Date   

moderated Re: drag and drop instructions

Tom X <ballistic622@...>
 

Firstly, thanks to those who answered my query about drag and drop.


A number of possible solutions, including one supplied by Mike and others found with Google, were tried but nothing worked.


Secondly,I am attempting to rearrange some accounts in Thunderbird and drag and drop seems to be the method used.


It appears that the easiest solution may be to get a pair of eyes to do it.


Cheers


Tom

On 2/07/2022 2:58 pm, Curtis Chong wrote:
The question is, why do need to do a drag and drop? Isn’t there an alternate procedure?


On Jul 1, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:

I just tried drag and drop on my windows 10 system and it didn't work, in fact it made such a mess of things that I am going to have to restart just to clean it all up.

Go figure!
Gene...


On 7/1/2022 9:49 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Tom,
About the only place I drag and drop is on the Taskbar, but this is the best method I've learned of for Windows 10. Below Win10's steps will be the keystroke for Win11, and you can always try the Win10 keystroke with Win11 in other areas than the Taskbar.
Win10:
From: Sieghard Weitzel
With Jaws 2021 or 2022 I can drag and drop anything at will and in seconds, not sure why this doesn't work for you and I'm not saying drag and drop
works everywhere, but on the taskbar it works 100% of the time and it's
simply a matter of going to the icon you want to drag, pressing the,
Control + Jaws Key + NumPad Slash key combination, arrowing to where you want to
drop it and pressing the key combination again.
Sieghard
Win11:
From: Ben Moxey
Windows 11 has dedicated keystrokes built-in for moving taskbar icons. Simply hold Alt and Shift, and use your left and right arrows. Note that your screen
reader doesn’t announce that it’s moving them at this stage, but it works.
Ben
Stay safe and take care. Mike.
PSA Folks: You can still get gas for under a dollar fifty at Taco Bell!
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Tom X via groups.io <mailto:ballistic622@...>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Friday, July 01, 2022 5:22 PM
*Subject:* drag and drop instructions
Hi,
Using Jaws 22, how do I use the drag and drop command?
Is there anything to be aware of?
Thanks
Tom







moderated Re: Ribbon help in 2022

Morey Worthington
 

that  sounds great david, will give it a effort, and sure do appreciate it.

--
Morey Worthington


moderated FW: [tech-vi Announce List] Just Announced at the ACB Convention: Special: JAWS Home Annual License 20% DiscountFor 3 or 5 Year Renewals

Kestrel Verlager <kestrell@...>
 

Freedom Scientific sure doesn’t make it easy to actually locate and purchase these specials, though: I’ve just spent the past half-hour attempting to renew my Jaws subscription. K.

 

From: tech-vi@groups.io <tech-vi@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Goldfield
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 11:20 AM
To: Tech-VI Announcement List <tech-vi@groups.io>
Subject: [tech-vi Announce List] Just Announced at the ACB Convention: Special: JAWS Home Annual License 20% DiscountFor 3 or 5 Year Renewals

 

This was mentioned during Freedom Scientific’s session covering new features in JAWS, currently streaming on ACB Media 5 as I write this. According to their announcement you can purchase a JAWS home annual license for 3 or 5 years at a 20% discount. I’m uncertain if this special ends on July 31 along with their other specials and I have not yet checked to verify whether this discount also applies to Fusion or Zoomtext. As a reminder several hardware magnification products are also being temporarily offered at discounted prices. In addition, an OpenBook license is being offered for only $195.00 and the Pearl Camera is available for $200.00.

 

https://vispero.com/events/acb-2022/

David Goldfield,

Blindness Assistive Technology Specialist

NVDA Certified Expert

 

Subscribe to the Tech-VI announcement list to receive news, events and information regarding the blindness assistive technology field.

Email: tech-vi+subscribe@groups.io

www.DavidGoldfield.org

 


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Curtis Chong
 

It's a great reason to switch to the JAWS Home Annual License, available for
$95 per year.

Curtis

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of William
Vandervest
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2022 8:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

I just checked my sma and a renewal would cost $210.00, big bummer


William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

u

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike
Pietruk
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gerald

I haven't seen any discounts offered this convention season for Jaws.
Generally, the most cost effective way to purchase a SMA is to renew for 2
years instead of 1 at the time of renewal.
As I'm set through the 2024 upgrade, it shows me no prices when looking at
the upgrade page.


moderated Re: Ribbon help in 2022

David Kingsbury
 

Hi Morey,

There is no difference navigating ribbons from one JAWS version to another. My guess is that your ribbons are minimized rather than maximized. Get onto the upper ribbon by pressing Alt, and then press Control F1 to maximize them. They should then behave properly.

David


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

William Vandervest
 

My sma is good for jfw 2022 so it hasn't expired yet


William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

u

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

You probably let your SMAs expire, they do charge you for that.

Gene...


On 7/2/2022 10:34 AM, William Vandervest wrote:
I just checked my sma and a renewal would cost $210.00, big bummer


William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

u

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike
Pietruk
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gerald

I haven't seen any discounts offered this convention season for Jaws.
Generally, the most cost effective way to purchase a SMA is to renew for 2
years instead of 1 at the time of renewal.
As I'm set through the 2024 upgrade, it shows me no prices when looking at
the upgrade page.












moderated Re: Firefox 102 workaround for JAWS Users

JM Casey
 

Hello.

Ah. So, still an extra keystroke here, but, not only does what you described work...but you can turn off the virtual cursor 8after* hitting the context menu/right click to access the menu. In other words, do what you would normally do, accessing the right click menu on a link by whatever means you choose -- JAWS will not say anything, but Firefox should make the activation sound if you have those enabled. Then, turn off the virtual cursor,a nd hit the down arrow...you'll see your menu options.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: July 1, 2022 06:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Firefox 102 workaround for JAWS Users

Greetings and salutations:

If one has to use Firefox 102, for whatever reason, there really is a work-around to the inability to read the context menu you open up when you right click on a link.

Focus on the link with the virtual cursor for JAWS turned on. Now, with Insert z, turn off the virtual cursor and tab back and forth until you are sure you are focused on the correct link. Then, activate the right click function (Shift F10 in my case). Use arrow keys to review the menu.

The JAWS latest update seems to have broken something inasmuch as, with NVDA, this work-around is not necessary.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gene Warner
 

You probably let your SMAs expire, they do charge you for that.

Gene...

On 7/2/2022 10:34 AM, William Vandervest wrote:
I just checked my sma and a renewal would cost $210.00, big bummer
William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision
There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
William Vandervest
u
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike
Pietruk
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License
Gerald
I haven't seen any discounts offered this convention season for Jaws.
Generally, the most cost effective way to purchase a SMA is to renew for 2
years instead of 1 at the time of renewal.
As I'm set through the 2024 upgrade, it shows me no prices when looking at
the upgrade page.


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

William Vandervest
 

I just checked my sma and a renewal would cost $210.00, big bummer


William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

u

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike
Pietruk
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 10:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gerald

I haven't seen any discounts offered this convention season for Jaws.
Generally, the most cost effective way to purchase a SMA is to renew for 2
years instead of 1 at the time of renewal.
As I'm set through the 2024 upgrade, it shows me no prices when looking at
the upgrade page.


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Mike Pietruk
 

Gerald

I haven't seen any discounts offered this convention season for Jaws.
Generally, the most cost effective way to purchase a SMA is to renew for 2
years instead of 1 at the time of renewal.
As I'm set through the 2024 upgrade, it shows me no prices when looking at
the upgrade page.


moderated Re: Ribbon help in 2022

Morey Worthington
 

Thanks Brian, will check them out and appreciate you taking the time.

--
Morey Worthington


moderated Re: Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gene Warner
 

I just finished listing to the latest FSCast and the only discount they mentioned offering was for people using SMAs. I would take them up on the offer except that I currently have two more upgrades available and I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

I would suggest that you give them a call or email them and ask about annual license discounts.

Gene...

On 7/2/2022 9:03 AM, Gerald Levy via groups.io wrote:
Happy holiday, fellow list members.  With the annual NFB and ACB conventions right around the corner,does anyone know whether Vispero/Freedom Scientific is planning  to offer discounts on annual home JAWS licenses?  Last year during the conventions, the price of a one-year JAWS license was reduced from the regular price of $95 to the discounted price of $76.  What about discounted prices for SMA renewals?  Thanks.
        Gerald


moderated Re: drag and drop instructions

Gene Warner
 

I was trying to move the Pop Peeper icon to be in the first position in the notification area of the task bar and as far as I know, for Windows 10, drag and drop is the only way I can find. I am sure it could be done with some registry edits, but nobody seems to know what those edits are so drag and drop is the only option for now.

After I tried to drag and drop the Pop Peeper icon, it sounded like it got paired with the JAWS icon because those two were always read together.

Gene...

On 7/2/2022 12:58 AM, Curtis Chong wrote:
The question is, why do need to do a drag and drop? Isn’t there an alternate procedure?
On Jul 1, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:
I just tried drag and drop on my windows 10 system and it didn't work, in fact it made such a mess of things that I am going to have to restart just to clean it all up.
Go figure!
Gene...
On 7/1/2022 9:49 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Tom,
About the only place I drag and drop is on the Taskbar, but this is the best method I've learned of for Windows 10. Below Win10's steps will be the keystroke for Win11, and you can always try the Win10 keystroke with Win11 in other areas than the Taskbar.
Win10:
From: Sieghard Weitzel
With Jaws 2021 or 2022 I can drag and drop anything at will and in seconds, not sure why this doesn't work for you and I'm not saying drag and drop
works everywhere, but on the taskbar it works 100% of the time and it's
simply a matter of going to the icon you want to drag, pressing the,
Control + Jaws Key + NumPad Slash key combination, arrowing to where you want to
drop it and pressing the key combination again.
Sieghard
Win11:
From: Ben Moxey
Windows 11 has dedicated keystrokes built-in for moving taskbar icons. Simply hold Alt and Shift, and use your left and right arrows. Note that your screen
reader doesn’t announce that it’s moving them at this stage, but it works.
Ben
Stay safe and take care. Mike.
PSA Folks: You can still get gas for under a dollar fifty at Taco Bell!
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Tom X via groups.io <mailto:ballistic622@...>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Friday, July 01, 2022 5:22 PM
*Subject:* drag and drop instructions
Hi,
Using Jaws 22, how do I use the drag and drop command?
Is there anything to be aware of?
Thanks
Tom


moderated Convention Discounts On JAWS Annual License

Gerald Levy
 


Happy holiday, fellow list members.  With the annual NFB and ACB conventions right around the corner,does anyone know whether Vispero/Freedom Scientific is planning  to offer discounts on annual home JAWS licenses?  Last year during the conventions, the price of a one-year JAWS license was reduced from the regular price of $95 to the discounted price of $76.  What about discounted prices for SMA renewals?  Thanks.


        Gerald




moderated Re: Is "Eloq.sbl" Still Applicable?

Annabelle Susan Morison
 

I tried that too, but nothing changes.

On 07/02/2022 3:32 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


True! I do replace it whenever jaws gets an update installed.
But worth to say, it works better with all the changes with the
default app data file. the user data folder sometimes doesn't apply or
the changes on the sbl file or doesn't work effectively all together.
I do change a spare copy of the sbl file to be copied and replaced
every time needed to the default program data.
TC
On 7/1/22, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@...> wrote:
One note, I do suggest making changes in the user file rather than
default because changes to the default can be lost any time you update
to a new jaws build.

On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:
Hey Glenn!
I've tried that before, but I'm thinking of doing this in the "Eloq.sbl"
file, as it worked before in previous versions of JAWS.
On 07/01/2022 10:12 AM Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:


Annabelle,
I just used Jaws dictionary manager to change it to "shushing", as a
test.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2022 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Is "Eloq.sbl" Still Applicable?


I wonder how I would change the pronunciation of characters like "🫢",
"🤫",
"🤬", and the like? For example, I want "🤫" to say something like
"Shushing
Face". Would I put something like:
symbol109=U+1f92b 11111111 Shushing Face
On 07/01/2022 9:58 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


I'm not sure what they stand for.,
Those I haven't change. they were there prior to any editing done, All
I did is changing the last word in each line.
TC

On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:
In the example lines you provide, What do the numbers stand for? I'm
referring to the part where the numbers say "11,111,111".
On 07/01/2022 9:35 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


To be honest, I have no idea!
What I know is the .sbl file is the one to play with successfully.
TC
On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...>
wrote:
I wonder, what's the difference between "Eloq.sbl",
"Eloqmain.dct",

and
"Eloquence.vpf"?
On 07/01/2022 7:56 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


Hi Annabelle,
My name is a mid eastern one I don't think its another version.
you don't need to work on the file in its default directory.
make
a
copy for that purpose to other place then make your changes,
then

take
it back and replace it. also make a backup copy for the original
one.
And If you have another eloq.sbl file and made changes on it or
you can test your work with changing the pronunciation of a
single
symbol and save it then replace the file with the one in the
directory
I've mentioned earlier, just make sure to take a copy of the
original
one as a backup somewhere else.

Here is a sample of how I did edit it and it still works,
you can do it if you know which line to edit.
I had a reference to all Arabic letters within the eloq.sbl
file

from
someone back then that made it much easier for me to work on it.
below the sample lines, you See the last "word" in each line
that's
what eloquence pronounces when encounter an Arabic character
I've
edited them to my liking using note pad.

symbol55=U+631 11111111 reh
symbol56=U+632 11111111 zeh
symbol57=U+633 11111111 seh
symbol58=U+634 11111111 sheh
symbol59=U+635 11111111 sah
symbol60=U+636 11111111 dhdheh
symbol61=U+637 11111111 ta
symbol62=U+638 11111111 dheh
symbol63=U+639 11111111 aa
symbol64=U+63a 11111111 gheh
symbol65=U+640 11111101 teh
symbol66=U+641 11111111 ffeh

TC


On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...>
wrote:
Hey Hareth!
Interesting name by the way. Is it like a version of Harry? I
tried
editing
the file you described, but nothing changed! Not even editing
the
"Symbol
Descriptions.txt" file did anything either. What do I do next?
On 06/30/2022 11:25 PM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


Hi Annabelle,
"Eloq.sbl" works for me, I've edited it many years back to
read
Arabic
in a way I understand on the fly and real quick without
having
to
change the tts voice to anything other than eloquence. But I
don't
use
the user data directory.
Instead I replace it with the default one in the:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\20xx\SETTINGS\eloq.sbl"
replace the "xx" with 21 in your case and open the folder as:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2021\SETTINGS\"
Paste the file and replace it following the prompts, that
would

do
it.
TC
On 6/30/22, Annabelle Susan Morison
<foristnights@...>
wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
Is "Eloq.sbl" still applicable in later versions of JAWS
like
JAWS
2021?
The
reason why I'm asking this is because I want to add some
characters
that
JAWS seems to ignore when I type them. Particularly things
like
smileys
and
characters of foreign languages like Japanese, Russian,
Hebrew,
and
Greek.
By the way, what's the difference between "Eloq.sbl",
"Eloqmain.dct",
and
"Eloquence.vpf"?
































--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...







moderated Re: Is "Eloq.sbl" Still Applicable?

Hareth
 

True! I do replace it whenever jaws gets an update installed.
But worth to say, it works better with all the changes with the
default app data file. the user data folder sometimes doesn't apply or
the changes on the sbl file or doesn't work effectively all together.
I do change a spare copy of the sbl file to be copied and replaced
every time needed to the default program data.
TC

On 7/1/22, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@...> wrote:
One note, I do suggest making changes in the user file rather than
default because changes to the default can be lost any time you update
to a new jaws build.

On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:
Hey Glenn!
I've tried that before, but I'm thinking of doing this in the "Eloq.sbl"
file, as it worked before in previous versions of JAWS.
On 07/01/2022 10:12 AM Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:


Annabelle,
I just used Jaws dictionary manager to change it to "shushing", as a
test.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Annabelle Susan Morison" <foristnights@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2022 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Is "Eloq.sbl" Still Applicable?


I wonder how I would change the pronunciation of characters like "🫢",
"🤫",
"🤬", and the like? For example, I want "🤫" to say something like
"Shushing
Face". Would I put something like:
symbol109=U+1f92b 11111111 Shushing Face
On 07/01/2022 9:58 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


I'm not sure what they stand for.,
Those I haven't change. they were there prior to any editing done, All
I did is changing the last word in each line.
TC

On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...> wrote:
In the example lines you provide, What do the numbers stand for? I'm
referring to the part where the numbers say "11,111,111".
On 07/01/2022 9:35 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


To be honest, I have no idea!
What I know is the .sbl file is the one to play with successfully.
TC
On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...>
wrote:
I wonder, what's the difference between "Eloq.sbl",
"Eloqmain.dct",

and
"Eloquence.vpf"?
On 07/01/2022 7:56 AM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


Hi Annabelle,
My name is a mid eastern one I don't think its another version.
you don't need to work on the file in its default directory.
make
a
copy for that purpose to other place then make your changes,
then

take
it back and replace it. also make a backup copy for the original
one.
And If you have another eloq.sbl file and made changes on it or
you can test your work with changing the pronunciation of a
single
symbol and save it then replace the file with the one in the
directory
I've mentioned earlier, just make sure to take a copy of the
original
one as a backup somewhere else.

Here is a sample of how I did edit it and it still works,
you can do it if you know which line to edit.
I had a reference to all Arabic letters within the eloq.sbl
file

from
someone back then that made it much easier for me to work on it.
below the sample lines, you See the last "word" in each line
that's
what eloquence pronounces when encounter an Arabic character
I've
edited them to my liking using note pad.

symbol55=U+631 11111111 reh
symbol56=U+632 11111111 zeh
symbol57=U+633 11111111 seh
symbol58=U+634 11111111 sheh
symbol59=U+635 11111111 sah
symbol60=U+636 11111111 dhdheh
symbol61=U+637 11111111 ta
symbol62=U+638 11111111 dheh
symbol63=U+639 11111111 aa
symbol64=U+63a 11111111 gheh
symbol65=U+640 11111101 teh
symbol66=U+641 11111111 ffeh

TC


On 7/1/22, Annabelle Susan Morison <foristnights@...>
wrote:
Hey Hareth!
Interesting name by the way. Is it like a version of Harry? I
tried
editing
the file you described, but nothing changed! Not even editing
the
"Symbol
Descriptions.txt" file did anything either. What do I do next?
On 06/30/2022 11:25 PM Hareth <hareth4m@...> wrote:


Hi Annabelle,
"Eloq.sbl" works for me, I've edited it many years back to
read
Arabic
in a way I understand on the fly and real quick without
having
to
change the tts voice to anything other than eloquence. But I
don't
use
the user data directory.
Instead I replace it with the default one in the:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\20xx\SETTINGS\eloq.sbl"
replace the "xx" with 21 in your case and open the folder as:
"C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2021\SETTINGS\"
Paste the file and replace it following the prompts, that
would

do
it.
TC
On 6/30/22, Annabelle Susan Morison
<foristnights@...>
wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
Is "Eloq.sbl" still applicable in later versions of JAWS
like
JAWS
2021?
The
reason why I'm asking this is because I want to add some
characters
that
JAWS seems to ignore when I type them. Particularly things
like
smileys
and
characters of foreign languages like Japanese, Russian,
Hebrew,
and
Greek.
By the way, what's the difference between "Eloq.sbl",
"Eloqmain.dct",
and
"Eloquence.vpf"?
































--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...






moderated Re: drag and drop instructions

Curtis Chong
 

The question is, why do need to do a drag and drop? Isn’t there an alternate procedure?

On Jul 1, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:

I just tried drag and drop on my windows 10 system and it didn't work, in fact it made such a mess of things that I am going to have to restart just to clean it all up.

Go figure!
Gene...


On 7/1/2022 9:49 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Tom,
About the only place I drag and drop is on the Taskbar, but this is the best method I've learned of for Windows 10. Below Win10's steps will be the keystroke for Win11, and you can always try the Win10 keystroke with Win11 in other areas than the Taskbar.
Win10:
From: Sieghard Weitzel
With Jaws 2021 or 2022 I can drag and drop anything at will and in seconds, not sure why this doesn't work for you and I'm not saying drag and drop
works everywhere, but on the taskbar it works 100% of the time and it's
simply a matter of going to the icon you want to drag, pressing the,
Control + Jaws Key + NumPad Slash key combination, arrowing to where you want to
drop it and pressing the key combination again.
Sieghard
Win11:
From: Ben Moxey
Windows 11 has dedicated keystrokes built-in for moving taskbar icons. Simply hold Alt and Shift, and use your left and right arrows. Note that your screen
reader doesn’t announce that it’s moving them at this stage, but it works.
Ben
Stay safe and take care. Mike.
PSA Folks: You can still get gas for under a dollar fifty at Taco Bell!
----- Original Message -----
*From:* Tom X via groups.io <mailto:ballistic622@...>
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
*Sent:* Friday, July 01, 2022 5:22 PM
*Subject:* drag and drop instructions
Hi,
Using Jaws 22, how do I use the drag and drop command?
Is there anything to be aware of?
Thanks
Tom


moderated Re: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Sean Murphy
 

I would strongly you encourage anyone who is having this issue report it to Microsoft accessibility desk. As it sounds like you’re not getting all information you need to understand what is going on. It doesn’t sound like a jaws problem it sounds like an edge problem.

My experience is the part

On 2 Jul 2022, at 12:18 pm, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

You must press the first Keep button, and once it is pressed, you should be able to tab to the "Keep Anyway" button.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 7:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

OK, I can understand the confirmation request, but now the question is
how do I get to it so I can click it?

Thanks!
Gene...


On 7/1/2022 10:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
Yes, Gene. I have used Edge, and gotten those buttons that say, Keep, and Delete. What happens is that, once you press the button to keep the file, another button pops up asking to confirm that you really, really do want to keep the file. So, you actually need to press two "keep" buttons.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 2:55 PM
To: JAWS support list
Subject: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Hi everyone!

Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that
the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing
its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows
Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep
the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The
problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for
quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's
driving me crazy with frustration.

Thanks!
Gene...




















moderated Re: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Bill White
 

You must press the first Keep button, and once it is pressed, you should be able to tab to the "Keep Anyway" button.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 7:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

OK, I can understand the confirmation request, but now the question is
how do I get to it so I can click it?

Thanks!
Gene...


On 7/1/2022 10:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
Yes, Gene. I have used Edge, and gotten those buttons that say, Keep, and Delete. What happens is that, once you press the button to keep the file, another button pops up asking to confirm that you really, really do want to keep the file. So, you actually need to press two "keep" buttons.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 2:55 PM
To: JAWS support list
Subject: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Hi everyone!

Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that
the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing
its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows
Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep
the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The
problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for
quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.

Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's
driving me crazy with frustration.

Thanks!
Gene...











moderated Re: JAWS, Edge and Windows security

Gene Warner
 

OK, I can understand the confirmation request, but now the question is how do I get to it so I can click it?

Thanks!
Gene...

On 7/1/2022 10:08 PM, Bill White wrote:
Yes, Gene. I have used Edge, and gotten those buttons that say, Keep, and Delete. What happens is that, once you press the button to keep the file, another button pops up asking to confirm that you really, really do want to keep the file. So, you actually need to press two "keep" buttons.
Bill White
billwhite92701@...
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Friday, July 1, 2022 2:55 PM
To: JAWS support list
Subject: JAWS, Edge and Windows security
Hi everyone!
Today I downloaded a new version of Pop Peeper Pro and got warnings that
the file might harm my device. That's fine, Windows Security is doing
its job. The problem I have is that JAWS doesn't get along with Windows
Security. After the warning about the file, I'm asked if I want to keep
the file anyway and then there are two buttons, Keep and Delete. The
problem is that I have to fuss with it trying just about anything for
quite a while before something works and my choice is finally recognized.
Has anybody encountered this and figured out how to make it work? It's
driving me crazy with frustration.
Thanks!
Gene...

4481 - 4500 of 102606