moderated Re: Excel 2016

Van Lant, Robin

Wow, had no idea it could toggle!  I don’t normally pay attention to it, so I turned it off in the Options, but I could see using it sometime.  I was on an Excel class a couple weeks ago and the teacher was telling people to follow the prompts to fill in the formulas. I forgot to ask him where that was visually on the screen to see if I could get JAWS to read it.  I’ll ask one of my fellow classmates.   I learned that hitting tab after starting to type a formula will populate the function name and the opening parenthesis.  I love Excel classes for learning new tricks, but it’s hit or miss as to how much is presented visually that I have to find alternate options to use.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 10:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel 2016

Robin,

It's probably the formula autocomplete checkbox.  I didn't know, until I just checked, that this feature can be toggled on/off while editing formulas by hitting ALT + Down Arrow.

It is ON by default, and I'll bet at one point an ALT + Down Arrow was hit during a formula editing that toggled it off.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114