On Oct 14, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Randy Barnett <randy@soundtique.net> wrote:

What is the reason for buying a Mac? If you just want too run windows on it you will spend way more money going this route and wont see any better performance.
On 10/14/2017 10:20 AM, Owais Patel wrote:
Hi there everyone. Thanks for answering my question. If I get a Mac and install Jaws on the Windows side how can I make my keyboard work like a Pc? Or would you recommend to get a Microsoft Keyboard? What would you say about the Touch screen Support in Jaws with regards to the Mac? Is it sensitive enough and if I get the Mac with a Touch Bar what is the recommendation in this situation for installing Jaws?


--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.


Re: Ripping a CD

Chris
 

If you managed to rip the cd which I assumed you have from your post

The files should be in the music folder in this PC

 

 

From: Elaine Young
Sent: 16 October 2017 01:53
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Ripping a CD

 

Hi all, I am a real novice here so be kind and basic with me, please.

 

 

I am trying to figure out by hit or miss how to rip a CD with my Windows

10 computer and Jaws 18. I have managed to rip the CD and I know it is

in my Windows Media player. I actually found it there once, by hit or

miss, but for the life of me, I can't find it again. Can someone help me

understand the files and folders or whatever it is that I need to

navigate through to find this ripped music CD?

 

 

And then I will want to name it, it is untitled which I assume I can do

with the F2, and then....  can I cut/copy  and paste it to a thumb drive

or even a SD card so I can play it on something other than my computer?

 

 

This is all new Territory for me and feels so intimidating.

 

 

Thanks for any help you can give me!

 

 

-Elaine

 

--

 

The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us. - C. S. Lewis

 

____________________________________________________________

How To Remove Eye Bags & Lip Lines Fast (Watch)

Fit Mom Daily

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/59e3f75b3d6d6775a7081st04duc

 

 

 


Re: Ripping a CD

 

I've used Windows Media Player (WMP) for years and still do under Windows 10.

Unless you have a very rare album or you are currently sans internet connection it will go out and retrieve the album information, including all track names, for you.

I just use the Rip option and, in fact, have WMP set up to automatically rip CDs when I put them in rather than play them.  I tweaked the rip settings to use 320 Kbps bit rate mp3 encoding as the default as I'm wanting to create MP3 files.  Other file formats are available.

Once you set up everything as you want it for your first CD, if you then set up WMP to automatically rip, you just keep putting in the next CD and it will automatically rip it.  I can count the CDs on less than two hands that have ever not come up with media information including the album art.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

 
If you don't like someone, the way he holds his spoon will make you furious; if you do like him, he can turn his plate over into your lap and you won't mind.     ~ Irving Becker


Re: Ripping a CD

Dave...
 


Usually if an internet connection is available, it will suggest the album and artist for you, and you don't even need to do the song titles.
 
Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer
 
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 18:27
Subject: Re: Ripping a CD

Well, in media player it should be under untitled in the artist view. once you find it you will hav to name it with the mp3 editor. I havent used WMP for this in a long time so bear with me...
Once you have found the songs right click (shift + F10) then arrow to edit song information or something simular. press enter then fill in the boxes for artist and song.  If this isnt working for you just google "how to rename songs in Windoes media player". This will give you tutorials on how to do this.

Once you have fixed the artist and song info you will have to go to your music folder and find them and rename the files as they will all be "untitled.
Go to your c: drive then users then your user name then music. Look around in there until you find the untitled cd. You will have to play each track to figure out witch one it is then rename it useing F2.
In the future make sure you add the artist and song info when you rip the cd it is way easier that way! :)
On 10/15/2017 5:03 PM, Elaine Young wrote:
> Hi all, I am a real novice here so be kind and basic with me, > please. > > > I am trying to figure out by hit or miss how to rip a CD with my > Windows 10 computer and Jaws 18. I have managed to rip the CD and I > know it is in my Windows Media player. I actually found it there > once, by hit or miss, but for the life of me, I can't find it again. > Can someone help me understand the files and folders or whatever it > is that I need to navigate through to find this ripped music CD? > > > And then I will want to name it, it is untitled which I assume I can > do with the F2, and then.... can I cut/copy and paste it to a thumb > drive or even a SD card so I can play it on something other than my > computer? > > > This is all new Territory for me and feels so intimidating. > > > Thanks for any help you can give me! > > > -Elaine >
--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
Grants Pass, Or.