moderated Re: Jaws and fusion?

David Diamond

What is Fusion?  I’ve heard of JAWS of course and zoomtext, but have no idea how Fusion works. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: August 10, 2022 8:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and fusion?

Brian:

You can run JAWS and/or ZoomText as separate programs under your Fusion license, and you get both in any case. So, as a user, you can choose to run Fusion, JAWS, ZoomText, or any combination.

Curtis

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 8:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws and fusion?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 10:51 AM, Curtis Chong wrote:

Are you now saying that when Fusion is installed, you don’t get both JAWS and ZoomText as a part of the package?

-
No, I said precisely what you have:  Fusion is JAWS and ZoomText rolled into one.  But the last time I dealt with Fusion I thought I recalled there being a "Grand Unified Interface" from which you could choose, essentially, to use classic JAWS functions, classic ZoomText functions, or both at the same time.

That is why I find it confusing to see the phrasing, "running fusion with zoomText."   To me, that implies Fusion is installed, and ZoomText is installed as a separate thing, which makes zero sense to me.  If you're running Fusion you're running Fusion.  You may use whichever of the classic JAWS or ZoomText functions you wish, but you are not "running ZoomText" with Fusion, you are using the magnification features/side of Fusion.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.