Date   

moderated Re: Jaws2020 Goodle chrome on m.facebook.com

O.Addison Gethers
 

Hi Jed Thanks for the links and do you have the same problem with microsoft edge too?
Addison

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 12:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2020 Goodle chrome on m.facebook.com

Ah, well i just had the same problem. Let me offer a solution. This
should solve everything.
http://mbasic.facebook.com
That should bring you back to what you know.

Cheers,

Jed

On 10/17/20, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All I have desktop and laptop computer window10 and jaws2020 !! I'm
getting frustrated when I'm on any of my fb friends stories post when I was
reading the stories post when I tried to to selected the devotional from
someone post when I press shift+down arrow to selects each line to the end
then I press ctrl + c to copy select so it won't say nothing and when I
was in where it's say like showed react when I press enter on showed
react
it won't even open the box where I can arrow down on love to press enter
its
keep taking me back to the top of the stories !! Why is jaws not doing
something right to copy with ctrl + c and not open show react ? What do I
need to work this out ?

Addison







moderated Re: Jaws2020 Goodle chrome on m.facebook.com

Jed Barton
 

Ah, well i just had the same problem. Let me offer a solution. This
should solve everything.
http://mbasic.facebook.com
That should bring you back to what you know.

Cheers,

Jed

On 10/17/20, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All I have desktop and laptop computer window10 and jaws2020 !! I'm
getting frustrated when I'm on any of my fb friends stories post when I was
reading the stories post when I tried to to selected the devotional from
someone post when I press shift+down arrow to selects each line to the end
then I press ctrl + c to copy select so it won't say nothing and when I
was in where it's say like showed react when I press enter on showed
react
it won't even open the box where I can arrow down on love to press enter
its
keep taking me back to the top of the stories !! Why is jaws not doing
something right to copy with ctrl + c and not open show react ? What do I
need to work this out ?

Addison







moderated Re: Using Cisco Packet Tracer with JAWS

HH. Smith Jr.
 

Hi Sean,

 

This is Henry. I have to second that motion. I bought a Cisco kit from Ebay for under 400bucks. From the last time we spoke, I supplemented it with two wireless access points, an ASA firewall, and a catalyst switch and ISR router. For the server, I am using Microsoft server 2016 using the trial reset for 1080days or 3years of a fully working trial and JAWS with aremote license.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sean Murphy
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 8:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Cisco Packet Tracer with JAWS

 

The latest version of Cisco packet Tracer is far more accessible than the older versions. You should contact the Cisco accessibility group team to get an update. They will help you in this device  accessibility@...  also I would suggest using hardware when you’re learning out as it gives you the best experience. There are other solutions to Penny if they’re available as of yet. Do a search and you will find alternatives.

My experience is the part 



On 17 Oct 2020, at 12:30 am, Callum Stoneman via groups.io <callum.stoneman@...> wrote:



Hi all,

 

I have recently started a new job on an IT Networks team and am being encouraged by my employer to take a Cisco CCNA qualification as it will help massively with my future career in this field. I am interested in doing this, but the problem is that much of the Cisco content relies heavily on their Packet Tracer network simulation software.

 

When I first started at university around three years ago, our course also used a lot of the CCNA content and we tried back then using Packet Tracer with JAWS, but with no success. As soon as the program is launched, JAWS says nothing. When pressing tab or the arrow keys, nothing at all is spoken, not even "blank". Me and my tutors contacted Cisco in the hope that they could help or recommend an alternative, but they were less than helpful so we were left to find alternatives for ourselves, which we did. I studied the CCNA content and got my degree, but I'm not CCNA qualified on paper, plus the content changed at the start of this year, so I am now studying it again for work.

 

Three years later, things are no better with the latest version of Packet Tracer and JAWS 2020, and the alternative method I used at university (using physical devices instead of virtual ones) is not possible at work especially in the current situation. I have contacted Cisco again and this time they seem a little more helpful. They claim that they have tested Packet Tracer with JAWS 2020 and, in their words, "it works, but with some gaps" and they seem completely stuck for answers as to why it doesn't work with JAWS at all on my machine, but it does for them. They of course tried blaming the user at first, "Is your speech set to mute? Is your volume set to an audible level?" etc etc. It would be wrong for me to say that I'm a JAWS expert, but I'm certainly not a beginner. I have used JAWS for many years and am very familiar with it, but nothing I try makes any improvement with Packet Tracer.

 

The person who I have been in touch with from Cisco's accessibility team has now put me in touch with one of the Packet Tracer developers and I'm currently trying to arrange a call with them in the hope that we can figure this out, however I would like to know if I'm missing something with this.

 

Has anyone else had experience with Packet Tracer? If you have got it to work, any tips/workarounds would be hugely appreciated. Equally, if you have tried it out recently and have found it to be inaccessible, I would like to know so that I can provide as much detail as possible if/when I speak to Cisco.

 

Many thanks in advance for any help and comments.

 

Callum


moderated Jaws2020 Goodle chrome on m.facebook.com

O.Addison Gethers
 

Hi All  I have desktop and laptop computer window10  and jaws2020 !! I’m getting frustrated when I’m on any of my fb friends stories post when I was reading the stories post when I tried to to selected the devotional from someone post when I press shift+down arrow to selects each line to the end then I press ctrl + c to copy select so  it won’t say nothing  and  when I  was in where  it’s say like showed react  when I press enter on showed react it won’t even open the box where I can arrow down on love to press enter its keep taking me back to the top of the stories   !! Why is jaws not doing something right to copy  with ctrl + c  and not open show react ? What do I need to work this out ?

Addison


moderated Re: Using Cisco Packet Tracer with JAWS

Sean Murphy
 

The latest version of Cisco packet Tracer is far more accessible than the older versions. You should contact the Cisco accessibility group team to get an update. They will help you in this device  accessibility@...  also I would suggest using hardware when you’re learning out as it gives you the best experience. There are other solutions to Penny if they’re available as of yet. Do a search and you will find alternatives.

My experience is the part 

On 17 Oct 2020, at 12:30 am, Callum Stoneman via groups.io <callum.stoneman@...> wrote:


Hi all,
 
I have recently started a new job on an IT Networks team and am being encouraged by my employer to take a Cisco CCNA qualification as it will help massively with my future career in this field. I am interested in doing this, but the problem is that much of the Cisco content relies heavily on their Packet Tracer network simulation software.
 
When I first started at university around three years ago, our course also used a lot of the CCNA content and we tried back then using Packet Tracer with JAWS, but with no success. As soon as the program is launched, JAWS says nothing. When pressing tab or the arrow keys, nothing at all is spoken, not even "blank". Me and my tutors contacted Cisco in the hope that they could help or recommend an alternative, but they were less than helpful so we were left to find alternatives for ourselves, which we did. I studied the CCNA content and got my degree, but I'm not CCNA qualified on paper, plus the content changed at the start of this year, so I am now studying it again for work.
 
Three years later, things are no better with the latest version of Packet Tracer and JAWS 2020, and the alternative method I used at university (using physical devices instead of virtual ones) is not possible at work especially in the current situation. I have contacted Cisco again and this time they seem a little more helpful. They claim that they have tested Packet Tracer with JAWS 2020 and, in their words, "it works, but with some gaps" and they seem completely stuck for answers as to why it doesn't work with JAWS at all on my machine, but it does for them. They of course tried blaming the user at first, "Is your speech set to mute? Is your volume set to an audible level?" etc etc. It would be wrong for me to say that I'm a JAWS expert, but I'm certainly not a beginner. I have used JAWS for many years and am very familiar with it, but nothing I try makes any improvement with Packet Tracer.
 
The person who I have been in touch with from Cisco's accessibility team has now put me in touch with one of the Packet Tracer developers and I'm currently trying to arrange a call with them in the hope that we can figure this out, however I would like to know if I'm missing something with this.
 
Has anyone else had experience with Packet Tracer? If you have got it to work, any tips/workarounds would be hugely appreciated. Equally, if you have tried it out recently and have found it to be inaccessible, I would like to know so that I can provide as much detail as possible if/when I speak to Cisco.
 
Many thanks in advance for any help and comments.
 
Callum


moderated Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

David Diamond
 

If at all possible I talk to people via the telephone in tech support rather then chatting via computer. So many things can get lost in translation and you have no idea at times how things are understood or interpreted.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: October 17, 2020 12:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

When I logged on to the FS site this week the first item was a message saying
they were having technical problems, asking for patience. I had a response
this morning to my communication of earlier this week too. Maybe things are
finally back to normal???
whatever that is.

At 01:10 PM 10/17/2020, you wrote:

>I wrote Freedom Scientific's technical support 7 days ago.
>
>Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.
>
>
>
>I'm glad it wasn't that important.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Richard
>
>"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must
>pass himself," and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of
>ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have
>regretted not granting grace to others, I've never once regretted
>extending it.)" - Edward Herbert
>
>
>


moderated Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

Ann Byrne
 

When I logged on to the FS site this week the first item was a message saying they were having technical problems, asking for patience. I had a response this morning to my communication of earlier this week too. Maybe things are finally back to normal???
whatever that is.

At 01:10 PM 10/17/2020, you wrote:

I wrote Freedom Scientific's technical support 7 days ago.

Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.



I'm glad it wasn't that important.









Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself," and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I've never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert



moderated Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

Soronel Haetir
 

That's interesting because most of the time when I've contacted them
I've gotten an actual human response within a day, the automated "We
got your message" response has always been near instant.

I haven't had reason to contact FS since the spring or so but I've had
plenty of dealings in the past.

On 10/17/20, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:
I have never in 20 years had a quick response by Emailing FS. Best to
call if you need help.

On 10/17/2020 1:37 PM, Chris Hill wrote:

They've been having internet and phone problems, it is normally much
faster than that.



On 10/17/2020 13:10, Richard Turner wrote:

I wrote Freedom Scientific’s technical support 7 days ago.

Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.

I’m glad it wasn’t that important.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must
pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of
ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have
regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted
extending it.)" - Edward Herbert




--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com


moderated Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

Don H
 

I have never in 20 years had a quick response by Emailing FS.  Best to call if you need help.

On 10/17/2020 1:37 PM, Chris Hill wrote:

They've been having internet and phone problems, it is normally much faster than that.



On 10/17/2020 13:10, Richard Turner wrote:

I wrote Freedom Scientific’s technical support 7 days ago.

Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.

 

I’m glad it wasn’t that important.

 

 

 

 

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

 


moderated Re: Technical support sure takes their sweet time

Chris Hill
 

They've been having internet and phone problems, it is normally much faster than that.



On 10/17/2020 13:10, Richard Turner wrote:

I wrote Freedom Scientific’s technical support 7 days ago.

Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.

 

I’m glad it wasn’t that important.

 

 

 

 

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

 


moderated Technical support sure takes their sweet time

Richard Turner
 

I wrote Freedom Scientific’s technical support 7 days ago.

Today, I received the email confirming they received my request.

 

I’m glad it wasn’t that important.

 

 

 

 

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

 


moderated Re: Protected files in MS word

kevin meyers
 

Thanks to everyone for all suggestions.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tammy Freitag
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Protected files in MS word

 

Kevin,

When I open an attachment, I just press F6.  Can then arrow to the word “Enable” and select it.  You can then save it or you can save the attachment, then press F6 and keep on going.

 

Hope that helps!

Tammy

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 5:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Protected files in MS word

 

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of Jaws2020 and MS word2016. When ever someone sent me a MS word file it is always in protected mode. A number of people that sent me the file didn’t send the file in protected mode. Is there a way to stop this from happening? To read it I have to move in and out of the window. I cannot save the file so I would copy it and paste it in another file. I was able to save attachments in Outlook. I still would like to be able to open the file from the email, read it and then save it.

Thanks,

Kevin

 

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com


moderated packet tracer

Marvin Hunkin
 

Hi. Doing a network course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au, and looking to do the diploma of networking  for 2012. And they will be using packet tracer. As I have a ciskco account, able to login and then tab to the user name and password field.  Then able to login. The menus do work and the keyboard short cuts are there. Yes, will get in touch with billy parker.

Thanks.


moderated Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Randy Barnett
 

Control and down arrow.

Randy Barnett

On Oct 16, 2020, at 10:38 AM, Jim <jimk8@frontier.com> wrote:

What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner


moderated Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Glenn / Lenny
 

The real question is, why doesn't everyone know this?
And, if you don't know, try a key to see what it does.
Or, use insert + H on a web page to find out.
Come on people, think or experiment a little before asking the list.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Milton Ota" <mota1252@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web


Well, you could use the letter J and enter a line number ...

Other ways to jump around on a web page would be by headings using the
letter h or shift-h

The letter P to move by paragraph and Shift-P to go backward.

There are others so you need to be a little more specific.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 8:48 AM
To: Jaws help <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner


moderated Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Milton Ota
 

Well, you could use the letter J and enter a line number ...

Other ways to jump around on a web page would be by headings using the letter h or shift-h

The letter P to move by paragraph and Shift-P to go backward.

There are others so you need to be a little more specific.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 8:48 AM
To: Jaws help <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner


moderated Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Glenn / Lenny
 

What would you assign to it if you were assigning a quick key?
Yes, it is the letter J.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim" <jimk8@frontier.com>
To: "Jaws help" <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 8:48 AM
Subject: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web


What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner


moderated Re: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Richard Turner
 

On the web, it is just the letter j.



Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 6:48 AM
To: Jaws help <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner


moderated Re: TCM and JAWS

Laura Shumate <larelishumate@...>
 

Hi I just recently started using Microsoft Edge. The reason why is
that I heard that Internet Explorer was going to be phasing out. When
I tried to use the Mobile Facebook website it didn't want to work and
kept putting me in MS Edge.
Laura Shumate
larelishumate@gmail.com
If you need Android or Jaws for windows Support: Call 254-300-7667



On 10/16/20, David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@outlook.com> wrote:
I’ve not used Internet explorer for a long time. I got tired of the prompt
from websites that it was outdated and suggested to use Google or Firefox.
Edge is more like Google now so I use Edge primarily as my browser.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: October 15, 2020 9:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: TCM and JAWS

Bill, thanks for your response. I had been using Internet Explorer but with
your suggestion I tried Google Chrome. Like you, I’m using Windows 10 and
JAWS 2020. With Google Chrome I could read more of the website but must
admit had difficulty getting around the site and finding what I wanted.

I live in Canada but I may take you up on your offer and phone at a later
time.

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Don

From: Bill White
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: TCM and JAWS

Hi, Don. I just used Google Chrome, Windows 10, and JAWS 2020 to read the
TCM schedule, and it was accessible to me.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com<mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

From: main@jfw.groups.io<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: TCM and JAWS

I’m wondering if anyone can offer suggestions. Last week TCM (Turner
Classic Movie) network changed their website. The daily movie schedule,
which used to be accessible with JAWS, now isn’t. I had a sighted friend
check and it’s on the screen. I tried copy and paste and then tried to
print but all that resulted was a huge sheaf of paper going through the
printer, evidently not detectable by my scanner!

TCM’s website is tcm.com.

This is hardly a significant issue but still I’d be glad of any help.

Don







--


moderated Jaws jumping by line of text on the web

Jim
 

What is the Jaws hotkey to jump by line of text while on the net?
Thanks
Jim
--
Jim Elsner

8341 - 8360 of 90964