Date   

moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Bill White
 

Hi, Brian and Richard. You are right. I referred to the wrong message. It was Moti Azrad who gave the information for posting and subscribing to the JFW list rather than the information for the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group. My error.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 1:57 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 04:42 PM, Bill White wrote:

Richard. Afik wasn't asking for the addresses to post to and subscribe to the JAWS for Windows list. He was asking Brian for the post and subscription addresses for the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

-
Indeed.  But what Richard offered was the direct link to the home page of the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group on Groups.io.  Every group's home page has a section, Group Email Addresses, where the subscription, unsubscription, posting, group owner, and help message addresses are listed.  Every Groups.io member should be able to go to one of these pages, when offered, and snag the email address or addresses for that group that they need or want at the moment.

I keep hoping that Groups.io members who do interact primarily or exclusively by e-mail will still use the resources that Groups.io gives them via its own webpages when it comes to things like this.  They have a search facility for all their public groups as well, and that can come in really handy at times, provided you don't get overly specific with the search criteria.  It's one of the few places where I start with the minimum number of search terms, and then add if needed to narrow things down, rather than using several at the outset.

I'll also mention again that Groups.io gives email users all sorts of options as far as what shows up in their inboxes that are not available on other mailing list services.  Have a read through, Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io
(docx), if you're interested in knowing about them.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 04:42 PM, Bill White wrote:
Richard. Afik wasn't asking for the addresses to post to and subscribe to the JAWS for Windows list. He was asking Brian for the post and subscription addresses for the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group
-
Indeed.  But what Richard offered was the direct link to the home page of the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group on Groups.io.  Every group's home page has a section, Group Email Addresses, where the subscription, unsubscription, posting, group owner, and help message addresses are listed.  Every Groups.io member should be able to go to one of these pages, when offered, and snag the email address or addresses for that group that they need or want at the moment.

I keep hoping that Groups.io members who do interact primarily or exclusively by e-mail will still use the resources that Groups.io gives them via its own webpages when it comes to things like this.  They have a search facility for all their public groups as well, and that can come in really handy at times, provided you don't get overly specific with the search criteria.  It's one of the few places where I start with the minimum number of search terms, and then add if needed to narrow things down, rather than using several at the outset.

I'll also mention again that Groups.io gives email users all sorts of options as far as what shows up in their inboxes that are not available on other mailing list services.  Have a read through, Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx), if you're interested in knowing about them.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

Russell,

You're quite welcome.  I'm the odd sighted person who haunts a number of blind technology groups due to the fact that one of the things I've been doing for years is private tutoring of those new to using screen readers as a freelancer for the Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired Technology Tutor Network.  It is amazing how often precisely the same questions happen to get asked at almost precisely the same time on lists where the questioners are not mutually both subscribed to both lists.  It's almost eerie, at times.

I also often post the information regarding groups I am making reference to, but sometimes omit them, and did in this case.  So, here it is now:

Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

Archive:  https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility/topics

Subscribe: office-accessibility+subscribe@groups.io

Post: office-accessibility@groups.io

Unsubscribe: office-accessibility+unsubscribe@groups.io

Group Owner: office-accessibility+owner@groups.io

Help: office-accessibility+help@groups.io

 

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Bill White
 

Hi, Richard. Afik wasn't asking for the addresses to post to and subscribe to the JAWS for Windows list. He was asking Brian for the post and subscription addresses for the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 12:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

afik,

You can find the subscription info here:

https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility

 

 

 

Richard 

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

 

www.turner42.com

 



On Jul 20, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...> wrote:



Brian,

 

You are a Saint! The first link in your email had the answer. For some reason, there was a filter applied, although I couldn’t figure out exactly what the filter was. The solution was to press enter on “Filter applied”, and then tab to “Clear All”, and then tab to the OK button. I can now get message count and unread message count by pressing Insert + Page Down.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

 

Be well,

 

Russell

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 1:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Moty Azrad
 

Hi Afik,

 

To post a message to the list, send it to

jfw@groups.io

Moti Azrad

 

 

 

Moti Azrad 

Musician and Piano-Tuner         

 

motiaz@...

 

azrad_moty@...

 

Israel

 

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Afik Souffir
Sent: 20 July, 2021 22:38
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

Hi,

How can i join this group? 

 

Afik Souffir

Jaws certified, 2021


From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:36:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
 

afik,
You can find the subscription info here:
https://groups.io/g/office-accessibility




Richard 
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com


On Jul 20, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...> wrote:



Brian,

 

You are a Saint! The first link in your email had the answer. For some reason, there was a filter applied, although I couldn’t figure out exactly what the filter was. The solution was to press enter on “Filter applied”, and then tab to “Clear All”, and then tab to the OK button. I can now get message count and unread message count by pressing Insert + Page Down.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

 

Be well,

 

Russell

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 1:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Russell Solowoniuk
 

Brian,

 

You are a Saint! The first link in your email had the answer. For some reason, there was a filter applied, although I couldn’t figure out exactly what the filter was. The solution was to press enter on “Filter applied”, and then tab to “Clear All”, and then tab to the OK button. I can now get message count and unread message count by pressing Insert + Page Down.

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

 

Be well,

 

Russell

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 1:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

 

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>
 

Hi,
How can i join this group? 

Afik Souffir
Jaws certified, 2021
Www.freedomscientific.com/training/certification/


From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:36:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages
 
This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count


[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count
I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Re: Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

 

This was a very recent topic of conversation on the Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group.  It got split into multiple topics:
Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count

[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count


[External] : Re: [office-accessibility] Email Count
I cannot recall "which split" ultimately contained the answer, but there really aren't that many messages, maybe 25, in all 4 topics put together.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Outlook 2019 how to get number of messages

Russell Solowoniuk
 

Hi everyone,

 

I’m running Outlook 2019 with the latest update to Jaws 2021. In the past I was able to get the message count by pressing Insert + Page Down. I am no longer able to do this. If I press F6 to move into the status bar, and then press the applications key, both “Items in view” and “Unread items in view” are checked. Is this a bug or has the JAWS keystroke to get this info changed? This is quite frustrating as this is important information to have.

 

Thanks for any help with this,

 

Russell


moderated Libre Office Accessibility Mailing List

 

Since this group is not strict about focus on JAWS, and since there has been some trend toward the use of Libre Office by those who do not wish to purchase MS-Office, I'm offering the following as a public service.  Someone asked if such a list existed on the NVDA Chat Subgroup this morning, and this was my response:

This is what I could find, on  the page: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Accessibility/Accessibility-dev#Mailing_List 

There is a mailing list ( accessibility@...) which can be used for user questions and comments, as well as for developer-related subjects.

  • Subscribe by sending a blank email to accessibility+subscribe@....
  • or visit the archives

I got a confirm message a few minutes after sending a message to the subscription address.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

    ~ William Plomer


moderated Help with JAWS and Math Type

Carina Venter
 

Dear list

I need assistance with reading MS Word documents containing Math Type
equations. JAWS is making a complete hash of the equations (either not
reading, or recognising them as a single object/graphic) and I can't
figure out why. To avoid a protracted exchange on this list, it might
be best to take the conversation to email if there is someone who is
able to assist. I'm quite desperate as I have an MBA class block
commencing in three weeks with a wonderful accounting module thrown
in. Please drop me a line or respond on this list if you are able to
assist--I'd be hugely indebted.

Warmly
Carina


moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Shirley Tracy
 

Thank you for this.

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 8:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

A One Drive account gives you an additional 1 TB of drive space.  It also allows you to access your files from anywhere and across multiple machines/devices.  You can either use your phone or tablet to access your files, or if you have multiple PCs (this can be Windows or Mac) you can access your files.

Depending on how you configure your One Drive your files can exist on both your local hard drive or just in the cloud.

Personally I have files that I always want access to regardless if I am connected to the internet to always reside on my local hard drive as well as in the cloud.  One Drive also helps ensure that if your PC dies or your hard drive crashes that your files are still intact.  I tend to spin up Virtual Machines on a regular basis and with a simple sign in to One Drive I have all of my files at my fingertips.

Regards,

 

Jim Weiss

 

 



On Jul 19, 2021, at 8:06 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

 

Hi, Shirley. I don't have a OneDrive account, and even if I had Office 365, which comes with OneDrive, I probably wouldn't sign into it for just the reasons you have outlined. I don't want my files to be stored on the cloud, before they are stored on my local computer.

 

Bill White

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 4:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Thanks Bill. I never signed in to One Drive, and I didn’t know how to close (or even open) Ease of Access. 

 

Thank you very, very much. 

 

Is there any real advantage in keeping One Drive? 

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: Bill White
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Hi, Shirley. Only your Microsoft Word files should go to OneDrive, and only if you're signed into OneDrive. As far as Ease of Access goes, that should be closed, if you go to Control Panel> Ease of Access and untoggle the button that says Always scan this Section.

 

Bill White

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

I didn’t choose to use Ease of Access or One Drive. I didn’t even know they were on my computer until a Windows update. Suddenly, my files were going to them for whatever reason. I didn’t even realize what was happening until I saw the names Ease of Acces and One Drive. I honestly didn’t have them before. I guess I can get rid of them, but not sure how.

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: JM Casey
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 5:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

I can’t positively remember, but I was under the impression there weren’t individual jAWS licenses for 64 or 32 bit versions --- you should be able to just download the 64 bit version from the Freedom Scientific site, no?

 

Also, just because things like ease of access and onedrive are there, doesn’t mean that you have to use them. There’s plenty of stuff in plenty of programmes that I use that I have little need for – I just don’t’ use them and they don’t cause me any inconvenience.

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io<main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: July 19, 2021 04:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Thanks. I do have 64 bit. I don’t know why I purchased a 32 bit upgrade for JAWS, but that was last year, and it has worked fine.  

 

I’m just amazed that suddenly Microsoft is adding things like “One Drive” and “Ease of access” that I know nothing about—nor do I really want them, but here they are. 😊

 

Shirley

 

 

 

 

 


moderated JAWS July Update, Build 2107.12 Download Link + What's New

Mike B.
 

Hi All,
 
Okay, the July update is now available: JAWS 2021.2107.12, the download link plus what's new is below.
 
32 & 64 bit systems:
 
 
What's new:
 
Enhancements in JAWS 2021.2107.12 (July 2021)
The following is a list of improvements made between the May 2021 release and the July 2021 update.


list of 19 items
• Changed the keystroke to access the Quick Keys layer in Google Docs to INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by G . Once this layer is active, you can use keystrokes
to quickly move to specific elements in a document such as H  for headings, T  for tables, C  for comments, and more. To see a full list of available commands,
press INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by G  while focused in Google Docs, and then press QUESTION MARK .
• Addressed issues with JAWS not reading as expected when navigating a table of contents in Google Docs using CTRL+UP ARROW  and CTRL+DOWN ARROW  to read
by paragraph.
• Added support for horizontal lines inserted into Google documents as separators.
• When navigating by word in a cell in Google Sheets, resolved an issue where JAWS would repeat the last word.
• Resolved an issue in Google Sheets where JAWS was not properly announcing links that directly followed each other on separate lines.
• Resolved an issue with JAWS not reading search results on the Windows 11 Start Screen.
• Resolved reported problems where some users were finding Navigation Quick Keys turned on when trying to reply to Outlook email messages.
• Resolved an issue where selecting text in Outlook using the keyboard was not scrolling the screen as expected, making it difficult for Fusion users or
anyone sighted using JAWS to determine what was selected.
• Addressed an issue where it was no longer possible to use JAWS to create or edit posts in WordPress 5.60 or later.
• Improved announcements of regions on web pages that include an aria-roledescription attribute.
• When navigating tables on web pages, resolved an issue where JAWS would not always announce row and column headers when headers were not defined by the
table author.
• Pressing the layered command INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by N  now speaks the most recent Windows notification even when Speech On Demand is active.
• In Outlook, the JAWS keystroke for moving to the body of a message or the notes area of a Calendar appointment is now INSERT+ALT+GRAVE ACCENT . This
has also been updated in the JAWS Commands Search ( INSERT+SPACEBAR, J ). The previous keystroke, ALT+GRAVE ACCENT , is now used by Microsoft to activate
their email dictation feature.
• Made changes necessary for JAWS to properly support Mozilla Thunderbird 87 and later.
• Added JAWS support for the NLSeReader Zoomax braille display available from the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped in
the United States. Note that a system driver, available from the manufacturer, must be installed first before this display can be used with JAWS.
• Resolved an issue with Kofax Power PDF where JAWS would only read the first line of a PDF document.
• After modifying a Speech and Sounds scheme and choosing to make it the default, addressed an issue where it was not being saved as the default scheme
as expected.
• Medical Device Regulation numbers have been added for JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion releases as of the July 2021 updates. These numbers are displayed in
the About dialog boxes for each software product.
• Removed the Convert Currency Research It lookup source due to changes with the xe.com website which no longer allows us to retrieve information.
list end
 
 
Enhancements in JAWS 2021.2107.12 (July 2021)
The following is a list of improvements made between the May 2021 release and the July 2021 update.
To download the latest release, visit the
Downloads web page.
You must be logged on as an administrator to install this software.
list of 19 items
• Changed the keystroke to access the Quick Keys layer in Google Docs to INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by G . Once this layer is active, you can use keystrokes
to quickly move to specific elements in a document such as H  for headings, T  for tables, C  for comments, and more. To see a full list of available commands,
press INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by G  while focused in Google Docs, and then press QUESTION MARK .
• Addressed issues with JAWS not reading as expected when navigating a table of contents in Google Docs using CTRL+UP ARROW  and CTRL+DOWN ARROW  to read
by paragraph.
• Added support for horizontal lines inserted into Google documents as separators.
• When navigating by word in a cell in Google Sheets, resolved an issue where JAWS would repeat the last word.
• Resolved an issue in Google Sheets where JAWS was not properly announcing links that directly followed each other on separate lines.
• Resolved an issue with JAWS not reading search results on the Windows 11 Start Screen.
• Resolved reported problems where some users were finding Navigation Quick Keys turned on when trying to reply to Outlook email messages.
• Resolved an issue where selecting text in Outlook using the keyboard was not scrolling the screen as expected, making it difficult for Fusion users or
anyone sighted using JAWS to determine what was selected.
• Addressed an issue where it was no longer possible to use JAWS to create or edit posts in WordPress 5.60 or later.
• Improved announcements of regions on web pages that include an aria-roledescription attribute.
• When navigating tables on web pages, resolved an issue where JAWS would not always announce row and column headers when headers were not defined by the
table author.
• Pressing the layered command INSERT+SPACEBAR  followed by N  now speaks the most recent Windows notification even when Speech On Demand is active.
• In Outlook, the JAWS keystroke for moving to the body of a message or the notes area of a Calendar appointment is now INSERT+ALT+GRAVE ACCENT . This
has also been updated in the JAWS Commands Search ( INSERT+SPACEBAR, J ). The previous keystroke, ALT+GRAVE ACCENT , is now used by Microsoft to activate
their email dictation feature.
• Made changes necessary for JAWS to properly support Mozilla Thunderbird 87 and later.
• Added JAWS support for the NLSeReader Zoomax braille display available from the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped in
the United States. Note that a system driver, available from the manufacturer, must be installed first before this display can be used with JAWS.
• Resolved an issue with Kofax Power PDF where JAWS would only read the first line of a PDF document.
• After modifying a Speech and Sounds scheme and choosing to make it the default, addressed an issue where it was not being saved as the default scheme
as expected.
• Medical Device Regulation numbers have been added for JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion releases as of the July 2021 updates. These numbers are displayed in
the About dialog boxes for each software product.
• Removed the Convert Currency Research It lookup source due to changes with the xe.com website which no longer allows us to retrieve information.
list end
 
 
Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"
 


moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Panagiotis Antonopoulos
 

Hi Bill/all,

I think this has been the case with the jaws installer several versions back, perhaps going back as far as 2019.

                                                                Cheers, Takis

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Τρίτη, 20 Ιουλίου 2021 00:09
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Hi again, Shirley. One interesting thing about the newest JAWS installers is that, when you look at the installer's name, they contain the word "any". This means that the installer can install either a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of JAWS, depending upon which version your computer needs. I will put the name of the latest JAWS installer below so you can navigate character by character, and see the word any in the name of the file. It gives no indication of a 32-bit or 64-bit version.

 

J2021.2105.53.400-any.exe

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Bill, because the sales person at Vespero told me that’s what I had to have. Maybe she was mistaken?

I wouldn’t know. My major was literature and grammar.

Is there a way to double check?

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: Bill White
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 3:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Hi, Shirley. I also have the Home version of JAWS, and my version is 64-bit. I don't know why you have the 32-bit version of JAWS.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 12:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Bryan, I went to the link you gave, but I have a question: I have a 64 bit computer but JAWS is actually 32 bit because I purchased the Home version. Does this make any difference for Ask Everything? I realize my question may seem like asking if a dog has four paws, but I really don’t know.

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 12:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:47 AM, Bill White wrote:

I installed a Windows file utility called Search Everything. This utility will, when started, search for files with a given name or partial name, and will also list its location. I will give the link for the website where you can download Search Everything. Since I have a 64-bit system, I download the 64-bit version of the program.

 

https://www.voidtools.com/

-
I cannot possibly second this recommendation more strongly, particularly if you're someone "old school" such as myself who virtually always searches for something based on its file name, or part of it, rather than the content in the file.

Windows Search itself is great when you occasionally can't remember what you called something but can remember some distinctive little snippet of content that would let you zero in on it.  But I use Everything Search on an almost daily basis because, even when the file is not lost, it's just quicker and more efficient for searches based on file name than Windows Search is.  And it's accessible.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

           ~ André Gide

 

 


moderated Re: change password from stars

tom x <ballistic719@...>
 

Thanks to those who answered my query regarding having Jaws speak the characters as a password is typed.


Cheers


Tom


moderated Thunderbird issue

clarence carter
 

My wife had a problem with thunderbird not importing mail, nor was it exporting mail. In the process of trying to resolve the issue, I lost the default settings. I had the AOL folks recover the program and sync it up with the E-mail account. However  her local folders did not make the transition.

 

I understand that they are still there, unfortunately, the way her machine is set up, I cannot get to them.

 

Where should I be looking, and how can I execute a run command? I rarely have to do it, and I forgot the command to execute one.

 

Any help and quick steps would be appreciated.


moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Jim Weiss <jimweiss72@...>
 

A One Drive account gives you an additional 1 TB of drive space.  It also allows you to access your files from anywhere and across multiple machines/devices.  You can either use your phone or tablet to access your files, or if you have multiple PCs (this can be Windows or Mac) you can access your files.
Depending on how you configure your One Drive your files can exist on both your local hard drive or just in the cloud.
Personally I have files that I always want access to regardless if I am connected to the internet to always reside on my local hard drive as well as in the cloud.  One Drive also helps ensure that if your PC dies or your hard drive crashes that your files are still intact.  I tend to spin up Virtual Machines on a regular basis and with a simple sign in to One Drive I have all of my files at my fingertips.
Regards,

Jim Weiss



On Jul 19, 2021, at 8:06 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Shirley. I don't have a OneDrive account, and even if I had Office 365, which comes with OneDrive, I probably wouldn't sign into it for just the reasons you have outlined. I don't want my files to be stored on the cloud, before they are stored on my local computer.
 
Bill White
 
 
From: main@jfw.groups.io[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 4:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file
 
Thanks Bill. I never signed in to One Drive, and I didn’t know how to close (or even open) Ease of Access. 
 
Thank you very, very much. 
 
Is there any real advantage in keeping One Drive? 
 
 
Shirley Tracy
 
From: Bill White
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file
 
Hi, Shirley. Only your Microsoft Word files should go to OneDrive, and only if you're signed into OneDrive. As far as Ease of Access goes, that should be closed, if you go to Control Panel> Ease of Access and untoggle the button that says Always scan this Section.
 
Bill White
 
 
From: main@jfw.groups.io[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file
 
I didn’t choose to use Ease of Access or One Drive. I didn’t even know they were on my computer until a Windows update. Suddenly, my files were going to them for whatever reason. I didn’t even realize what was happening until I saw the names Ease of Acces and One Drive. I honestly didn’t have them before. I guess I can get rid of them, but not sure how.
 
 
Shirley Tracy
 
From: JM Casey
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 5:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file
 
I can’t positively remember, but I was under the impression there weren’t individual jAWS licenses for 64 or 32 bit versions --- you should be able to just download the 64 bit version from the Freedom Scientific site, no?
 
Also, just because things like ease of access and onedrive are there, doesn’t mean that you have to use them. There’s plenty of stuff in plenty of programmes that I use that I have little need for – I just don’t’ use them and they don’t cause me any inconvenience.
 
 
 
From: main@jfw.groups.io<main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: July 19, 2021 04:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file
 
Thanks. I do have 64 bit. I don’t know why I purchased a 32 bit upgrade for JAWS, but that was last year, and it has worked fine.  
 
I’m just amazed that suddenly Microsoft is adding things like “One Drive” and “Ease of access” that I know nothing about—nor do I really want them, but here they are. 😊
 
Shirley
 
 
 



moderated Re: How to locate a missing file

Bill White
 

Hi, Shirley. I don't have a OneDrive account, and even if I had Office 365, which comes with OneDrive, I probably wouldn't sign into it for just the reasons you have outlined. I don't want my files to be stored on the cloud, before they are stored on my local computer.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 4:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Thanks Bill. I never signed in to One Drive, and I didn’t know how to close (or even open) Ease of Access.

 

Thank you very, very much.

 

Is there any real advantage in keeping One Drive?

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: Bill White
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Hi, Shirley. Only your Microsoft Word files should go to OneDrive, and only if you're signed into OneDrive. As far as Ease of Access goes, that should be closed, if you go to Control Panel> Ease of Access and untoggle the button that says Always scan this Section.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

I didn’t choose to use Ease of Access or One Drive. I didn’t even know they were on my computer until a Windows update. Suddenly, my files were going to them for whatever reason. I didn’t even realize what was happening until I saw the names Ease of Acces and One Drive. I honestly didn’t have them before. I guess I can get rid of them, but not sure how.

 

 

Shirley Tracy

 

From: JM Casey
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 5:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

I can’t positively remember, but I was under the impression there weren’t individual jAWS licenses for 64 or 32 bit versions --- you should be able to just download the 64 bit version from the Freedom Scientific site, no?

 

Also, just because things like ease of access and onedrive are there, doesn’t mean that you have to use them. There’s plenty of stuff in plenty of programmes that I use that I have little need for – I just don’t’ use them and they don’t cause me any inconvenience.

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: July 19, 2021 04:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to locate a missing file

 

Thanks. I do have 64 bit. I don’t know why I purchased a 32 bit upgrade for JAWS, but that was last year, and it has worked fine.  

 

I’m just amazed that suddenly Microsoft is adding things like “One Drive” and “Ease of access” that I know nothing about—nor do I really want them, but here they are. 😊

 

Shirley

 

 

 


moderated Re: Which version of jars with windows 10?

Jim Weiss <jimweiss72@...>
 

By default you will purchase 2021 and assuming that you are buying the Home Annual Subscription 2021 would be the software that would be initially installed. You will have access to download previous versions of the software if necessary.
If you mean do you want to purchase the Home Annual Subscription, student edition or professional edition that depends on how you are using the software. All three versions use the same installer, if you are using it for work then you need to purchase Professional. If you just use it at home then the annual subscription is for you and of course if you are a student then the student edition is the correct option. The software is the same across editions, meaning there is only one version available for download.
There is also the option of a SMA for home use which provides a perpetual license, but if you don’t keep your SMA up to date it can get costly as time goes by.
The home annual subscription is on sale until the end of the month.


Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

On Jul 19, 2021, at 7:58 PM, Claudia <claudiadr2013@gmail.com> wrote:



Sent from my iPhoneWhich version of jars would I need to purchase, for a windows 10 computer? Which version of jars would I need to purchase, for a windows 10 computer? Thanks.Thanks



3201 - 3220 of 94060