moderated Re: The purpose of screen reader instruction:

Gene Warner

Control+F4 closes the current document or web page, if the document or web page is the only one open it also closes the application unless the application can be open with no document open as most Office programs can

Gene...

On 8/8/2022 7:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 07:27 PM, Lori Lynn wrote:
I have always thought that if I had multiple web pages open that I
was to press Control+F4 to close just one of them. I’ve never heard
of Control+W. Am I mistaken?
-
CTRL + F4 does work as CTRL + W does, but I do not choose to teach it because it's so darned easy to hit ALT instead of CTRL if you're in a hurry/distracted/etc.  CTRL + W will never exit a browser except if you have one, and only one, tab open (the same is probably true of CTRL + F4
*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
*     ~ Lauren Bacall