Date   

Re: jaws professional?

Kelly Pierce
 

The big difference is the end user’s bank account. JAWS Professional
is intended for an employment setting. If someone uses a home license
at work, the end user runs the risk of FS invalidating the license
because the person lied to FS. The blind person would then not have a
version of JAWS to use at work.

Kelly

On 3/22/16, dennis <dennisc67@gmail.com> wrote:
nothing. unless you work at a company that uses a network to connect all of
its machines. other than that the home version is just fine.

On 3/22/2016 9:55 AM, Mark Furness wrote:

What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark




Re: Drop Box file sharing

Marianne Denning
 

Gwen's directions did work. I followed them and shared a file I had
created with someone. My problems is that JAWS will not tell me what
to put in each place. I need to write the email, a message and
invite. JAWS is totally silent at this point so I had to guess what
to put where. I have done it 2 ways in the past. I have used the
Drop Box that is on my desk top and I have gone to the website. It
seems like they change the website on a regular basis so sharing from
Drop Box without going to the website is better. I just wish JAWS
would tell me what information I need to provide as I tab through the
areas. Insert+tab does not give me any information either. JAWS is
just silent. I guessed and got the information in the right places.
Thanks for your help.

On 3/22/16, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:
Hi, Gwen. The reason I believe that Marianne is having trouble following
your instructions is that both of you are talking about two different
things. You are trying to show her how to get and copy a public link for a
file in her public DropBox folder into an email to send to another user.

On the otherhand, what Marianne wants to do, I believe, is to share one of
her dropbox folders with a DropBox user with a different account. This may
be what is causing the problem in communication.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Gwensinfo
To: jfw@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: Drop Box file sharing


If you want to call me send me an email and I'll provide you my number, or
I can call you and I will help you with this. You actually don't go to
share, you go to copy drop box link

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com>
wrote:


I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to
share, used the application key and went to share. When I hit enter I went
into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box. I
assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the
request. This morning the person had accepted my request to share the
folder. Those were the steps you explained. Thanks!



On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:

I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about
creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes.
When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to
any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue
"
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning
<marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:


It worked that way. JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit
box so I have to walk by faith. It did work. I think that is just a glitch
in my computer.



On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo
<gwensinfo@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant
dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his
tongue "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@gmail.com>
wrote:


So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in
for a while.

Cindy





From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@denningweb.com]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing



Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it
has changed and seems less accessible. Has anyone tried to share a folder
recently? If so, could you give me some tips please.



--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired

(513) 607-6053








--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053






--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>
 

Hi Bill, I am so confused. I don't use a public dropbox. I have all my own dropbox ID and password. I share files the way I was talking about with a friend of mine who has her own dropbox account and it is not tied to my dropbox account. Totally confused. Take care

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 12:22 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Gwen. The reason I believe that Marianne is having trouble following your instructions is that both of you are talking about two different things. You are trying to show her how to get and copy a public link for a file in her public DropBox folder into an email to send to another user.
 
On the otherhand, what Marianne wants to do, I believe, is to share one of her dropbox folders with a DropBox user with a different account. This may be what is causing the problem in communication.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gwensinfo
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: Drop Box file sharing

If you want to call me send me an email and I'll provide you my number, or I can call you and I will help you with this. You actually don't go to share, you go to copy drop box link

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to share, used the application key and went to share.  When I hit enter I went into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box.  I assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the request.  This morning the person had accepted my request to share the folder.  Those were the steps you explained.  Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: Drop Box file sharing

duncan callum <dcallum@...>
 

if you go to the dropbox page ,find the folder you want to share
press enter on it
now arrow up to add members
it wil then put you right in the edit field to put in amaile address
tab down to send a note ,use if you want ,or tab again to send invites
works every time
eAt 11:22 AM 22/03/2016, you wrote:


Hi, Gwen. The reason I believe that Marianne is having trouble following your instructions is that both of you are talking about two different things. You are trying to show her how to get and copy a public link for a file in her public DropBox folder into an email to send to another user.
 
On the otherhand, what Marianne wants to do, I believe, is to share one of her dropbox folders with a DropBox user with a different account. This may be what is causing the problem in communication.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
----- Original Message -----
From: Gwensinfo
To: jfw@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: Drop Box file sharing

If you want to call me send me an email and I'll provide you my number, or I can call you and I will help you with this. You actually don't go to share, you go to copy drop box link

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@... > wrote:

I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to share, used the application key and went to share.  When I hit enter I went into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box.  I assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the request.  This morning the person had accepted my request to share the folder.  Those were the steps you explained.  Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo < gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@... > wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo < gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [ mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired

(513) 607-6053



--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
 


Hi, Gwen. The reason I believe that Marianne is having trouble following your instructions is that both of you are talking about two different things. You are trying to show her how to get and copy a public link for a file in her public DropBox folder into an email to send to another user.
 
On the otherhand, what Marianne wants to do, I believe, is to share one of her dropbox folders with a DropBox user with a different account. This may be what is causing the problem in communication.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gwensinfo
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:26 AM
Subject: Re: Drop Box file sharing

If you want to call me send me an email and I'll provide you my number, or I can call you and I will help you with this. You actually don't go to share, you go to copy drop box link

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to share, used the application key and went to share.  When I hit enter I went into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box.  I assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the request.  This morning the person had accepted my request to share the folder.  Those were the steps you explained.  Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13217 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: jaws professional?

dennis
 

nothing. unless you work at a company that uses a network to connect all of its machines. other than that the home version is just fine.

On 3/22/2016 9:55 AM, Mark Furness wrote:
What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark






Re: jaws professional?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
 

Depends. What Dave just said is true for 17 and beyond, as I understand. before that, the difference lay in both remote access, and the types of OS's on which it ran. Pro ran on any system, whereas Home was intended for home systems only.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Carlson [mailto:dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:01 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws professional?

It costs more, and is aimed at users who are using JAWS at their place of employment. The higher price is often footed by the employer. No functional difference.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Furness" <flintman57@gmail.com>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 07:55 AM
Subject: jaws professional?


What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark


Re: jaws professional?

Dave...
 

It costs more, and is aimed at users who are using JAWS at their place of
employment. The higher price is often footed by the employer. No functional
difference.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Furness" <flintman57@gmail.com>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 07:55 AM
Subject: jaws professional?


What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark


Re: jaws professional?

Kimber Gardner
 

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think jaws pro allows for remote
access. Of course I think there is an extra fee, but the option is
there.

On 3/22/16, Mark Furness <flintman57@gmail.com> wrote:
What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark



--
Kimberly


jaws professional?

Mark Furness
 

What is so special about the professional version of Jaws?

Mark


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>
 

If you want to call me send me an email and I'll provide you my number, or I can call you and I will help you with this. You actually don't go to share, you go to copy drop box link

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:36 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to share, used the application key and went to share.  When I hit enter I went into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box.  I assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the request.  This morning the person had accepted my request to share the folder.  Those were the steps you explained.  Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


Re: using scanner with JAWS

Tom Macha <toml614@...>
 

Hello everyone, I have found that the, “paper port” software was at one time very useful with Jaws. Although I must admit it has been some time since I have used it.

 

From: Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) [mailto:Ted.Lisle@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:58 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: using scanner with JAWS

 

I think it’s a part of Office, but has to be separately installed.  Most, if not all, scanners come with OEM software, the accessibility of which can vary widely.

 

Ted

 

From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 3:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: using scanner with JAWS

 

Thanks,

I always wondered how people scanned PDF documents in the work place. Is MS document imaging what people always use when they send you a PDF to read? Have a great one. I love to learn every day!

 

 

From: Gwensinfo

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 1:58 PM

Subject: Re: using scanner with JAWS

 

If you are actually wanting to use the scanner to create a PDF document, you can use Microsoft document imaging and once it is created, you can do print and select PDF creator is your printer take care

Gwen and the great Orb

sent from my iPhone 5s

"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "

Anonymous"


On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I need to create the documents, not read them.  I will just use the scanner without Kurzweil. 

 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:

You can use the virtual printer possibly in jaws to help you do this I hope it helps you read PDF documents anyway as far as scanning freedom scientific has something called open book.



Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

> On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:26 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:
>
> I have a Kannon scanner I use with my Kurzweil.  I need to scan in
> documents and create PDFs with the scanner but not Kurzweil.  Will
> JAWS help me do this?  If so, is there other information I need?
>
> --
> Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
> Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
> (513) 607-6053
>
>
>




--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired

(513) 607-6053


Re: VLC and Jaws 17

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
 

The thread on the Blu-Ray plug-in occurred on this list in late 2015. There may have been some correspondence between Brian and me, but most occurred right here.

Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario [mailto:mrb620@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:04 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: VLC and Jaws 17

do let us know what the plugin is, how to get it, if there are any adjustments for JAWS, how to use it if there is a gotcha to be aware of, and any other things you can think of.


On 3/22/2016 8:16 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
Then there are those mystery boxes and buttons that can be seen with the touch cursor. Anybody have insight on those? There has to be some untapped power there. Thanks to Bryan, we know that there’s a Blu-ray add-on, although it’s a sonofagun to download. When I finally figure a way to get my hands on that, and how to get it to resume, it just might be the world’s best media player.

Ted

From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:56 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Debbie,
I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.


From: Debbie April Yuille<mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:02 PM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 8:07 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Guys,
I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.


From: Debbie April Yuille<mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:25 AM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

From: Lauren Snyder [mailto:princessesrule@twc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:24 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.
Sincerely,

Lauren

From: Debbie April Yuille [mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:20 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH
Debbie

From: Lauren Snyder [mailto:princessesrule@twc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:08 AM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!


Sincerely,

Lauren


Re: VLC and Jaws 17

Mario
 

do let us know what the plugin is, how to get it, if there are any adjustments for JAWS, how to use it if there is a gotcha to be aware of, and any other things you can think of.

On 3/22/2016 8:16 AM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
Then there are those mystery boxes and buttons that can be seen with the touch cursor. Anybody have insight on those? There has to be some untapped power there. Thanks to Bryan, we know that there’s a Blu-ray add-on, although it’s a sonofagun to download. When I finally figure a way to get my hands on that, and how to get it to resume, it just might be the world’s best media player.

Ted

From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:56 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Debbie,
I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.


From: Debbie April Yuille<mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:02 PM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

From: David Moore [mailto:jesusloves1966@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 8:07 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Guys,
I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.


From: Debbie April Yuille<mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:25 AM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

From: Lauren Snyder [mailto:princessesrule@twc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:24 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.
Sincerely,

Lauren

From: Debbie April Yuille [mailto:debbiey1982@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:20 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH
Debbie

From: Lauren Snyder [mailto:princessesrule@twc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:08 AM
To: jfw@groups.io<mailto:jfw@groups.io>
Subject: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!


Sincerely,

Lauren


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Marianne Denning
 

I went into Drop Box on my computer, selected the file I wanted to share, used the application key and went to share.  When I hit enter I went into edit boxes but JAWS did not tell me what went in each edit box.  I assumed based on past experience what went into each edit box and sent the request.  This morning the person had accepted my request to share the folder.  Those were the steps you explained.  Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


Re: can't access web pages

David Ingram
 

Sometimes this happens when using https://then the address that you want to go to.  If you were to type http:// then the address that you want to go to, do you still get that message that says can’t display web page? I’m trying to figure this out because I only experience this when using the s after typing https:// then typing the address that I want to go to!  It doesn’t happen other wise.

 

From: judith bron [mailto:jbron@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 8:02 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: can't access web pages

 

I can’t access certain web pages with jaws.  I click on a page, get there, make sure I have a PC cursor, refresh the page and look for the article I want.  Jaws tells me “read only”  or there are no headings on the page.  I arrow down and get nothing but the word blank.  Some pages work fine but it seems the ones I really want get the blank reaction.  Is there a solution to this?  JB


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>
 

It puts it into my dropbox. That's if I have my drop box set up as a folder on my computer. I you the link and that it puts it out there.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:05 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Gwen. This works, but it wasn't what the original poster wants to do. What is wanted is to be able to share a DropBox folder which will appear on another person's DropBox account. The way you described doesn't automatically put the file on another user's computer.
----- Original Message -----
From: Gwensinfo
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: Drop Box file sharing

I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired

(513) 607-6053



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13216 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13216 (20160322) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>
 

Once you are in dropbox on your desktop, which actually looks like another folder, you Errol down until you find the document that you want to send via dropbox, and that's when you do the right-click and select the link option. I hope that's clear thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>
 

I am sorry, but I'm a bit confused. Did you say what I told you about creating a link work? I'm not sure what you're talking about edit boxes. When I do the link from the actual dropbox as a directory, I don't going to any edit boxes. Can you please explain.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053


Re: Drop Box file sharing

Marianne Denning
 

It worked that way.  JAWS does not tell me what goes in each edit box so I have to walk by faith.  It did work.  I think that is just a glitch in my computer. 

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...> wrote:
I apologize if I said.drop box link on the desktop, I meant dropbox icon on the desktop that was in my previous message thanks

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue  "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Cindy Ray <cindyray@...> wrote:

So far I haven’t been able to do anything with it except log in for a while.

Cindy

 

 

From: Marianne Denning [mailto:marianne@...]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Drop Box file sharing

 

Every time I want to share a folder with someone in Drop Box it has changed and seems less accessible.  Has anyone tried to share a folder recently?  If so, could you give me some tips please.


--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired




--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired
(513) 607-6053