moderated Re: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Curtis Chong

Hello Adrian:

You are absolutely right. This is incredibly frustrating.

Regarding the original problem, the only way to restore the page up and down functions and to clear out the repeating find is to perform a Control g, type in a page number, and press Enter. Then page up and page down perform the normal page navigation again. Regrettably, there is no way to prevent this problem from occurring.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 12:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Hi Curtis,

The functional difference between the two search options is that the Word control-f will look for the search string, whether a word or letters within a word, while JAWS's insert-f searches only for words.

--
My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions and, for qualified readers in the US, at the National Library Service/BARD. Go to: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 11:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Hello James:

I just updated my Microsoft 365 software yesterday. I am not finding what you are finding using the CTRL+F command in Word to search for text.

Incidentally, do you know that you can ask JAWS to find something in a word document by pressing the JAWS key with the letter f? Once you do the first search, you can repeat the search by pressing JAWS key with F3.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Lockwood
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2022 9:37 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Problem after searching for text in office Docs

Can anyone else reproduce this? This is not a new problem. I’ve been encountering it for a while now. Open up Microsoft word. I have office 365. I’m using jaws 2022. Search for any text. After doing the search, close out that dialog box going back to viewing the word document. Now, try to go down page by page by hitting control page down. Before you conducted the search for the text, control page down moved to the next page. After conducting the search, control page down says something to the effect of search had been completed and you’re taking all the way down to the bottom of the last page no matter where you are in the document. After doing the search it appears that control page down or control page up no longer has the same functionality. This is the case even if you close out Microsoft Word and re-open it.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.