Date   

Re: web mail or thunderbird

 

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 10:39 am, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I find that for a blind person an email client is still a bit more efficient than using a web interface.

Which has been my personal observation, too, and now that I have around six years of those under my belt I'm pretty confident that this, though anecdotal, applies beyond anecdotally.

The consistency offered by the use of an e-mail client, particularly across multiple accounts possibly from multiple e-mail services, is really important to most of my clients. 
--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.


Re: major thunderbird issues

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Under options / general uncheck the show start page then click OK, close all other tabs this should start you at the folders tab.
tab to the folders tab. shift f10 and select close all other tabs...

 On 5/15/2017 8:33 AM, Maria Campbell wrote:

Press alt plus v for view, then arrow to sort by and enter.  I have checked by date and descending, which brings unread to the top.

I don't know of anyway to tell which message you are on.

Try the following for opening into your inbox.  Alt t for tools menu; then arrow to account settings; arrow to server settings.  Tab and make sure check for messages when Thunderbird starts is checked.  That might do it.

Also, it's very important for your message preview pane to be closed by pressing the f8 key.  When it's closed you should be able to tab between your folders, and your messages.  And, you should be able to arrow either from folder to folder or message to message.

Good luck. 


lucky1inct@...
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.
On 5/15/2017 12:14 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi,
 
I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.
 
So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.
 
However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:
 
1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.
 
2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.
 
3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.
 
Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


 




Re: web mail or thunderbird

 

I find that for a blind person an email client is still a bit more efficient than using a web interface. I know some shortcuts can be used on some web interfaces, but I use Outlook and it's just a cleaner less cluttered interface, I can do a lot with keyboard shortcuts and as I deal with a lot of email it is important to me that I can do so in the fastest possible way. If I just had one personal email account and received a moderate amount of email I might consider it, but then again I do subscribe to Office 365 which gives me access to Outlook so why would I not use it.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 5:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: web mail or thunderbird

You're so right. Gonna give both a try and play around with it for a bit.

On 5/14/17, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Jed,

       I don't think there is a "one best answer" because it really
depends on what any given individual wants and how well they can
handle (as in not get frustrated by) the web mail interface(s) they'd
be using versus the e-mail client program [likely singular] they'd be
using with screen reader(s).

       As Randy has already noted, using an e-mail client, whether
Thunderbird or other, allows you to read one or more e-mail accounts
all in one place with one interface you need to learn with the screen
reader(s) you choose to use.  This is a great advantage as far as
someone beginning to use screen readers, but for someone who's a
sophisticated user already and who doesn't mind having to memorize the
extra bits specific to any e-mail providers web interface they may not
want to use an e-mail client.  Most e-mail client programs also
support a unified inbox, which puts messages from all of your e-mail
accounts into what appears to be a single inbox, which some people
love [I don't, I have separate e-mail accounts for separate purposes
and prefer to visit the actual inbox of each so I know exactly what
I'm dealing with at the moment].  As far as screen readers go at the
moment it seems that Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail 2012 (which can
be downloaded from here (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOOUtTT3Eyc041T1E ) and
works just fine for POP/IMAP access to e-mail servers) are both the most accessibility friendly.

        It all comes down to what suits you best and to tell the truth
only you can determine that and the best way to do so is try an e-mail
client and try the web interfaces for the accounts you have to see
which access method you like better.  My only word of caution is that
if you are using an e-mail client to access your messages, and you
anticipate using other devices to do so as well or will need to
occasionally use the web interface for a "quick check" on someone
else's machine, definitely set your e-mail accounts up such that they use IMAP access to the server rather than POP.

--
*Brian*

        Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very
definition of casting pearls before swine.


Re: Jaws & Moodle 3.2

Luis Difut
 

Thanks!

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 1:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws & Moodle 3.2

 

All I can tell you is that Moodle (no idea what version) was nearly entirely, if not entirely, accessible with JAWS 15/16 (or maybe 14/15) when I was working with a university student who needed to use it about a year and a half ago.

--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.


Re: witchcraft with jaws

 

Hi Pablo,

 

Not sure how to fix your issue with Jaws, but one comment regarding Creator’s Update. You said you downgraded which is a short-term solution only. I kow you may not like this because you always bash Apple for forcing people to upgrade, but there will come a point when Microsoft will push this update to you and you won’t have a choice. I think instead of downgrading backing up your data (which is something everybody shold do anyways) and reinstalling Windows and then Jaws and your applications would have been the better solution and one which should have fixed any issues. Just my two cents worth.

 

Regards,

Sieghard

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: witchcraft with jaws

 

Hi all,

I have a weird situation with jaws 18. It is the problem. I  started getting some problems after I installed windows creator, so I downgraded it to the previous version of windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall office and everything was working well, but jaws continued crashing. So  I uninstalled jaws, but after I restarted my computer when the windows installer finishing removing jaws, jaws continue talking. I  went to check the list of programs installed, and there wasn’t jaws. However I used jaws to do all these tasks. So, obviously windows installer, the register and windows are not communicating very well. How can I fix my jaws when my computer doesn’t know that is installed?

Thanks for all,

 


Re: Jaws & Moodle 3.2

 

All I can tell you is that Moodle (no idea what version) was nearly entirely, if not entirely, accessible with JAWS 15/16 (or maybe 14/15) when I was working with a university student who needed to use it about a year and a half ago.

--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.


Jaws & Moodle 3.2

Luis Difut
 

Can anyone direct me to information regarding Moodle 3.2 & Jaws 18? If it is accessible for teachers using Jaws & for students? Thanks!


Re: major thunderbird issues

Maria Campbell
 

Press alt plus v for view, then arrow to sort by and enter.  I have checked by date and descending, which brings unread to the top.

I don't know of anyway to tell which message you are on.

Try the following for opening into your inbox.  Alt t for tools menu; then arrow to account settings; arrow to server settings.  Tab and make sure check for messages when Thunderbird starts is checked.  That might do it.

Also, it's very important for your message preview pane to be closed by pressing the f8 key.  When it's closed you should be able to tab between your folders, and your messages.  And, you should be able to arrow either from folder to folder or message to message.

Good luck. 


lucky1inct@...
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.
On 5/15/2017 12:14 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hi,
 
I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.
 
So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.
 
However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:
 
1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.
 
2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.
 
3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.
 
Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


 



Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

 

Registry cleaners really should never be used, period.

CCleaner is an excellent tool otherwise, but avoid the registry cleaner like all registry cleaners.

In the final analysis, as is so often the case, it is essential that you be taking full system image backups, and on a regular basis, of any machine whose loss would be catastrophic (and that generally includes one's own personal computer).
--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.


Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
 

Sieghard, your point is well taken. Registry cleaners are a bit like wild animals--you can never completely trust them. I used Norton for years under 98; then one day it went postal, and I had to have an IT acquaintance come over and help me out of a jam.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10
Sieghard,

Couple of years ago, MS accessibility warned me not to use this program anymore and at that point I simply uninstalled it and just use the built in MS tools.

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hi Jed,

If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found, then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey guys,

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's now working to re-install windows.


Re: short tutorial installing Win 10 with narrator

Alan Robbins
 

Jonas,

Thanks, will give a listen.
Also, changed subject line to be relevant to your post.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jonas Voll
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 9:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey guys I created a short tutorial using Narrator to install Win 10!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisbQGCa7nU


Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.


Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Jonas Voll
 

Hey guys I created a short tutorial using Narrator to install Win 10!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YisbQGCa7nU


Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hi Jed,

If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found, then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey guys,

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's now working to re-install windows.







SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com and logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 'spam@nospam.envisionus.com'
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.


Re: web mail or thunderbird

Jed Barton
 

You're so right. Gonna give both a try and play around with it for a bit.

On 5/14/17, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Jed,

       I don't think there is a "one best answer" because it really depends
on what any given individual wants and how well they can handle (as in not
get frustrated by) the web mail interface(s) they'd be using versus the
e-mail client program [likely singular] they'd be using with screen
reader(s).

       As Randy has already noted, using an e-mail client, whether
Thunderbird or other, allows you to read one or more e-mail accounts all in
one place with one interface you need to learn with the screen reader(s) you
choose to use.  This is a great advantage as far as someone beginning to use
screen readers, but for someone who's a sophisticated user already and who
doesn't mind having to memorize the extra bits specific to any e-mail
providers web interface they may not want to use an e-mail client.  Most
e-mail client programs also support a unified inbox, which puts messages
from all of your e-mail accounts into what appears to be a single inbox,
which some people love [I don't, I have separate e-mail accounts for
separate purposes and prefer to visit the actual inbox of each so I know
exactly what I'm dealing with at the moment].  As far as screen readers go
at the moment it seems that Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail 2012 (which
can be downloaded from here (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOOUtTT3Eyc041T1E ) and works
just fine for POP/IMAP access to e-mail servers) are both the most
accessibility friendly.

        It all comes down to what suits you best and to tell the truth only
you can determine that and the best way to do so is try an e-mail client and
try the web interfaces for the accounts you have to see which access method
you like better.  My only word of caution is that if you are using an e-mail
client to access your messages, and you anticipate using other devices to do
so as well or will need to occasionally use the web interface for a "quick
check" on someone else's machine, definitely set your e-mail accounts up
such that they use IMAP access to the server rather than POP.

--
*Brian*

        Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition
of casting pearls before swine.


Re: Jaws and Microsoft Publisher

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
 

If A project absolutely required a tool such as Publisher, one could prepare a reasonable draft in Word, and then turn it over to a pro--just as some of us routinely did in the days before desktop PC's took all the drudgery out of typing.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nicole Massey
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 5:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and Microsoft Publisher

Yes, of course. And yes, there are a lot more steps in doing desktop layout with Word than with Publisher, as Word isn't optimized for such things. This is why I drew the parallel with Sibelius, which also has some pretty specific layout requirements and *has* been made accessible enough to turn out stuff sighted folks can process into usable information.
I always preferred Framemaker to Publisher myself back in the days when I could see.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 4:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and Microsoft Publisher

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 02:06 pm, Nicole Massey wrote:


If proper layout can be done in Sibelius it can be done in Publisher

If basic layout is all that's being sought then I'd definitely go for a tool other than Publisher.

Desktop publishing is about a lot more than simple layout, which can be accomplished with many more accessible tools such as MS-Word.

Fitting the tool to both the user and the actual task, for any user and any actual task, is always a good idea. Putting someone in the cockpit of a commercial airliner and telling them to fly it when what you're looking for is a paper airplane tossed across a room makes no sense.
--
Brian

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.


Re: witchcraft with jaws

Pablo Morales
 

I already did so, and jaws doesn’t appear in the installed programs.

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: witchcraft with jaws

 

download the version of Jaws you need then find it and right click (shift f10) click copy as path. then hit windows key + r and paste the path you copied earlier followed by /type repair just as I typed it. Hit enter and the installer will repair Jaws.
On 5/14/2017 6:43 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hi all,

I have a weird situation with jaws 18. It is the problem. I  started getting some problems after I installed windows creator, so I downgraded it to the previous version of windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall office and everything was working well, but jaws continued crashing. So  I uninstalled jaws, but after I restarted my computer when the windows installer finishing removing jaws, jaws continue talking. I  went to check the list of programs installed, and there wasn’t jaws. However I used jaws to do all these tasks. So, obviously windows installer, the register and windows are not communicating very well. How can I fix my jaws when my computer doesn’t know that is installed?

Thanks for all,

 

 


Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Hi,
 
I got curious so I installed Thunderbird 45.8 about 2 hours ago.  It’s a very interesting email client.  And, that’s saying a lot for me because I hate change.
 
So far, it downloads large amounts of messages with out a hicup.  It can also handle deleting one thousand emails with out choking.  I wish WLM had received more attention from MS.
 
However, I do have a few questions.  I’ll probably figure out around half of them but:
 
1.  Can I rearange the message headers?  For example, I prefer “unread” to be anounced right up front if possible.
 
2.  Is there a key stroke to get Jaws to anounce which message you are on in 45.8?  For example, message 22 of 100.
 
3.  How do I get TB to open up at the InBox instead of the home page.
 
Thanks to all, especially Randy who stuck with me for several days.
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


 


Re: witchcraft with jaws

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

download the version of Jaws you need then find it and right click (shift f10) click copy as path. then hit windows key + r and paste the path you copied earlier followed by /type repair just as I typed it. Hit enter and the installer will repair Jaws.

On 5/14/2017 6:43 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

Hi all,

I have a weird situation with jaws 18. It is the problem. I  started getting some problems after I installed windows creator, so I downgraded it to the previous version of windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall office and everything was working well, but jaws continued crashing. So  I uninstalled jaws, but after I restarted my computer when the windows installer finishing removing jaws, jaws continue talking. I  went to check the list of programs installed, and there wasn’t jaws. However I used jaws to do all these tasks. So, obviously windows installer, the register and windows are not communicating very well. How can I fix my jaws when my computer doesn’t know that is installed?

Thanks for all,

 



witchcraft with jaws

Pablo Morales
 

Hi all,

I have a weird situation with jaws 18. It is the problem. I  started getting some problems after I installed windows creator, so I downgraded it to the previous version of windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall office and everything was working well, but jaws continued crashing. So  I uninstalled jaws, but after I restarted my computer when the windows installer finishing removing jaws, jaws continue talking. I  went to check the list of programs installed, and there wasn’t jaws. However I used jaws to do all these tasks. So, obviously windows installer, the register and windows are not communicating very well. How can I fix my jaws when my computer doesn’t know that is installed?

Thanks for all,

 


Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Yep, I lucked out when I Googled for that.
 
I now have TB 45.8.  I just have stuff to do for today so I will have to get back to this later.
 
Randy, thanks,
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


 


For Win10 Users who'd like an easy way to automatically include their Win10 Version, Build, & Type Information

 

I know that most participants do not use the web interface, but here is an instance where you might want to make a "one shot" visit to your own Subscription page:
 
             https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/editsub
 
for the group to include a signature when you post via e-mail.  There is a checkbox on the page that reads, "Use signature for email posting" that's immediately followed by an edit box for the signature itself.
 
As you can see in my own, I've now added my current Windows 10 version, build, and specific type information following my name.  The name, of course, is not necessary.
 
This is an easy edit each time any one of the above mentioned pieces of information is changed and it will be automatically added to the end of any message you send to the group via e-mail (or web, too, if you check that checkbox and use the web interface).
--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.