Date   

moderated Re: incorrect Windows Password created

Mario
 

after going to the second URL, press the spacebar on the download
button/link.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jim Ruby [mailto:jimruby67@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Friday, December 20, 2019, 1:28 PM
Subject: incorrect Windows Password created
Hi Randy I only see a win pe build for windows 7, is there a build
for windows 10? looking at the second link "read me text file
indicates there should be one in the folder, but there is not.

Thanks.


On 12/19/19, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...> wrote:
Use Win PE to boot into a talking environment then run the program for
passwords. I cant remember the name of it but it will be easy to figure
out.links to the docs and the file to create the boot USB below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArI9mdteFUZIgdROYbtr_7dpHfeAAQ?e=3IPTlp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArI9mdteFUZIgcZpRM4KmCX0h-ycEw?e=hLF6sR


On 12/18/2019 7:37 PM, Jim Ruby wrote:
Hi, My gf does not remember her password and it is not linked to her
phone so she can not get a code to reset her password. Anyone have
instructions on creating a windowspe usb boot and instructions to
remove the password?

I did do a search on windowspe as it has been ages since I mest with
it and there is quite a lot to read though.

If anyone has any instructions to save me some time that would be
appreciated.

On 12/10/19, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...> wrote:
Rod, It seems that the solution to this situation is, or would be
similar
to my problem that I had a couple of weeks back with my HP desktop that
was
solved by booting with Win 10 PE and clearing passwords with NVPW edit.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against
the
spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to
resist
in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13


From: Rod
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: incorrect Windows Password created

Gang:

While this wouldn’t be the proper listserv on which to post this, given
that
it was the result of an inaccessibility issue with JAWS, I am posting
here
in case one of you have had to deal with this and can be of help.

Last night, I attempted to change my Windows 10 password. The field was
inaccessible and JAWS was not reading it correctly. In hindsight I
should
have just walked-away, but I proceeded to change the password. After
turning
the computer on today, the password I thought I created has not been
working. Essentially, I am locked-out of my computer.

Any tips, ideas please to recover from this without having to format my
drives with tons of data on there?

Thanks a bunch!

rod,


Rod Alcidonis, Esq.


From: David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

This has also been driving me mad for months now, Brave does the same
thing
as it is based on Chrome.

In the end the solution I found is not to use chrome to download
anything
unless it is tiny..

For download only I return to the old trusty Internet explorer – just
type
I after pressing windows key and it will probably come up but keep on
typing
if it does not.

Press control O and paste in the download link. In IE you will probably
have to press F6 to go to the notification bar to confirm whether you
want
to open or save the download.

After this however if you alt tab away from IE you will not be, unlike
the
annoying Chrome announcements, me bothered by the download status.

Alt tabbing back into IE will resume the download status announcements
or
you can press control J to check on the progress of your download.

David Griffith





.



Sent from Mail for Windows 10



From: ann
Sent: 10 December 2019 15:06
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Turning off download announcement in Chrome



Hi,





Is there any way to get Chrome to stop announcing a download in progress

and its time remaining every minute or so? It's very annoying for a

longer download. I've gone in to Chrome settings,and blocked all

notifications, but this has no effect.





Thanks,



~Ann























.


moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

Richard Turner
 

I only have Jaws 2018, 2019, and 2020 and there is no file on my hard drive called jfwkill.exe.

I did a search of my C drive and found nothing.

So, I think things have changed enough that the JFWkill.exe is no longer used.

 

 

 

Richard

 

🖖 Live long and prosper

 

 

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Kill jaws process completely

 

Hi Jaffar,

 

The steps below are for an older version of Jaws, but hopefully they'll give you a shove in the right direction:

 

hello;

 

if your using jaws15,
you will find the jaws kill at:

 

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

 

if you really need to you could create shortcut to desktop,

 

the windows-key+insert-key+f4=kil/unload jaws from memory.

 

Desktop Icon Steps:

hello;

if your wanting to create shortcut fror,

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

1, desktop;

2, ctrl+spacebar making sure there is no icon selected,

3, press applications key, or shift f10,

up or down arrow and enter on,
new sub-menu,

4, arrow and enter on, new shortcut,

your now being asked,
Type the location of the item:
here you would type in:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

5, tab next enter,

here your being asked to give the shortcut a name,
you will see,
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
you can change this to killjaws, or whatever you wish, now tab finish, press
enter.

heck you could even create an hotkey if your little heart desires.
David


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----

From: Jaffar Sidek

Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Subject: Kill jaws process completely

 

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!



moderated Re: incorrect Windows Password created

Jim Ruby
 

Hi Randy I only see a win pe build for windows 7, is there a build
for windows 10? looking at the second link "read me text file
indicates there should be one in the folder, but there is not.

Thanks.

On 12/19/19, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...> wrote:
Use Win PE to boot into a talking environment then run the program for
passwords. I cant remember the name of it but it will be easy to figure
out.links to the docs and the file to create the boot USB below:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArI9mdteFUZIgdROYbtr_7dpHfeAAQ?e=3IPTlp

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArI9mdteFUZIgcZpRM4KmCX0h-ycEw?e=hLF6sR


On 12/18/2019 7:37 PM, Jim Ruby wrote:
Hi, My gf does not remember her password and it is not linked to her
phone so she can not get a code to reset her password. Anyone have
instructions on creating a windowspe usb boot and instructions to
remove the password?

I did do a search on windowspe as it has been ages since I mest with
it and there is quite a lot to read though.

If anyone has any instructions to save me some time that would be
appreciated.

On 12/10/19, Marty Hutchings <mhutchings152730@...> wrote:
Rod, It seems that the solution to this situation is, or would be
similar
to my problem that I had a couple of weeks back with my HP desktop that
was
solved by booting with Win 10 PE and clearing passwords with NVPW edit.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against
the
spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to
resist
in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13


From: Rod
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: incorrect Windows Password created

Gang:

While this wouldn’t be the proper listserv on which to post this, given
that
it was the result of an inaccessibility issue with JAWS, I am posting
here
in case one of you have had to deal with this and can be of help.

Last night, I attempted to change my Windows 10 password. The field was
inaccessible and JAWS was not reading it correctly. In hindsight I
should
have just walked-away, but I proceeded to change the password. After
turning
the computer on today, the password I thought I created has not been
working. Essentially, I am locked-out of my computer.

Any tips, ideas please to recover from this without having to format my
drives with tons of data on there?

Thanks a bunch!

rod,


Rod Alcidonis, Esq.


From: David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:56 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Turning off download announcement in Chrome

This has also been driving me mad for months now, Brave does the same
thing
as it is based on Chrome.

In the end the solution I found is not to use chrome to download
anything
unless it is tiny..

For download only I return to the old trusty Internet explorer – just
type
I after pressing windows key and it will probably come up but keep on
typing
if it does not.

Press control O and paste in the download link. In IE you will probably
have to press F6 to go to the notification bar to confirm whether you
want
to open or save the download.

After this however if you alt tab away from IE you will not be, unlike
the
annoying Chrome announcements, me bothered by the download status.

Alt tabbing back into IE will resume the download status announcements
or
you can press control J to check on the progress of your download.

David Griffith





.



Sent from Mail for Windows 10



From: ann
Sent: 10 December 2019 15:06
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Turning off download announcement in Chrome



Hi,





Is there any way to get Chrome to stop announcing a download in progress

and its time remaining every minute or so? It's very annoying for a

longer download. I've gone in to Chrome settings,and blocked all

notifications, but this has no effect.





Thanks,



~Ann
















moderated Re: google drive

george b <gbmagoo@...>
 

Right click on the item and arrow down to copy hit enter and find the place to past and past it.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via Groups.Io
Sent: December 20, 2019 8:54
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: google drive

 

Hi,

I do not mess with google drive so no clue how to do what I want to do.

Someone from hims sent me a google drive link with several word documents in it.

Am I able to just click on the word doc and download them to my computer?

 

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

 


moderated google drive

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>
 

Hi,

I do not mess with google drive so no clue how to do what I want to do.

Someone from hims sent me a google drive link with several word documents in it.

Am I able to just click on the word doc and download them to my computer?

 

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

 


moderated Re: Question regarding jaws activation

Mario
 

I don't think there is an actual limit, however, if it is done too
frequently, they will become suspicious as to what's going on and
eventually deny a reset.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Blind Gamer [mailto:gamerblind40@...]
To: jfw@groups.io
Date: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 10:02 PM
Subject: Question regarding jaws activation
Hi friends I want to know that how many times I can reset my number of
keys remaining on my jaws licence
Thanks


moderated Re: open parent document?

Douglas C. DeCamp
 

Getting the entire list of add-ons to show can be somewhat tricky. The filter combo box is sometimes difficult to get to take effect. It may require you hit the space bar a couple of times on the
Show all add-ons. If properly in effect there should be more than 20 add-ons in the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Klaus Vielhauer
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 1:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: open parent document?

Hello,

I followed your steps, however I have no entry for Adobe

in the list for "Add ons".

I have installed "Acrobat reader DC" which works fine with files i folders.


Klausn


On 12/18/2019 2:44 PM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
I assume this is happening in Internet Explorer.
Do the following .
Alt t - Tools
o - Internet Options
Control+tab to Programs
tab to Manage Add-ons
Tab to Filter combo box
Move up to all Add-ons and hit enter to select Tab to the list of
add-ons The Adobe entry should look like this.
Name Adobe PDF Reader
Publisher Adobe Inc.
Status Disabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit
If it is not disabled you need to make this change.
Open parent document is caused by IE trying to open the document in
the browser. By disabling this add-on it should cause Adobe reader to
be opened externally so you can read the document.
--hth---


-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: open parent document?

What do we do with the "open parent document" message when accessing a .pdf?

Thx








moderated Re: Question regarding jaws activation

Chris Hill
 

I don't think they are going to give you that information. 


On 12/19/2019 21:02, Blind Gamer wrote:

Hi friends I want to know that how many times I can reset my number of keys remaining on my jaws licence
Thanks


moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

Marten Post Uiterweer
 

Jaffar,

Ins-f4 to shutdown jaws.
ins-win-f4 to kill the process.

Regards, Marten

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 11:55:36 +0800 "Jaffar Sidek" <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Hi.  What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process?  I know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago.  Thanks and cheers!



moderated Re: open parent document?

Klaus Vielhauer
 

Hello,

I followed your steps, however I have no entry for Adobe

in the list for "Add ons".

I have installed "Acrobat reader DC" which works fine with files i folders.


Klausn

On 12/18/2019 2:44 PM, Douglas C. DeCamp wrote:
I assume this is happening in Internet Explorer.
Do the following .
Alt t - Tools
o - Internet Options
Control+tab to Programs
tab to Manage Add-ons
Tab to Filter combo box
Move up to all Add-ons and hit enter to select
Tab to the list of add-ons
The Adobe entry should look like this.
Name Adobe PDF Reader
Publisher Adobe Inc.
Status Disabled
Architecture 32-bit and 64-bit
If it is not disabled you need to make this change.
Open parent document is caused by IE trying to open the document in the
browser. By disabling this add-on it should cause Adobe reader to be opened
externally so you can read the document.
--hth---


-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: open parent document?

What do we do with the "open parent document" message when accessing a .pdf?

Thx







moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

Marty Hutchings
 

What is the point of Kill JAWS?  You can just hit JAWS Key plus F4 to exit JAWS, or remove it completely through the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.
 
Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13
 

From: Mike B
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: Kill jaws process completely
 
Hi Jaffar,
 
The steps below are for an older version of Jaws, but hopefully they'll give you a shove in the right direction:
 
hello;
 
if your using jaws15,
you will find the jaws kill at:
 
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
 
if you really need to you could create shortcut to desktop,
 
the windows-key+insert-key+f4=kil/unload jaws from memory.
 
Desktop Icon Steps:
hello;

if your wanting to create shortcut fror,

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

1, desktop;

2, ctrl+spacebar making sure there is no icon selected,

3, press applications key, or shift f10,

up or down arrow and enter on,
new sub-menu,

4, arrow and enter on, new shortcut,

your now being asked,
Type the location of the item:
here you would type in:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

5, tab next enter,

here your being asked to give the shortcut a name,
you will see,
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
you can change this to killjaws, or whatever you wish, now tab finish, press
enter.

heck you could even create an hotkey if your little heart desires.
David

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM
Subject: Kill jaws process completely
 
Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!




moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

Mike B
 


Hi Jaffar,
 
The steps below are for an older version of Jaws, but hopefully they'll give you a shove in the right direction:
 
hello;
 
if your using jaws15,
you will find the jaws kill at:
 
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
 
if you really need to you could create shortcut to desktop,
 
the windows-key+insert-key+f4=kil/unload jaws from memory.
 
Desktop Icon Steps:
hello;

if your wanting to create shortcut fror,

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

1, desktop;

2, ctrl+spacebar making sure there is no icon selected,

3, press applications key, or shift f10,

up or down arrow and enter on,
new sub-menu,

4, arrow and enter on, new shortcut,

your now being asked,
Type the location of the item:
here you would type in:

"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"

5, tab next enter,

here your being asked to give the shortcut a name,
you will see,
"C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Runtime JAWS\15.0\JFWKill.exe"
you can change this to killjaws, or whatever you wish, now tab finish, press
enter.

heck you could even create an hotkey if your little heart desires.
David

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:55 PM
Subject: Kill jaws process completely

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I
know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks
and cheers!




moderated Re: JAWS And Excel

 

I have never been able to make these commands work.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: doering@...
Subject: Re: JAWS And Excel

Ann:
Thanks, I will try this sometime.
The key combinations can be difficult sometimes.

Regards,



John Doering
Pricing Analyst
Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org
Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 2:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS And Excel

alternatively:

1. Go to the row with your headers.
2. Press alt+m, then m. JAWS will say "define name, dot dot dot."
3. Press enter to get into the edit field.
4. To have JAWS speak row titles only, type "rowtitle" and press enter.
5. To have JAWS speak column titles only, type "columntitle" and press enter.
6. To have JAWS speak both row and column titles, type "title".

These are Word commands interpreted by JAWS, so if you save the workbook and move it, the titles move too. If you use save-as to create another worksheet, the titles move too. More detailed instructions are available in the JAWS training materials.


moderated Re: Kill jaws process completely

JM Casey
 

Well, jaws key + f4 *should* kill all processes related to JAWS, but, if things are not working right -- it doesn't always.
You could set up a key to do this if you wanted using taskill or something, I guess.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: December 19, 2019 10:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Kill jaws process completely

Hi. What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process? I know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago. Thanks and cheers!


moderated Kill jaws process completely

Jaffar Sidek
 

Hi.  What is the key stroke to completely kill of the Jaws process?  I know there is a way but I forgot as it was told me years ago.  Thanks and cheers!


moderated Question regarding jaws activation

Blind Gamer
 

Hi friends I want to know that how many times I can reset my number of keys remaining on my jaws licence
Thanks


moderated Re: Is there a way to get MS Narrator turned on at the login screen?

Blind Gamer
 

Hi no need to take any cited help simply press control + windows + enter to start narrator


On Fri 20 Dec, 2019, 7:24 AM Ann Byrne, <annakb@...> wrote:
You can set it to turn on automatically in the Narrator
settings.  Ctrl-Windows-n should put you into the settings; just tab
and tab and tab till you find the right place.  It's definitely
available in Windows 10, and probably in windows 7 but I don't remember.

good luck.
At 06:43 PM 12/19/2019, you wrote:
>                 Hi,
>
>I need to download JAWS onto a new computer. I want to use Narrator
>to get to the webpage to do so.
>
>Is there a way to activate MS Narrator at the login screen, or if I
>get sighted help, to activate Narrator at the login screen in future
>if I need to do so?
>
>Thanks in advance. Keith
>





moderated Re: Is there a way to get MS Narrator turned on at the login screen?

James Rinehart
 

Hi Keith Try Control + Windows key + Enter to either turn on or off Narrator

 

Good luck,

 

Jim

 

James Rinehart, MA, ATP, CWDP
Assistive Technology Specialist

4740 Kingsway Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46205

P 317.466.1000 x2527 • F 317.466.2000
jrinehart@...

eastersealscrossroads.org

 

     


        

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D. via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:44 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Is there a way to get MS Narrator turned on at the login screen?

 

                Hi,

 

I need to download JAWS onto a new computer. I want to use Narrator to get to the webpage to do so.

 

Is there a way to activate MS Narrator at the login screen, or if I get sighted help, to activate Narrator at the login screen in future if I need to do so?

 

Thanks in advance. Keith


--
Was wondering if anyone has knowledge if Spark Instant Messenger is compatible with JAWS 2018?

Thanks

Jim Rinehart


moderated Re: JAWS And Excel

Jim Pursley
 

If you are running JAWS 18 and above you would probably be better served, unless you just want a one time read of your spreadsheet, to use the Excel functionality that JAWS now recognizes.

 Hit control/end to find the bottom right corner of your spreadsheet.  remember this cell address.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Place the PC cursor at the upper left intersection of your row/column headers.


Hit the applications key and arrow up a few slots to Define Name.


You can specify  different headers for regions on your spreadsheet if you wish by naming the headers titleregion 1..n.   Or you can use any name you wish so long as all names for regions are unique  Mostly, though, you'll find simple spreadsheets with just one region.  If so, type titleregion1..(ending cell address or greater (or your name for the region plus ..and end cell.  and tab to the end and hit OK.


Your headers will be read AND can be saved with your spreadsheet.


The "Excel" way is now the only permanent way to save headers for JAWS-speak.


You can also go to define name by using the name manager in the Formulas menu.  You will need to use the name manager to revise or to delete your named headers.

On 12/19/2019 3:40 PM, John Doering wrote:

Go to the row with your headers.

Then hit alt, JAWS key, Control, and c at the same time.

 

HTH,

 

 

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS And Excel

 

Hi,

 

My spread sheet has column headers along the top, can someone remind me how to ask JAWS to read these column headers as I navigate around please?

 

Many thanks in anticipation,

 



********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail


moderated Re: How do I uninstall JAWS?

James Malone
 

Hi Brian, thanks for answering that question. I wouldn’t have known that question. However, I do know that the installer will uninstall all components if you choose to.

Best: James

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How do I uninstall JAWS?

 

Mario,

         I'm not James, but what the JAWS uninstaller removes has varied over time.  Freedom Scientific, now Vispero, has never been all that good about thoroughly tidying up at uninstall.  On my own system, under Control Panel, Programs & Features, all of the JAWS-Related stuff shows up with "Freedom Scientific" as the first two words.  So, after doing the JAWS uninstall, I'd go back and check whether any other Freedom Scientific stuff still exists that one wishes to remove.

         The last time I did a JAWS install was in July of this year for JAWS 2019 so that I could run it in 40-minute mode to do a couple of tests.  I imagine that, eventually, the Freedom Scientific branding will disappear, but I doubt that it has yet.  Who knows, they may keep that name since it's so well known.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

        ~ Joshua Liebman