Date   

Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Dani Pagador
 

Should I send it to you off-list? Is it a matter of copying it out of
the .jss file?

Thanks,
Dani

On 10/22/18, Jonas Voll <jonas.voll@envisionus.com> wrote:
Ok I see this one, can you send your script?


Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the
blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation,
education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dani Pagador
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 1:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Jonas, it's the ReadLineNumber script in Exercise 6.2.
Thanks, Brian. I'll look at Freelists.

On 10/22/18, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Dani,

Yes, but not on Groups.io. The only JAWS Scripting
E-mail List I know of can be found here:
https://www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from
what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much
left with Let's Make a Deal.*

~ Fran Lebowitz






SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with
your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to
'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are
confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual
or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution
or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies
of this message from your computer system.




Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

paul lemm
 

Hi Brian,

 

That’s really helpful, I didn’t realise that’s why it was happening, I’m  going to go add that extension now.  Thanks for the  reply.

 

Paul

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Clark via Groups.Io
Sent: 22 October 2018 17:56
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

There is a Google chrome extension called  disable download bar that seems to do the trick. With one of the recent builds of chrome there is a visual bar at the bottom that stays active when doing downloads and it shows the progress bar and that’s what JAWS  is reading. Fortunately, I had the assistance of my sighted   wife who told me about this feature and we discovered this extension which removes that download bar and stops jaws from giving progress announcements when you are downloading.


On Oct 11, 2018, at 12:27 PM, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

Thanks Bill, I’ll see if I can use a similar technique in chrome to stop the download  progress being spoken. Its handy to know for IE though, since occasionally I do get it in IE too where it speaks download progress, but its not all the time, next time it does though I’ll try your trick. Thanks again.

 

Paul

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 11 October 2018 16:36
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi, Paul. I don’t use chrome. Even with Internet Explorer, there have been times where I have gotten download percentages. I don’t know if Chrome works this way, but the way I stopped download percentages in IE is to press ALT plus N for the info bar, then cycle through the options with Tab. Once I do that, I stop hearing the progress.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Morning Bill,

 

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I still need to use jaws in other programs whilst its downloading, so turning off the speech isn’t really an option for  me. thanks for the suggestion though, I think I’ll just have to revert to downloading  really big files through IE, since that doesn’t give me the progress updates. Its not a big deal to  have to do it this way, I  just thought I’d ask in case there was a way of shutting it off in chrome.

 

Paul

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 10 October 2018 22:51
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi, Paul. I think the only way to stop the announcements is to turn off JAWS speech with INSERT plus SPACE, followed by S.

 

For this to work, you must go into your default configuration file for JAWS, and turn Less Speech options from Speech On Demand to Mute Speech.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi,

 

I tried the jaws quick settings for chrome with jaws key and V,  I managed to find the  progress bar  option, I’ve changed it to silent , but I’m still getting the ‘alert downloading, 2 hours left’ message. Thanks for the idea none the less, any other suggestions that might stop the announcements?

 

Paul

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 10 October 2018 21:39
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

When in Chrome, do Insert V to open the JAWS settings for Chrome. Near the bottom of the tree view, you’ll find the progress bar verbosity settings.   You can either turn them off or I think you can change how often they let you know of the progress.

 

 

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

hi,

 

wondering if anyone can help, I use chrome  as my main web browser , but when I download files  every minute                 or there about jaws updates me on the download progress, this isn’t a problem for small files, but if I want to download something that will take an hour or two constantly getting the download update gets a little annoying.  Is there any setting I can alter to stop jaws constantly reading the download progress?

 

Paul

 



This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114


If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Jonas Voll
 

Ok I see this one, can you send your script?


Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dani Pagador
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 1:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Jonas, it's the ReadLineNumber script in Exercise 6.2.
Thanks, Brian. I'll look at Freelists.

On 10/22/18, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Dani,

Yes, but not on Groups.io. The only JAWS Scripting
E-mail List I know of can be found here:
https://www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from
what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much
left with Let's Make a Deal.*

~ Fran Lebowitz






SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.


Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Dani Pagador
 

Jonas, it's the ReadLineNumber script in Exercise 6.2.
Thanks, Brian. I'll look at Freelists.

On 10/22/18, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Dani,

            Yes, but not on Groups.io.   The only JAWS Scripting E-mail List
I know of can be found here:  https://www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

  *If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is
generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's
Make a Deal.*

          ~ Fran Lebowitz




Re: Using Macrium Reflect Version 7 to Take A Full System Image Backup

 

By the way, it is possible to install Macrium Reflect using the command line if you download the command line installer.

See:  https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing+Macrium+Reflect+from+the+command+line 

I have asked them a follow-up question regarding whether the LICKEY parameter is needed for Macrium Reflect Free and will post their response once I get it.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz


Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

 

Dani,

            Yes, but not on Groups.io.   The only JAWS Scripting E-mail List I know of can be found here:  https://www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763  

  If you remove all the homosexuals and homosexual influences from what is generally regarded as American culture, you are pretty much left with Let's Make a Deal.

          ~ Fran Lebowitz


Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

Brian Clark
 

There is a Google chrome extension called  disable download bar that seems to do the trick. With one of the recent builds of chrome there is a visual bar at the bottom that stays active when doing downloads and it shows the progress bar and that’s what JAWS  is reading. Fortunately, I had the assistance of my sighted   wife who told me about this feature and we discovered this extension which removes that download bar and stops jaws from giving progress announcements when you are downloading.


On Oct 11, 2018, at 12:27 PM, paul lemm <paul.lemm@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

Thanks Bill, I’ll see if I can use a similar technique in chrome to stop the download  progress being spoken. Its handy to know for IE though, since occasionally I do get it in IE too where it speaks download progress, but its not all the time, next time it does though I’ll try your trick. Thanks again.

 

Paul

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 11 October 2018 16:36
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi, Paul. I don’t use chrome. Even with Internet Explorer, there have been times where I have gotten download percentages. I don’t know if Chrome works this way, but the way I stopped download percentages in IE is to press ALT plus N for the info bar, then cycle through the options with Tab. Once I do that, I stop hearing the progress.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Morning Bill,

 

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I still need to use jaws in other programs whilst its downloading, so turning off the speech isn’t really an option for  me. thanks for the suggestion though, I think I’ll just have to revert to downloading  really big files through IE, since that doesn’t give me the progress updates. Its not a big deal to  have to do it this way, I  just thought I’d ask in case there was a way of shutting it off in chrome.

 

Paul

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: 10 October 2018 22:51
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi, Paul. I think the only way to stop the announcements is to turn off JAWS speech with INSERT plus SPACE, followed by S.

 

For this to work, you must go into your default configuration file for JAWS, and turn Less Speech options from Speech On Demand to Mute Speech.

 

Bill White

 

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

Hi,

 

I tried the jaws quick settings for chrome with jaws key and V,  I managed to find the  progress bar  option, I’ve changed it to silent , but I’m still getting the ‘alert downloading, 2 hours left’ message. Thanks for the idea none the less, any other suggestions that might stop the announcements?

 

Paul

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 10 October 2018 21:39
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

When in Chrome, do Insert V to open the JAWS settings for Chrome. Near the bottom of the tree view, you’ll find the progress bar verbosity settings.   You can either turn them off or I think you can change how often they let you know of the progress.

 

 

 

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: stopping chrome speaking remaining download time

 

hi,

 

wondering if anyone can help, I use chrome  as my main web browser , but when I download files  every minute                 or there about jaws updates me on the download progress, this isn’t a problem for small files, but if I want to download something that will take an hour or two constantly getting the download update gets a little annoying.  Is there any setting I can alter to stop jaws constantly reading the download progress?

 

Paul

 



This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114


If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.


Re: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Jonas Voll
 

What script is it?


Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dani Pagador
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 11:31 AM
To: main <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Hi, Everyone.
I'm halfway through the Scripting manual and the last script I wrote doesn't work. It compiled correctly, but isn't executing. Is there a Scripting list where I can go to ask questions?

Thanks,
Dani




SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.


Is There a JFW Scripting List?

Dani Pagador
 

Hi, Everyone.
I'm halfway through the Scripting manual and the last script I wrote
doesn't work. It compiled correctly, but isn't executing. Is there a
Scripting list where I can go to ask questions?

Thanks,
Dani


Re: Using Macrium Reflect Version 7 to Take A Full System Image Backup

R&J
 

From the Macrium home page click on "Home users".  This will bring up a menu on which you key your e-mail address and click SUBMIT.  The e-mail will contain a link to begin the download.

I recently discovered this program and it works great.  Pay strict attention to the instructions for creating a rescue disk or USB drive.  Depending upon how your computer boots, you will have to format the rescue media either in NTFS or FAT32 format.  And if your computer is relatively new, the FAT32 format is required and you cannot put files on it that are larger than 4 GB.  Thus, when you install the software, go through the options and set the maximum backup file size to 4 GB rather than the default of automatic.

Ron Kaplan


Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>
 

Thanks...that works

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Alt+f, then t (options), then a (advanced), then uncheck "allow
editing in cells".
At 09:05 PM 10/21/2018, you wrote:
I thought someone said a key stroke of control U corrected this
problem. Is this correct or was some other key stroke?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Hmmm, I haven't changed any settings from the default and it is working
here fine, at least with the latest beta, I haven't tried anything
else.




On 10/19/2018 06:29, Ann Byrne wrote:
Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot
navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this
possible?
Thanks,








Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Richard B. McDonald
 

Hi Jason,

 

You are probably correct about your below.  Although I did run a error checking function on my computer as suggested, in fact zero errors were found.  So, that cannot be the source of the problem.  That said, no doubt that periodically running an error check function is a good idea.

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

It’s more likely to be a JAWS and MS-Word issue than disk corruption. Better performance with large documents was noted, as I recall, in the changes introduced in JAWS 2019.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 3:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Right!  OK, I’ll give this a try!  Thanks!

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

Yes, ssd's are divided into sectors and they can have errors.  These errs have different causes, but they can still happen.  Usually a file system error is caused by windows doing something it shouldn't have.  My last fight with a file system error happened on the ssd of this machine. 

 

 

On 10/21/2018 05:05, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Chris!

 

Huh, this is interesting.  Well, my c: drive is a solid state drive (SSD).  Does error checking appertain to an SSD as it does as regards a hard disk drive (HDD)?  Does an SSD have “sectors” as does an HDD?

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

 I used a similar setup for many years with one document that is currently near 400 pages without a problem.  First thing I'd do in your situation is to scan your disk for errors, even if windows says it is fine make it scan anyway.  I've found an epidemic of disk errors on my machines lately, fixing them usually improves the speed.  Open up this pc, get properties on your c: drive, go to tools and run error checking on your drive.

 

 

 

On 10/20/2018 03:10, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

 

I use MS Word 2007.  As I have begun working with a Word file that is becoming large (e.g., 20+ pages), JAWS seems to be getting increasingly sluggish and mixed-up.  Has anyone seen this before?  Might upgrading to a newer version of Word (really, MS Office) improve this; say like MS Office 2016 or even MS Office 2019?  I am not interested in MS Office 365 because I do not want to be cloud-based.  My system is Windows 7 Pro running JAWS 15, both 64 bit.  My computer is a Pentium i5 with 8 GB of RAN and >91 GB of free disk space on a 256 GB SSD.

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

 


Re: Error 6 Feature Is Not licensed to Run on this Machine

John Covici
 

Why not upgrade Jaws, with the new license you can upgrade all the way
for a relatively low price.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 12:51:56 -0400,
pmbeardy@tbaytel.net wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
hi, yeah probably have to call fs to reset the keys. if a jaws repair doesn't work?

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 09:46:40 -0700, "Joseph Lee" wrote:

Hi,

Not five – three. What the original poster is going through may not have to do with ILM key depletion – rather, JAWS getting confused about locking code and other hardware changes.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of pmbeardy@tbaytel.net
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Error 6 Feature Is Not licensed to Run on this Machine



hi, five keys that's what the fs person told me.maybe if you used that program a number of times in a row you have on key removed?

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 09:28:21 -0700, "Annabelle Susan Morison" wrote:



5 chances? I'm confused!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of pmbeardy@tbaytel.net
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Error 6 Feature Is Not licensed to Run on this Machine




hi, don't know if this is true but i was told you have 5 chances before getting the demo mode problem. had this problem once a week a while back it seemed to happen on Fridays for some reason.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 09:22:45 -0700, "Annabelle Susan Morison" wrote:

Hi, it's Annabelle.

I'm running JAWS 15 on a machine with Windows 7 64 Bit, and when I run my machine for several hours, usually JAWS stays on. However, when I run Atmosphere Deluxe, an ambient sound generator, after several hours, I get "Error 6 feature is
not licensed to run on this machine". Then JAWS goes into unauthorized mode. When I restart my machine, JAWS works right again. But then when I run Atmosphere Deluxe, I get the error after several hours. This happens despite the fact
that "System Standby" is set to "Never". Do I have a network license or a personal license? I'm confused, as JAWS 10 runs without flaws on my older machines (a Dell desktop and a Music XPC Laptop) with Windows XP Professional 32-bit.



--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com


Re: Using Macrium Reflect Version 7 to Take A Full System Image Backup

Jessica D <jldail13@...>
 

Hi,
I'm on the macrium website, as I type, and don't see a download link. 
Where can I get this software from? 

I've never heard of it, until now. 

Thanks,
Jessica



On Oct 10, 2018, at 7:24 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 02:34 PM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
Thanks, any idea where I can get it from please?
Already answered earlier in the posts:  https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/63815 (topic starter) and  https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/63824  

I even made it easier, so that one does not have to drill down through a couple of layers at https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree 
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

    A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back


Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Ann Byrne
 

Alt+f, then t (options), then a (advanced), then uncheck "allow editing in cells".

At 09:05 PM 10/21/2018, you wrote:
I thought someone said a key stroke of control U corrected this problem. Is this correct or was some other key stroke?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Hmmm, I haven't changed any settings from the default and it is working here fine, at least with the latest beta, I haven't tried anything else.




On 10/19/2018 06:29, Ann Byrne wrote:
Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot
navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,








Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>
 

I thought someone said a key stroke of control U corrected this problem. Is this correct or was some other key stroke?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel: unable to edit a cell using f2

Hmmm, I haven't changed any settings from the default and it is working here fine, at least with the latest beta, I haven't tried anything else.




On 10/19/2018 06:29, Ann Byrne wrote:
Office 2016, JAWS 2018.180.10 and 2019, windows 10 build 1803.

Pressing f2 to edit a cell, I can hear the cell content but cannot
navigate using the arrow keys. Is there a setting to make this possible?
Thanks,




Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Jason White
 

It’s more likely to be a JAWS and MS-Word issue than disk corruption. Better performance with large documents was noted, as I recall, in the changes introduced in JAWS 2019.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 3:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Right!  OK, I’ll give this a try!  Thanks!

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

Yes, ssd's are divided into sectors and they can have errors.  These errs have different causes, but they can still happen.  Usually a file system error is caused by windows doing something it shouldn't have.  My last fight with a file system error happened on the ssd of this machine. 

 

 

On 10/21/2018 05:05, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Chris!

 

Huh, this is interesting.  Well, my c: drive is a solid state drive (SSD).  Does error checking appertain to an SSD as it does as regards a hard disk drive (HDD)?  Does an SSD have “sectors” as does an HDD?

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

 I used a similar setup for many years with one document that is currently near 400 pages without a problem.  First thing I'd do in your situation is to scan your disk for errors, even if windows says it is fine make it scan anyway.  I've found an epidemic of disk errors on my machines lately, fixing them usually improves the speed.  Open up this pc, get properties on your c: drive, go to tools and run error checking on your drive.

 

 

 

On 10/20/2018 03:10, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

 

I use MS Word 2007.  As I have begun working with a Word file that is becoming large (e.g., 20+ pages), JAWS seems to be getting increasingly sluggish and mixed-up.  Has anyone seen this before?  Might upgrading to a newer version of Word (really, MS Office) improve this; say like MS Office 2016 or even MS Office 2019?  I am not interested in MS Office 365 because I do not want to be cloud-based.  My system is Windows 7 Pro running JAWS 15, both 64 bit.  My computer is a Pentium i5 with 8 GB of RAN and >91 GB of free disk space on a 256 GB SSD.

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

 


Re: usb drive that was korupted

Jason White
 

Under Windows, I use diskpart for this. It can create partitions and format them with file systems.

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nino Dagostino
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: usb drive that was korupted

 

Hello:

 

I got my usb stick to work I used a partissioning tool and deleted the partission on the stick and then created and now it is working.

 

Just thought I would share the fix.

 

 


Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Richard B. McDonald
 

Right!  OK, I’ll give this a try!  Thanks!

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

Yes, ssd's are divided into sectors and they can have errors.  These errs have different causes, but they can still happen.  Usually a file system error is caused by windows doing something it shouldn't have.  My last fight with a file system error happened on the ssd of this machine. 

 

 

On 10/21/2018 05:05, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Chris!

 

Huh, this is interesting.  Well, my c: drive is a solid state drive (SSD).  Does error checking appertain to an SSD as it does as regards a hard disk drive (HDD)?  Does an SSD have “sectors” as does an HDD?

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

 I used a similar setup for many years with one document that is currently near 400 pages without a problem.  First thing I'd do in your situation is to scan your disk for errors, even if windows says it is fine make it scan anyway.  I've found an epidemic of disk errors on my machines lately, fixing them usually improves the speed.  Open up this pc, get properties on your c: drive, go to tools and run error checking on your drive.

 

 

 

On 10/20/2018 03:10, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

 

I use MS Word 2007.  As I have begun working with a Word file that is becoming large (e.g., 20+ pages), JAWS seems to be getting increasingly sluggish and mixed-up.  Has anyone seen this before?  Might upgrading to a newer version of Word (really, MS Office) improve this; say like MS Office 2016 or even MS Office 2019?  I am not interested in MS Office 365 because I do not want to be cloud-based.  My system is Windows 7 Pro running JAWS 15, both 64 bit.  My computer is a Pentium i5 with 8 GB of RAN and >91 GB of free disk space on a 256 GB SSD.

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

 


Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

Chris Hill
 

Hello.


Yes, ssd's are divided into sectors and they can have errors.  These errs have different causes, but they can still happen.  Usually a file system error is caused by windows doing something it shouldn't have.  My last fight with a file system error happened on the ssd of this machine. 



On 10/21/2018 05:05, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Chris!

 

Huh, this is interesting.  Well, my c: drive is a solid state drive (SSD).  Does error checking appertain to an SSD as it does as regards a hard disk drive (HDD)?  Does an SSD have “sectors” as does an HDD?

 

Thanks,

Richard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: NS Word and JAWS Becoming Sluggish with Large File

 

Hello.

 

 I used a similar setup for many years with one document that is currently near 400 pages without a problem.  First thing I'd do in your situation is to scan your disk for errors, even if windows says it is fine make it scan anyway.  I've found an epidemic of disk errors on my machines lately, fixing them usually improves the speed.  Open up this pc, get properties on your c: drive, go to tools and run error checking on your drive.

 

 

 

On 10/20/2018 03:10, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi!

 

I use MS Word 2007.  As I have begun working with a Word file that is becoming large (e.g., 20+ pages), JAWS seems to be getting increasingly sluggish and mixed-up.  Has anyone seen this before?  Might upgrading to a newer version of Word (really, MS Office) improve this; say like MS Office 2016 or even MS Office 2019?  I am not interested in MS Office 365 because I do not want to be cloud-based.  My system is Windows 7 Pro running JAWS 15, both 64 bit.  My computer is a Pentium i5 with 8 GB of RAN and >91 GB of free disk space on a 256 GB SSD.

 

Thanks,

Richard