moderated Re: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Curtis Chong

Yes! Your procedure is the easiest for most of us to use. Thank you.

On Aug 12, 2022, at 11:47 PM, Panagiotis Antonopoulos <pantonop2856@...> wrote:

Hi James/all,
It has perennially occurred to me. The way I restore the normal use of cntrl-pgdown is by clicking cntrl-g, press the next button which takes me to the next page and then I hit esc. There may be better ways, but this has been my solution.
Cheers,
Takis

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Lockwood
Sent: Παρασκευή, 12 Αυγούστου 2022 18:37
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Can anyone else reproduce this? This is not a new problem. I’ve been encountering it for a while now. Open up Microsoft word. I have office 365. I’m using jaws 2022. Search for any text. After doing the search, close out that dialog box going back to viewing the word document. Now, try to go down page by page by hitting control page down. Before you conducted the search for the text, control page down moved to the next page. After conducting the search, control page down says something to the effect of search had been completed and you’re taking all the way down to the bottom of the last page no matter where you are in the document. After doing the search it appears that control page down or control page up no longer has the same functionality. This is the case even if you close out Microsoft Word and re-open it.