Date   

Failed to obtain list of task tray icons -- anyone seen this message?

Kimber Gardner
 

Hi All,

When I press jaws key + f11 I am getting the message "failed to obtain
list of task tray icons." It seems to be happening consistently, so
I'm curious, first if anyone has ever seen that message? Second, is
there a fix?

I am running the most recent release of jaws 15 on a windows 7 laptop.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly


Re: Firefox tabs and Jaws 15

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
 

I use JAWS with many programs and experience the loss of focus issue frequently. It doesn't require that I am using Firefox to experience this issue.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim L via Jfw" <jfw@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 5:26 PM
Subject: Firefox tabs and Jaws 15


Heya folks,

For awhile now since the jaws 15 version ending with 5056, all new versions
after that one sometimes when on firefox tabs I will be on a website and
typing in an edit box or just surfing that page and Jaws will flick to
another tab by itself, its kind of annoying and I have reported this to FS
months back but still no fix. Is anyone else on this list use firefox tabs a
lot and are experiencing the same strange thing?

Cheers,

Jim



_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9976 (20140620) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9976 (20140620) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

David Hardingham
 

Hi and thanks to all,

I used your suggestions and key strokes I did not know about to hdeal quite well with this iss.

Thanks,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Londa Peterson
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:50 PM
To: David Hardingham ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I've had this problem before. Since I use a Braille display, I can see that
the message is actually there, but JAWS isn't reading it. The problem is
that if you don't hit escape and reopen the message, JAWS won't
automatically read them anymore until you do. When this problem happens, try
using your arrow keys and see if the message is actually there.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hardingham via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:52 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six
pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more
often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down
curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes
much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/a67adaa8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Firefox tabs and Jaws 15

Jim L
 

Heya folks,

For awhile now since the jaws 15 version ending with 5056, all new versions
after that one sometimes when on firefox tabs I will be on a website and
typing in an edit box or just surfing that page and Jaws will flick to
another tab by itself, its kind of annoying and I have reported this to FS
months back but still no fix. Is anyone else on this list use firefox tabs a
lot and are experiencing the same strange thing?

Cheers,

Jim


Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>
 

also, again;
you need to make sure that the screen is maximized, so jaws will work
properly, have good focus.
also, ctrl+d=delete while inside a message,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Melissa Stott
via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 2:59 PM
To: Londa Peterson; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I've not experienced any of these problems in which you have described. I
am using windows 7 and windows live mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Londa Peterson via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:50 PM
To: David Hardingham ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I've had this problem before. Since I use a Braille display, I can see that
the message is actually there, but JAWS isn't reading it. The problem is
that if you don't hit escape and reopen the message, JAWS won't
automatically read them anymore until you do. When this problem happens, try
using your arrow keys and see if the message is actually there.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hardingham via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:52 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six
pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more
often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down
curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes
much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201406
19/a67adaa8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>
 

I've not experienced any of these problems in which you have described. I am using windows 7 and windows live mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Londa Peterson via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:50 PM
To: David Hardingham ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I've had this problem before. Since I use a Braille display, I can see that
the message is actually there, but JAWS isn't reading it. The problem is
that if you don't hit escape and reopen the message, JAWS won't
automatically read them anymore until you do. When this problem happens, try
using your arrow keys and see if the message is actually there.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hardingham via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:52 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six
pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more
often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down
curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes
much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/a67adaa8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: formatting emails

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>
 

make sure windows is maximized.

if you are using windows 7 it's windows key plus up arrow.
or, of course,
alt+spacebar plus letter "x".

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Judith Bron
via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 9:11 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: formatting emails

Thanks to those who suggested I replace my keyboard. I did and it made a
world of difference. Except for my emails. As you can hear in this one I
get one or two words per line making it awkeward for sighted readers. Is
there a way to format emails so they read normally? Thanks, Judith

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201406
20/8068fd69/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>
 

second request?

well, third answer;

I'm assuming your asking about deleteing messages while in a message in
windows live mail,

just enter on the message,
ctrl+d=delete, this will move you to the next message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Londa Peterson
via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:50 PM
To: David Hardingham; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I've had this problem before. Since I use a Braille display, I can see that
the message is actually there, but JAWS isn't reading it. The problem is
that if you don't hit escape and reopen the message, JAWS won't
automatically read them anymore until you do. When this problem happens, try

using your arrow keys and see if the message is actually there.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hardingham via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:52 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six
pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more

often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down
curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes
much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201406
19/a67adaa8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

Londa Peterson
 

I've had this problem before. Since I use a Braille display, I can see that the message is actually there, but JAWS isn't reading it. The problem is that if you don't hit escape and reopen the message, JAWS won't automatically read them anymore until you do. When this problem happens, try using your arrow keys and see if the message is actually there. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hardingham via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:52 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/a67adaa8/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: formatting emails

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

your email is formatted just fine here.
Are you sure you don't just need to maximize the current window?

At 09:11 AM 6/20/2014, you wrote:
Thanks to those who suggested I replace my keyboard. I did and it made a
world of difference. Except for my emails. As you can hear in this one I
get one or two words per line making it awkeward for sighted readers. Is
there a way to format emails so they read normally? Thanks, Judith

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140620/8068fd69/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: formatting emails

Dave...
 

Judith, nothing wrong with the formatting here. Perhaps you have your window
sized too small, or your own font set too large, so that you only hear a
couple words per line.

Dave Carlson
Future Oregonian, pioneer, landlord, Farfar, musician, and woodworker

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judith Bron via Jfw" <jfw@...>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@...>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 06:11 AM
Subject: formatting emails


Thanks to those who suggested I replace my keyboard. I did and it made a
world of difference. Except for my emails. As you can hear in this one I
get one or two words per line making it awkeward for sighted readers. Is
there a way to format emails so they read normally? Thanks, Judith

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140620/8068fd69/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


formatting emails

judith bron
 

Thanks to those who suggested I replace my keyboard. I did and it made a
world of difference. Except for my emails. As you can hear in this one I
get one or two words per line making it awkeward for sighted readers. Is
there a way to format emails so they read normally? Thanks, Judith

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140620/8068fd69/attachment.html>


Re: Latest release of jaws has inconsistent keyboard settings

Stan Bobbitt
 

Hi, I too have windows 7 home premium with JAWS 15 on 1 machine and I have windows 8 with the latest JAWS on another and I have not experienced this either.

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Martin via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:20 PM
To: Kimberly ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Latest release of jaws has inconsistent keyboard settings

As far as I know, I'm running the latest JAWS 15 (unless a new one has
come out in the last couple of days), and I've never seen this
behavior. I have a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I have a
desktop where I use the laptop keyboard layout because it's what I
learned on, and it runs Win 7 Pro.

Brad Martin
brad@...
www.facebook.com/ucoupons

On 6/19/2014 5:00 AM, Kimberly via Jfw wrote:
Hi All,

This morning I updated jaws 15 to the latest release. What a mistake!

Now my laptop will not retain the laptop layout for the keyboard. I can set the layout in the jaws screen, but as soon as I navigate to another window the layout reverts to desktop. So essentially I have no jaws key.

Anyone seen this problem with the most recent relise of jaws 15?

Kim

Sent from Kimber's iPhone
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
My general shopping page: www.formyfriends.org <http://www.formyfriends.org>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals:
facebook.com/ucoupons <http://www.facebook.com/ucoupons>
My Upromise Guest Shopping Link: upromise.com/guest/2248989069
<http://www.upromise.com/guest/2248989069>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/d65c9844/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: Latest release of jaws has inconsistent keyboard settings

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>
 

There hasn't been a new update for a while. I'm not having any problems either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Martin via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:20 PM
To: Kimberly ; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Latest release of jaws has inconsistent keyboard settings

As far as I know, I'm running the latest JAWS 15 (unless a new one has
come out in the last couple of days), and I've never seen this
behavior. I have a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I have a
desktop where I use the laptop keyboard layout because it's what I
learned on, and it runs Win 7 Pro.

Brad Martin
brad@...
www.facebook.com/ucoupons

On 6/19/2014 5:00 AM, Kimberly via Jfw wrote:
Hi All,

This morning I updated jaws 15 to the latest release. What a mistake!

Now my laptop will not retain the laptop layout for the keyboard. I can set the layout in the jaws screen, but as soon as I navigate to another window the layout reverts to desktop. So essentially I have no jaws key.

Anyone seen this problem with the most recent relise of jaws 15?

Kim

Sent from Kimber's iPhone
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
My general shopping page: www.formyfriends.org <http://www.formyfriends.org>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals:
facebook.com/ucoupons <http://www.facebook.com/ucoupons>
My Upromise Guest Shopping Link: upromise.com/guest/2248989069
<http://www.upromise.com/guest/2248989069>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/d65c9844/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: Latest release of jaws has inconsistent keyboard settings

Brad Martin
 

As far as I know, I'm running the latest JAWS 15 (unless a new one has come out in the last couple of days), and I've never seen this behavior. I have a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium, and I have a desktop where I use the laptop keyboard layout because it's what I learned on, and it runs Win 7 Pro.

Brad Martin
brad@...
www.facebook.com/ucoupons

On 6/19/2014 5:00 AM, Kimberly via Jfw wrote:
Hi All,

This morning I updated jaws 15 to the latest release. What a mistake!

Now my laptop will not retain the laptop layout for the keyboard. I can set the layout in the jaws screen, but as soon as I navigate to another window the layout reverts to desktop. So essentially I have no jaws key.

Anyone seen this problem with the most recent relise of jaws 15?

Kim

Sent from Kimber's iPhone
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
My general shopping page: www.formyfriends.org <http://www.formyfriends.org>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals: facebook.com/ucoupons <http://www.facebook.com/ucoupons>
My Upromise Guest Shopping Link: upromise.com/guest/2248989069 <http://www.upromise.com/guest/2248989069>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/d65c9844/attachment.html>


thanks for old version and questions

Brandon
 

Hey thanks for version 3.2. now does anyone have a copy of the new features in 3.2 tape? had a copy of it once and lost it. if so, hopefully someone can send it to me as an mp3 Also am looking for older jaws trainings such as 3.0 etc for old memories. thanks for reading.


second request jaws 14 and windows live mail

David Hardingham
 

I received little or no help with my question.

When I try and sort my incomeing e mail and hit the delete key on the six pack sometimes the cursor will move to the next message in the list but more often it will just stop.

In order to move to the next message I have to hit excape and the down curser.

I get a lot of mail for which I have no interest and going through takes much longer this way.

Again I have jaws 14 latest, latest windows live mail and i..e. 8.

Thanks,

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140619/a67adaa8/attachment.html>


Re: Issue with exiting forms mode in jFW 15

Dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>
 

I've always used the escape key to exit forms mode.

HTH

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Cristóbal via
Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:38 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: Issue with exiting forms mode in jFW 15

Hello list,



I’ve been experiencing an weird issue for the past week or so with Jaws and
wanted to know if others had come across it as well.

When I’m in a browser, be it IE or Firefox (running latest versions) and
enter into forms mode and subsequently exit forms mode with the PC cursor
button, I am taken to an entirely separate application window. This isn’t
always the case, but it is indeed more often than not. I’ve always had the
automatic forms mode feature disabled as I prefer to manually enter and exit
edit fields on my own instead of being automatically placed into them.

Like I said, I’ve only been dealing with this problem for the past week or
so. I am running the latest Jaws version. I don’t recall changing any
particular Jaws settings that could cause such a behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/201406
19/26569f38/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: looking for an old jaws version

Brandon
 

thanks for the version now does anyone have the tapes that went along with it such as the new features tape. i had it once and would like it as well as the training tapes. Hopefully they can be converted to mp3. thanks

On Jun 19, 2014, at 9:33 AM, Brandon Misch <bmisch2002@...> wrote:

thanks but is there a way this can be zipped up?

On Jun 19, 2014, at 1:29 AM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

Hi Brandon,
The "read me" file on the CD (which btw is dated 7/30/98 LOL) says that the directory <SETUP> contains the files to install JFW 3.2. Run the Setup.exe
program contained in this directory to install JFW."
JAWS version 2.00.29 is also on the CD but the read me file says that it can not be installed directly from the CD.
Here's a link to that SETUP directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnfzla9m33gd6jv/AAB8Ys71uBckhqh9Ta1VPYZAa

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt
-----Original Message----- From: Brandon Misch via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:52 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: looking for an old jaws version

i figured as much. well since the version of eloquence can’t be used all i would need is just the installer from the cd or the cd itself. sure that would work in a vm if it’s not too much to ask. Think the demo on that version was also 40 minutes back then.
Maybe putting it in a site such as sendspace or dropbox would work if possible. Don’t really need the auth disk.

On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:37 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

I can confirm what Stan has told you here. I too have JFW 3.2, and the program itself is on a CD. The floppy is simply to authorize the copy of JAWS. But it's not something you could easily send electronically. It's not like the installers we download today where the whole thing is one file. Furthermore, most of us are running 64-Bit JAWS these days, and I don't think you could make a sixteen year old version of Eloquence work with a 64-bit anything. (The files on this CD are all dated 1998.) Perhaps I am wrong.

Brad Martin
brad@...
www.facebook.com/ucoupons


On 6/18/2014 4:34 PM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw wrote:
Hi Dave and everyone,

I didn’t get a copy of my 1st post back in my Jfw support list folder so don’t know if it made it through to the list or not. So here goes again with an update:
“I just now found the JFW 3.2 software CD. The case is about an inch thick. It indeed has a CD disk inside. There's a 2 sided section with braille instructions that say to insert the CD and run D:\setup. then to insert a diskette when prompted. It looks like there's a place for a diskette inside the CD case but I must have stored it somewhere else. I guess now I'll rummage through the closet and try to locate that diskette.”
update:
I found 3 floppy disks with braille labels that say:
JFW
authorize
3.2
henter-joyce
I’m sure one of them came inside the CD case I described. I’m getting ready to put the CD in my PC and see what’s on it. I have an external USB floppy drive...

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140618/bcbbba78/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
My general shopping page: www.formyfriends.org <http://www.formyfriends.org>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals: facebook.com/ucoupons <http://www.facebook.com/ucoupons>
My Upromise Guest Shopping Link: upromise.com/guest/2248989069 <http://www.upromise.com/guest/2248989069>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140618/b342031d/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Re: looking for an old jaws version

Stan Bobbitt
 

Sure but why, it's only 10.8 MB

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Misch via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:33 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: looking for an old jaws version

thanks but is there a way this can be zipped up?

On Jun 19, 2014, at 1:29 AM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

Hi Brandon,
The "read me" file on the CD (which btw is dated 7/30/98 LOL) says that the directory <SETUP> contains the files to install JFW 3.2. Run the Setup.exe
program contained in this directory to install JFW."
JAWS version 2.00.29 is also on the CD but the read me file says that it can not be installed directly from the CD.
Here's a link to that SETUP directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fnfzla9m33gd6jv/AAB8Ys71uBckhqh9Ta1VPYZAa

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt
-----Original Message----- From: Brandon Misch via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:52 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: looking for an old jaws version

i figured as much. well since the version of eloquence can’t be used all i would need is just the installer from the cd or the cd itself. sure that would work in a vm if it’s not too much to ask. Think the demo on that version was also 40 minutes back then.
Maybe putting it in a site such as sendspace or dropbox would work if possible. Don’t really need the auth disk.

On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:37 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

I can confirm what Stan has told you here. I too have JFW 3.2, and the program itself is on a CD. The floppy is simply to authorize the copy of JAWS. But it's not something you could easily send electronically. It's not like the installers we download today where the whole thing is one file. Furthermore, most of us are running 64-Bit JAWS these days, and I don't think you could make a sixteen year old version of Eloquence work with a 64-bit anything. (The files on this CD are all dated 1998.) Perhaps I am wrong.

Brad Martin
brad@...
www.facebook.com/ucoupons


On 6/18/2014 4:34 PM, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw wrote:
Hi Dave and everyone,

I didn’t get a copy of my 1st post back in my Jfw support list folder so don’t know if it made it through to the list or not. So here goes again with an update:
“I just now found the JFW 3.2 software CD. The case is about an inch thick. It indeed has a CD disk inside. There's a 2 sided section with braille instructions that say to insert the CD and run D:\setup. then to insert a diskette when prompted. It looks like there's a place for a diskette inside the CD case but I must have stored it somewhere else. I guess now I'll rummage through the closet and try to locate that diskette.”
update:
I found 3 floppy disks with braille labels that say:
JFW
authorize
3.2
henter-joyce
I’m sure one of them came inside the CD case I described. I’m getting ready to put the CD in my PC and see what’s on it. I have an external USB floppy drive...

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.…”
Stan Bobbitt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140618/bcbbba78/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>
My general shopping page: www.formyfriends.org <http://www.formyfriends.org>
My Facebook page where I post online shopping coupons and deals: facebook.com/ucoupons <http://www.facebook.com/ucoupons>
My Upromise Guest Shopping Link: upromise.com/guest/2248989069 <http://www.upromise.com/guest/2248989069>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20140618/b342031d/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com