From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2022 6:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: The purpose of screen reader instruction:

The short version is that Alt+F4 is the Windows global close command.
Alt+F4 will close whatever the focus happens to be on, if it the Windows
desktop, it will shut down Windows.

Gene...

On 8/8/2022 6:15 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
This deserves some clarification. Yes, alt-F4 can close down a website. More specifically, it closes individual windows. Sometimes the effect is to close a program or app, such as a browser. Sometimes it just closes a document, as is the case with MS Word, although if only one Word document is open, it will also close Word.

What Gene is referring to here is the effect pressing alt-F4 has when focus is on the desktop. In this case, it presents the user with the option to shut down the computer.