moderated Structured Discovery and Assistive Technology

Mark

On one of the threads, there was a bit of discussion about learning experiences.  I thought I'd start a separate thread about structured discovery and assistive technology.     From what I know, structured discovery is a teaching philosophy that started with cane teaching. It emphasizes the development of non-visual skills, situational reasoning, and problem solving with a goal of greater independence.   The application of the philosophy to learning assistive technology sounds new.  The NFB had a conference about it a couple of years ago.   Has anyone heard of structured discovery with assistive tech?  I'm curious what it's like.