Date   

witchcraft with jaws

Pablo Morales
 

Hi all,

I have a weird situation with jaws 18. It is the problem. I  started getting some problems after I installed windows creator, so I downgraded it to the previous version of windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall office and everything was working well, but jaws continued crashing. So  I uninstalled jaws, but after I restarted my computer when the windows installer finishing removing jaws, jaws continue talking. I  went to check the list of programs installed, and there wasn’t jaws. However I used jaws to do all these tasks. So, obviously windows installer, the register and windows are not communicating very well. How can I fix my jaws when my computer doesn’t know that is installed?

Thanks for all,

 


Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Yep, I lucked out when I Googled for that.
 
I now have TB 45.8.  I just have stuff to do for today so I will have to get back to this later.
 
Randy, thanks,
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


 


For Win10 Users who'd like an easy way to automatically include their Win10 Version, Build, & Type Information

 

I know that most participants do not use the web interface, but here is an instance where you might want to make a "one shot" visit to your own Subscription page:
 
             https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/editsub
 
for the group to include a signature when you post via e-mail.  There is a checkbox on the page that reads, "Use signature for email posting" that's immediately followed by an edit box for the signature itself.
 
As you can see in my own, I've now added my current Windows 10 version, build, and specific type information following my name.  The name, of course, is not necessary.
 
This is an easy edit each time any one of the above mentioned pieces of information is changed and it will be automatically added to the end of any message you send to the group via e-mail (or web, too, if you check that checkbox and use the web interface).
--
Brian        Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

 

        Many are under the gross misapprehension that the Constitution is a cage and a laundry-list rather than a framework upon which great things have been and still will be built.  Many things that are entirely Constitutional are not "in the Constitution," but are allowed under it.


Re: web mail or thunderbird

 

Jed,

       I don't think there is a "one best answer" because it really depends on what any given individual wants and how well they can handle (as in not get frustrated by) the web mail interface(s) they'd be using versus the e-mail client program [likely singular] they'd be using with screen reader(s).

       As Randy has already noted, using an e-mail client, whether Thunderbird or other, allows you to read one or more e-mail accounts all in one place with one interface you need to learn with the screen reader(s) you choose to use.  This is a great advantage as far as someone beginning to use screen readers, but for someone who's a sophisticated user already and who doesn't mind having to memorize the extra bits specific to any e-mail providers web interface they may not want to use an e-mail client.  Most e-mail client programs also support a unified inbox, which puts messages from all of your e-mail accounts into what appears to be a single inbox, which some people love [I don't, I have separate e-mail accounts for separate purposes and prefer to visit the actual inbox of each so I know exactly what I'm dealing with at the moment].  As far as screen readers go at the moment it seems that Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail 2012 (which can be downloaded from here and works just fine for POP/IMAP access to e-mail servers) are both the most accessibility friendly.

        It all comes down to what suits you best and to tell the truth only you can determine that and the best way to do so is try an e-mail client and try the web interfaces for the accounts you have to see which access method you like better.  My only word of caution is that if you are using an e-mail client to access your messages, and you anticipate using other devices to do so as well or will need to occasionally use the web interface for a "quick check" on someone else's machine, definitely set your e-mail accounts up such that they use IMAP access to the server rather than POP.

--
Brian

        Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.


Re: web mail or thunderbird

Maria Campbell
 

I like TB very much.



lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 5/14/2017 2:01 PM, Mario wrote:
I use TB because it's just mor convenient and simple, once I'm
configured right.


-------- Original Message --------
From: Jed Barton [mailto:jed@jedbarton.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:36 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: web mail or thunderbird

Hey guys,
Thought i would get some feedback from you guys. I'm giving it a shot
to see how much i like it and so far so good. Do you guys mainly use
a program like thunderbird, or do most of you stick to html with gmail
with jfw? I gotta say so far it seems great not to have another
program running. Just figured i would get some good feedback.

Cheers,
Jed



.




Re: major thunderbird issues

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Here is the installer for 45.8 from the link you provided. Its pretty cool that every release ever is still up on TB;''s server! :)
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/45.8.0/win32/en-US/

On 5/14/2017 12:12 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.




Re: WordPress and Jaws

James Bentley
 

    OK, do you have an opinion as to which version of TB I should use.  The 38.3 that I already downloaded or, maybe V45.8 that a couple others have reccomended?
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: WordPress and Jaws
 
I am not having any issues with the site... Try a different browser or delete your cache in IE...



Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Hi Randy,
 
Well, after I took a look at the link that I posted , I discovered that I couldn’t make heads nor tails out of the stupid thing.  So, I downloaded TB V38.3 from the link that you posted.
 
Later this afternoon, I will try to figure out if I understand how to completely delete all of my current TB files.  If so, I will go for the new TB install.
 
I appreciate all of your time and effort,
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.



retrieving from Mozy

judith bron
 

How do you retrieve a document from Mozy?  Thanks, Judith


Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Randy, thanks for looking.
 
I just found a ThunderbirdFTTP site where all prior versions are listed.
 
I saw on a list some where that TB 45.8 was a good choice for a Jaws17 user.  I’m curious to know what you think about that.
 
Here’s the link.
 
 

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.



Re: major thunderbird issues

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

This is a safe download. I have got files here before.
http://www.bestdownload.com/view.php?detail=1152

V38 is the only version I could find that wasn't a Alpha or Beta.


Re: web mail or thunderbird

Mario
 

I use TB because it's just mor convenient and simple, once I'm
configured right.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jed Barton [mailto:jed@jedbarton.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 1:36 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: web mail or thunderbird

Hey guys,
Thought i would get some feedback from you guys. I'm giving it a shot
to see how much i like it and so far so good. Do you guys mainly use
a program like thunderbird, or do most of you stick to html with gmail
with jfw? I gotta say so far it seems great not to have another
program running. Just figured i would get some good feedback.

Cheers,
Jed



.


Re: web mail or thunderbird

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

I prefer TB. But I have multiple e-mail domains So its really nice to have them all in one place.

On 5/14/2017 10:36 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,
Thought i would get some feedback from you guys. I'm giving it a shot
to see how much i like it and so far so good. Do you guys mainly use
a program like thunderbird, or do most of you stick to html with gmail
with jfw? I gotta say so far it seems great not to have another
program running. Just figured i would get some good feedback.

Cheers,
Jed


miranda annoyances

Jed Barton
 

Hey guys. Any of use miranda ng with facebook to chat with jfw? OK,
i just installed it and it's loading fine. However i have 1 issue,
when it comes up there are obvisouly some chats there, and they seem
like group chats. As it's loading, it'll say like 2 or 3 names,
something like, john, joe, and 1 more message session. I also hear
this sound go off a few times, it goes ding dong ding ding dong ding
dong,, then i hear like a pop pop pop pop sound. Any idea what this
garbage is, and how to get rid of it? All i want are my contacts to
come up. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jed


Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Mario
 

yeah, I realized after sending my post. sorry for that.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Alan Robbins [mailto:alan1057@me.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 12:18 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

I was alluding to the disk cleanup utility

On May 13, 2017, at 7:41 PM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

Alan, and what would those built in tools be? I thought the outline that
Siehgard mentioned is the way to do it.



-------- Original Message --------
From: Alan Robbins [mailto:alan1057@me.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:48 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Sieghard,

Couple of years ago, MS accessibility warned me not to use this program
anymore and at that point I simply uninstalled it and just use the built
in MS tools.

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hi Jed,

If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I have
long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to have one
as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found, then it said
it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran it a minute
later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in
my opinion.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey guys,

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but
never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.










.








.


web mail or thunderbird

Jed Barton
 

Hey guys,
Thought i would get some feedback from you guys. I'm giving it a shot
to see how much i like it and so far so good. Do you guys mainly use
a program like thunderbird, or do most of you stick to html with gmail
with jfw? I gotta say so far it seems great not to have another
program running. Just figured i would get some good feedback.

Cheers,
Jed


Re: major thunderbird issues

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

On 5/14/2017 2:30 AM, James Bentley wrote:
Do you know where I can find a safe download for TB version 42?
 
Thanks for your assistance.
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Yes The latest Jaws release is the only working version for the current version of Thunderbird.
You can uninstall Thunderbird. Then delete all of the Thunderbird folders in Programs and Programs X86 then users/ your user name/ app data/ local and roaming.
Restart your computer.
Then find a v42 or older installer and reinstall Thunderbird. Be sure to turn off updates in Thunderbird Preferences
Never update unless you get the latest Jaws 18 first.

On 5/13/2017 5:37 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hello,
 
Does this mean that the latest release of Jaws 17 will not work right with the latest version of TB?
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
> thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
> where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
> like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
> from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed
>
>
>
This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates
and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page
is not the latest patched version.



 

I dont have time right now but I will look for you later this evening. Otherwise just do a search and go with major software sites like c net softpedia downloads .con and so on.


Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Alan Robbins
 

I was alluding to the disk cleanup utility

On May 13, 2017, at 7:41 PM, Mario <mrb620@hotmail.com> wrote:

Alan, and what would those built in tools be? I thought the outline that
Siehgard mentioned is the way to do it.



-------- Original Message --------
From: Alan Robbins [mailto:alan1057@me.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:48 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Sieghard,

Couple of years ago, MS accessibility warned me not to use this program
anymore and at that point I simply uninstalled it and just use the built
in MS tools.

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hi Jed,

If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I have
long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to have one
as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found, then it said
it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran it a minute
later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in
my opinion.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey guys,

OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c
cleaner. I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but
never again with win 10. Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
happy! I would not suggest it. I did a clean up yesterday, went to
reboot, and had no speech. I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
now working to re-install windows.










.





Re: major thunderbird issues

James Bentley
 

Do you know where I can find a safe download for TB version 42?
 
Thanks for your assistance.
 
James B
 
 
 

Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
Yes The latest Jaws release is the only working version for the current version of Thunderbird.
You can uninstall Thunderbird. Then delete all of the Thunderbird folders in Programs and Programs X86 then users/ your user name/ app data/ local and roaming.
Restart your computer.
Then find a v42 or older installer and reinstall Thunderbird. Be sure to turn off updates in Thunderbird Preferences
Never update unless you get the latest Jaws 18 first.

On 5/13/2017 5:37 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hello,
 
Does this mean that the latest release of Jaws 17 will not work right with the latest version of TB?
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: major thunderbird issues
 
On 5/13/2017 2:51 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> OK, i just ahd to re-install jfw on another computer.  I installed
> thunderbird.  I have a bunch of email here, when i go to my inbox,
> where the messages should be, as i arrow up and down, i hear nothing,
> like it doesn't read the message subject or anything.  When i tab over
> from the inbox it tells me who it's from.  This isn't right.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Jed
>
>
>
This happened to me also... You need to tell Jaws to check for updates
and get the latest version installed. The file on the Jaws download page
is not the latest patched version.



 


Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Oh, The key as to be for win 7 or 8/8.1.

On 5/13/2017 8:02 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Yes. You just need to get the installer going then you can use narrator to install Windows 10.
On 5/13/2017 5:44 PM, James Bentley wrote:
Hello,
 
After I run the Media Creation Tool application, Will the thumb drive install on any computer that can work with Windows10?  I am assuming that all I would need is my product key that previously worked with that particular computer.
 
James B
 
 
 
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10
 
You need a working Windows 10 computer and an 8 Gb USB stick (or larger).
You then download and run the Media Creation Tool application to create the Windows installation on the stick.
You can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and find the "Download Tool Now" link, this will download the Media Creation Tool to your downloads folder. When you run it (it's a small application) you can choose to either install Windows 10 on your PC or to create the installation media.It's pretty straight forward, but as I said, to create a USB stick you need to do this on a Windows 10 computer, if you do it from a Windows 7 computer it won't work.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 3:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10

Hey there,
OK, now you ahve me curious, how do i create a usb stick with a windows install?  I would love to do this if possible.  I had no idea it could be done.  Any ideas how to do it?

On 5/13/17, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
> Hi Jed,
>
> If you have a copy of Windows 10 Creators Update on a USB stick, the
> entire installation process is accessible with Narrator, definitely
> worthwhile to create such a stick for the future.
> Also, out of curiocity, did even Narrator not work any more?
> As for those registry cleaners and optimizers and what have you, I
> have long since decided that they are all a bunch of BS. I used to
> have one as well and each time I ran it tere were things it found,
> then it said it had fixed whatever number of problems and when I ran
> it a minute later it had another couple of dozen problems, like I said, total BS in my opinion.
>
> Regards,
> Sieghard
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed
> Barton
> Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2017 2:54 PM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: major warning about c cleaner and windows 10
>
> Hey guys,
>
> OK for those of you using windows 10, i had a bad experience with c cleaner.
>  I ahve used it for years with various versions of windows, but never
> again with win 10.  Long story short, i now have to re-format, not
> happy!  I would not suggest it.  I did a clean up yesterday, went to
> reboot, and had no speech.  I hadc to have a friend come over and he's
> now working to re-install windows.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>